Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: ☢CAUTION!!☢ Touhou Rearranges, Remixes + other music  (Read 30139 times)

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢CAUTION!!☢ Touhou Rearranges, Remixes + other music
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 04:37:59 pm »

Thanks alway and Ochita! Loved both of those tracks.

Also I suck at the bullet hell shooter games so I prefer playing SWR (Scarlet Weather Rhapsody = main game) + UNL (Unthinkable Natural Law = expansion) AKA Touhou Hisoutensoku which are the newest ones in the Touhou fighting game series (think of Street Fighter II as a somewhat similar one. Here's some Japanese Soku Tournament game). Btw I think they are the best fighting games in existence so far. But that's just my opinion. And they got awesome soundtracks as well.
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 05:46:00 pm »

Some that I like:

O-Life Japan - 温泉と酒で気分は祭よ (Walking the Streets of a Former Hell) I'm not a huge fan of most of orchestral arrangements, but I really like this one, since it never really tries to be all latin-chanty epic or anything.
はちみつれもん - 酔月(Instrumental) (Broken Moon) I like the instruments.

君の美術館 - Magic Shop of Raspberry I like this circle a lot. I love how they use the piano and guitar together.
君の美術館 - 少女さとり ~ 3rd eye (Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye)

白いしましまうさぎ - 黄泉比良坂丑の刻 (The Bridge People No Longer Cross) Easily the best arrangement of this track. I like the circle a lot too, they use unique instruments.

ripple - Undermine (Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial) If you like Tekken music, you'll like this guy. I don't know if it's really electronic because I don't know genres. It gets bagged on for being too different from the original, but I totally dig the track anyways. It clearly has ties to the original track, it's actually a rearrangement with ripple doing his own thing, and it was made to thematically fit the character. It kicks ass.
ripple - Scarlet Master (Septette for the Dead Princess)
ripple - City of Solitude (Voile, the Magic Library) This one strays a lot more from the original, but I actually like the build up to the familiar theme.

Demetori - Illusionary Night ~ Ghostly EyesI'm not much for Demetori's harder stuff, but I really love the 如臨深遠 ~雨縒煙柳~ album. The variety in the album is fantastic.
Demetori - 東の国の眠らない夜
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:56:48 pm by Patchouli »

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 06:25:21 pm »

Thanks Patchouli! Even though you're my arch-nemesis in Soku (nicknamed Spamchouli by some players) I really liked all the tracks you linked. Keep 'em coming!

P.S. Got my ass kicked in Soku again. Even though my friend isn't that much better than me in the game. Then again we're both just amateurs even on EU/NA level.

Habblatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 06:32:30 pm »

Fungee, do you hang out in the hisouten IRC on rizon? I tried to get into the game before, playing Reisen, but I didn't really come anywhere in terms of skill!

To not go too off topic I'm gonna drop this DTE track here like the yuppe fanboy I am..
Draw the Emotional - Darkness is always next to me / 妖魔夜行

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 06:38:06 pm »

Soku

To not go too off topic

We have various Hisoutensoku topics scattered about Other Games, jfyi, although there haven't been any posts in a while.

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 06:41:34 pm »

Fungee, do you hang out in the hisouten IRC on rizon? I tried to get into the game before, playing Reisen, but I didn't really come anywhere in terms of skill!

To not go too off topic I'm gonna drop this DTE track here like the yuppe fanboy I am..
Draw the Emotional - Darkness is always next to me / 妖魔夜行

I don't hang out there too often since I usually satisfy my Soku needs playing against my similarly skilled friend. Also a friendly hint don't be afraid to play against players of higher skill on #hisouten even if they seem pretty self-absorbed. From what I've seen all of them like giving out tips and help the newer players. Just so that they get more worthy opponents some day... Kyuu.

Anyways I live in Finland (+2 GMT or +2 CET timezone) so it might be a pain in the ass to catch me on that particular channel whenever I'm online in there. But sure I'll play with you if we happen to meet sometime.

Back on Topic: Let's leave it at this and enjoy all the nice music we may find, mmkay?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 07:24:25 pm »

There's a real Touhou wiki you know right?

Oh yeah thanks for linking the real one.

Added it to OP just in case...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:26:56 pm by fungee »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 07:25:20 pm »

Yeah wikias are pretty terrible.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »

I still don't understand what this is.  :P
Guess I'm not hip enough for you kids and your anime.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 09:15:45 pm »

I still don't understand what this is.  :P
Guess I'm not hip enough for you kids and your anime Japanese bullet-hell games.
Fixed.
In the meantime... My computer would probably self-destruct if I tried to play Touhou, and I'm at the low end of the 'knowledge-of-game/fanboy/girl level' scale, so... D:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:17:36 pm by Twi »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 12:10:45 am »

Even though you're my arch-nemesis in Soku
Fun and off topic fact: Patchouli did not actually play as Patchouli. Neither did Patchy. (this was like last July or so though)

Now back to the music: I found one song from that Kajiura Yuki-like album. I couldn't fond much else about it though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8