Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (How) can you worship gods?  (Read 4107 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: (How) can you worship gods?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 02:11:09 am »

I think it's "we are quite untroubled here" or something like that.

I once saw someone suggest turning off all historic events being revealed to allow you to talk to priests and learn about their god, but I'm not sure how that went. Plus it'd require a regen.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »

Ask about surroundings, if there are no megabeasts, move on to another town.  Make sure to carve his eyeballs out first though.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 04:55:52 pm »

I would help figure this out, but im addicted to MasterWorkDF and its not a adv friendly mod...

however, if it does not work like 40D im not sure, its possible gods exist even less now than in 40D and we'll have to wait for the religion rewrite.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 07:28:13 pm »

The local high priest, when I asked him for a quest, essentially laughed at me while calling me a pussy.

Never mind I was responsible for the death of dozens of nightcreatures, hundreds of bandits and soliders, and a few Lords, with +5 Legendary Wrestling, Fighting, and Axe skills. Apparently this isn't good enough. Needless to say I was a bit miffed and expressed it in a physical way on his temple.

The megabeast thing would make sense, though. Never found one in the latest builds mind, so oh well. Time to make a fortress just to get a way down!
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 07:54:57 pm »

-snip-

Pft, medieval pope doesn't care about how many things you've killed :P

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 08:17:10 pm »

Priests actually hold their quests at a higher standard than lords. makes a strange amount of sense...
Pages: 1 [2]