Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer - Beta 13 - Updated 4/25/2013 - (It's BACK!)  (Read 164431 times)

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer - Beta 13 - Updated 4/25/2013 - (Not back)
« Reply #540 on: October 02, 2021, 10:55:00 am »

-snip-

apologies for the necropost but i believe it is worth it since it seems the source code is still in here (for now, the site says it will shut down in july 2021... considering its almost october 2021 theres probably no predicting when it will shut down. I have downloaded it however and i believe its also saved on the wayback machine)

since the original author has completely vanished would it be possible for it to be restarted by the community or is it not worth it at this point?

Thanks for saving it! I think Raw Explorer might be too outdated to revive, especially with promising new projects on the horizon, which should hopefully fill its niche. Nonetheless, having the source code available is a positive, if only for the sake of conservation.
Unless it’s not listed in there yet or something I don’t really see anything that does what this program did. Is there somewhere to get more info about this project? it does seem interesting
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer - Beta 13 - Updated 4/25/2013 - (It's BACK!)
« Reply #541 on: October 02, 2021, 12:26:50 pm »

They have a discord. Here’s the link, hopefully they won’t mind me putting a permanent one here. The idea is to map out the Dwarf Fortress raw language in the so-called ”language server” and have that serve as the base for syntax highlighters. Rather than a specialized app like Raw Explorer, you would use some other text editor or IDE with an extension, which in turn would use the language server to parse whatever raws you had and highlight them for you.
They are looking for testers for the VS Code extension, so if you’re interested that is one way of finding out more (another is just asking them).
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]