Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED

(1/85) > >>

Il Palazzo:
Round Seven-and-a-half begins in this thread on page 16

Round Seven kinda fizzled out after Deadmeatgate, so we're restarting the whole thing.

If somebody password-protects his/her pretender this time, I'll personally find out where you live and send you a whiny postcard that will make you feel really sorry! 

The current setup:
Number of players: 6
Turn time limit: 24h
Era: Late Age
Mod: CBM 1.92
Map: Realm of the Rampaging Roaches
Victory conditions: standard
Other options: hall of fame = 15; renaming allowed; independents' strength = 6;

Game page on llamaserver: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Bay12Round7andaHalf

Players:

Karlito - Mictlan, Blood and Rain
Robespierre - R'lyeh, Dreamlands
TempAcc - Ulm, Black Forest
Boksi - Patala, Reign of the Nagas
Lorak - Midgård, Age of Men
SimmuraMcCrea - Man, Towers of Chelms

The Independents issues:
Spoiler: Late Winter 01 (click to show/hide)Spoiler: Late Spring 03 (click to show/hide)edit: image lost
Previous rounds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

(Info spoilered for length)
Spoiler: What is Dominions 3? (click to show/hide)Dominions 3 is a (surprise!) third installment of a fantasy turn-based strategy games series.
It's main features are immense complexity, simultainous turn resolution, and myriads of customisation options.

The players assume roles of pretender gods, fighting to take up the throne of Pantokrator(or All-Ruler).

Each pretender god leads one of dozens different nation, based on various mythological concepts: there are Jotun giants and Vans from Norse myths, ape-like demons of Lanka, Hellenic Arcoscephale, merpeople of Atlantis, cthulhu myths-based Ry'leh, Hebrew Ashdod, and many more.

Pretenders are designed based on one of the preselected chassis, like the Manticore, a Dragon, lich, stone monolith, or titan. Their dominion's influence can be adjusted to create e.g.peaceful, warm and magical lands under their rule.

There is a very robust magic system, with literally hundreds of spells, ranging from in-battle lightening bolts to world altering doom bringers.

Every unit in the sometimes hundreds-strong armies has individual stats, including age, battle wounds and experience.

Commanders, mages, heroes, priests, magical beasts and pretender gods can be equipped with magical items and sent to battle personally, assasinate or seduce enemy commanders, spy and instigate unrest, cast supporting or combat spells, or left at home and work on improving magical knowledge, build fortifications, summon magic beings, raise undead, forge items, hunt for blood slaves, preach god's influence, patrol provinces, search for magic sites in the wild and more.

Battles are resolved automatically, according to the preselected orders for troop formations and commanders.
Here's a youtube video of a large-ish battle to pique your interest. Courtesy of Lorak.

All of you curious people can go and visit the website for more info. You'll notice that the price tag is seriously hefty, but as many of us players can attest, the game is well worth it.
Spoiler: How does MP work? (click to show/hide)First of all, you need to download the map and the CBM 1.92 mod(links above), and put the files into the map and mod folders of your dom3 installation respectively. Then go to the options menu and enable the mod. Next use the pretender creation tool in the game tools menu to create a pretender and send the file(to be found in your /dominions3/savedgames/newlords; named <your_nation_era_number.2h>, where number is most likely "0" if it's the only pretender you've created so far for this nation.) to "pretenders [at ] llamaserver [dot ] net" with the game name as the subject.
Game name is "Bay12Round7andaHalf".

You'll be recieiving .trn files from llama server, which you shoud put into a {dom3dir}/savedgames/{whatevernameyouwant}/
After finishing your moves, a new .2h file will appear in that folder, which you should send to the same address from which you've recieved your .trn file.

Regarding the rules of conduct:
- no exploits please. Examples of exploits are siegeing a fort infinitely with a string of scouts; sending other players crap items to fill their magic item pool and make them waste gems; anything else you can think of that doesn't feel like it was meant to be a feature. If not sure, ask.
- trade agreements are sacred. Once you decided to exchange some gems/items/gold, you MUST fulfill your side of the agreement.
- no constrains on diplomacy. You can attack anyone you want, with or without warning. It would be, however, in good taste not to rush another player at the very begining of the game. We're all trying to have a good time playing this.
- use forum PMs for diplomacy. The in-game messaging system is seriously flawed(unacceptably slow, and parts of messages tend to dissapear)
- if you want to boast/moan about your progress(or lack thereof) in game, feel free to use this thread to post your screenshots, stories and whatnot.

Useful links:
The wiki, with loads of useful information, including strategy guides. Keep in mind that as a unit/spell/item reference it is in many ways not compatibile with the mod we're using.

Llama Server, which is the automatic hosting server for our game.
Llama Server's map and mod browser

Karlito:
I've been itching to get some Dominions 3 multiplayer going, and there are never enough open games on the Shrapnel forums, especially for a MP n00b like me. So yeah, I'm down for this, and should be good for a turn/day at least until the end of May when the summer term starts (not too sure of my plans then).

My first preference would be Late Age Mictlan.

Robespierre:
Hi.
Count me in. I prefer LA R'lyeh.

Bluerobin:
Hooo... wow. That sounds like a good setup, I'm just not sure about my ability to do a turn a day. I'll think about it though and I'll look into the LA civs to get myself back in the Dom3 mindset. If you end up needing one more player and I'm not around, give me a PM.

Bluerobin:
Would the game be vanilla or one of the CBMs?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version