Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Town neighbor?  (Read 10653 times)

Hardrada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Town neighbor?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 12:53:48 am »

I ran across a town on the neighbours screen, and upon investigating identified the settlement in question and looked it up in the world sites and pops file which showed it had animated corpses in the population.  A quick check through other sites with animated corpses indicates that some necromancers may hide out in towns before they have the 50 undead necessary to construct a tower.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 01:05:14 am »

Seen it too, got sieged by undead goblins three times, never saw any necromancers, and the bodies never reanimated. Never saw any human traders, either. Last time a four squad goblin ambush tore the undead goblins apart, I think they would have uncovered a necromancer, they were all over the map. Looking in legends, a human necromancer was the ruler of a nearby kingdom from year 1. Towns had the same radius as towers on the embark neighbors list. There were also towers in that world. It was a pretty evil place.

Phynhas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:49 pm »

I genned a world not long ago that had several "undead hamlets", etc.  Maybe the necro's took over, or a single necro became civ leader, which happens from time to time.  I guess it's also possible some idiots built their hamlet in an evil biome? 

Anyway, I only looked at it in legends, so I can't say for certain how it showed up on the embark screen.
Pages: 1 [2]