Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer - Beta 13 - Updated 4/25/2013 - (It's BACK!)  (Read 164432 times)

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
Re: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer - Beta 13 - Updated 4/25/2013 - (It's BACK!)
« Reply #525 on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:49 pm »

Now we are starting to get someplace!  I've really been enjoying the opportunity to learn WPF by re-writing the application.  Plus it's given me some renewed interest in it's development, which is good for everyone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 01, 2014, 07:49:36 pm »

This is great, can't wait to be able to use it again.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 14, 2014, 08:06:22 pm »

I know this still works, but...you ok?

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 09, 2014, 04:55:06 am »

I need a tutorial for the graphics editor.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Qtw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 22, 2015, 03:45:41 pm »

i am having a problem with this... for some reason it says there are no raw files in my folders. when i checked they were all .txt files.
did i screw something up?

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 14, 2015, 03:05:30 am »

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to use this. Would you be able to add a quick tutorial/getting started section some point in the future?

EDIT: My bad, was under the impression this was up to date, silly me! Lovely project though!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:07:39 am by Ianflow »
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 14, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »

Hooray, glad this is back!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 14, 2015, 05:42:39 pm »

It isn't :c
It's not current version and apparently the dev was working with a new thing to make a better version
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

tiggerizzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 18, 2015, 07:50:08 am »

Just wanted to confirm that this tool runs under wine on OSX using a prefix with a win32 architecture and winetricks to install dotnet40 and gdiplus_winxp. Thanks for your hard work building this tool. The building designer was exactly what I was looking for.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 17, 2018, 10:00:37 pm »

Necro this thread.

This tool is still listed on the Utilities thread, but seems long abandoned, and it was very useful.
I found repo's for it on SourceForge, etc., but no code was ever committed.

Does anyone have the source code for RawExplorer?

Does anyone have a complete parser for RAWs that supports all file types?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 19, 2018, 12:45:31 pm »

Necro this thread.

This tool is still listed on the Utilities thread, but seems long abandoned, and it was very useful.
I found repo's for it on SourceForge, etc., but no code was ever committed.

Does anyone have the source code for RawExplorer?

Does anyone have a complete parser for RAWs that supports all file types?

I didn't explicitly try, but the last version should still parse the raws and show creature graphics correctly. I don't think there was a syntax change. There's also the standardization tools by a user called Quietsun written in matlab. That code also parses the creature raws (and the code is on github). That might help you. What specifically are you planning to do? If you tell us your intentions, we might be able to help better.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 19, 2018, 04:40:36 pm »

I'm writing a Lua based raw processor, for making procedural mods.

DFHack uses lua natively, and lua was specifically designed to do data description, so it fits perfectly.
Instead of resolving conflicts between mods, apply them over each other.

Completely parsing existing raws into a data structure with validation is daunting  (especially creature raws).

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2021, 01:14:09 pm »

Nice! When will it be available?

The new version probably won't be available for several weeks yet.  There is a lot of minimum required functionality that hasn't been re-implemented yet.  The first few releases will still probably be missing functions compared to the current WinForms version.

If you are really curious and brave (and know how to compile software) you can grab the source code from http://rawexplorer.codeplex.com; it's updated whenever I make a change.  Depending on when you grab the source it might be horribly broken though.  If anyone is interested in helping out with code just let me know.  The codeplex project is all setup for forks and accepting pull requests.

apologies for the necropost but i believe it is worth it since it seems the source code is still in here (for now, the site says it will shut down in july 2021... considering its almost october 2021 theres probably no predicting when it will shut down. I have downloaded it however and i believe its also saved on the wayback machine)

since the original author has completely vanished would it be possible for it to be restarted by the community or is it not worth it at this point?
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer - Beta 13 - Updated 4/25/2013 - (Not back)
« Reply #539 on: September 30, 2021, 04:13:28 pm »

-snip-

apologies for the necropost but i believe it is worth it since it seems the source code is still in here (for now, the site says it will shut down in july 2021... considering its almost october 2021 theres probably no predicting when it will shut down. I have downloaded it however and i believe its also saved on the wayback machine)

since the original author has completely vanished would it be possible for it to be restarted by the community or is it not worth it at this point?

Thanks for saving it! I think Raw Explorer might be too outdated to revive, especially with promising new projects on the horizon, which should hopefully fill its niche. Nonetheless, having the source code available is a positive, if only for the sake of conservation.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37