Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peacefull Necromancer Towers  (Read 2698 times)

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Peacefull Necromancer Towers
« on: March 23, 2012, 01:52:32 pm »

I just genned a desert world using perfect world, high desert settings and modding [START_BIOME:ANY_DESERT] (into the races humans, elfs). I went to check the embarks and saw the towers were not at war with my civilizations. This is kinda neat. Anyone have any experience visiting in adventure or actually embarking near one of these?
I voted for BANANA!

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peacefull Necromancer Towers
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 02:16:44 pm »

Using the Embark Anywhere tool, you can actually embark on them.

All the necromancers were friendly, but the horde of undead wants to kill my Dwarves.

So I locked the door, dug out underneath the tower, and collapsed it into the ground.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 02:34:58 pm »

If a friendly tower could send caravans, what would they send?
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 02:35:50 pm »

Towers aren't civilizations, so they can't declare war on you, and don't have any of the normal autohostility traits, so they're not automatically hostile. That doesn't mean they'll refrain from attempting to kill you, though. No red WAR or hostility line is the normal state for towers, yet they still send necromancers who will be hostile and undead.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 02:43:01 pm »

Cool, so they will work as intended =) glad to hear, honestly I had always (thought) I saw "war" ---- dashes in my 257x257 gens, might be unique to the smaller 66x66 layout.

I certainly don't intend to embark on one =)

Necromancer caravans would DEMAND tribute instead of trading =) sort of like reverse banditry on caravans... and now that I think about it would be a really awesome feature if caravans of bandits, evil necromancers, wizards, or vampire lords (living up in a lonely mansion) demanded goods from your fortress in order not to be attacked or assimilated... They could even be based off their own preferences (what materials and objects they like). 99% of that is there and ready to go in the code lol.
I voted for BANANA!

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 02:56:15 pm »

I think it would work better if bandits threatened to dump all their armor, weapons, clothes, and human bone rings on your stoop unless you agreed to their demands.  Oh hey, that's how it works out anyways.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 02:59:28 pm »

Never had a bandit drop by, but sure with necromancers, usually they end up dropping their clothes when I assign them to a military squad naked lol.
I voted for BANANA!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 03:01:57 pm »

"Give us 10 bars of gold or we'll drop all our clothes, weapons, armor and 857 assorted hair and nail crafts on your doorstep and send your FPS down to the magma sea!"
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »

You still have to admit, it might be fun trying to load up 10 gold bars onto their wagon, just to avoid FPS death every year =P
I voted for BANANA!

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 05:00:13 pm »

By the way, the dashes ------- is not the same as a state of war (represented by "WAR"). Goblins are just unpleasant jerks. I don't know if goblins behave differently if they're at 4realz war with your civ, but if the nearest human or elf civ is at war with your home civ, they'll have "WAR" next to their name and it will be awesome come next spring or summer.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 09:52:11 pm »

Ya, good one pointing that out, I've actually seen it that way, but had it twisted up in my head. I almost never have war in my gens, usually you need more overlapping civs for that.
I voted for BANANA!