Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 52939 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Interest check.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:54 pm »

Found my key, going to install and update dom 3 to 3.27 later today. I'm def in if there's still spots left. I'll decide my nation once I know which age we're playing on.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 12:43:51 pm »

Such as; BIG BATTLE IN SHTTURD PROVINCE, THE GOD BLUEROBIN GOT TOTALLY MASHED BY A MIDGET
Now I'm scared that's forecasting what happens. If I end up having an awake SC pretender that dies on turn 1 trying to take a province I'm blaming you.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 12:54:29 pm »

Such as; BIG BATTLE IN SHTTURD PROVINCE, THE GOD BLUEROBIN GOT TOTALLY MASHED BY A MIDGET
Now I'm scared that's forecasting what happens. If I end up having an awake SC pretender that dies on turn 1 trying to take a province I'm blaming you.

That is why you fear divination

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 01:55:55 pm »

I'll decide my nation once I know which age we're playing on.
It's seems to be Late Age.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 02:02:29 pm »

Then I might go crazy and play LA Atlantis :P, not an entirely powerful nation but one with its own fun quirks. Maybe late age c'tis or ulm, though the blood magic price changes might keep me away from blood magic nations, and I never figured out how to use sabbath master~slave properly, soooo.
But yea, LA atlantis will be my thing.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:09:27 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven(FULL) - Setup
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 02:34:44 pm »

O.K. I've put some info regarding the whole multiplayer procedure in the first post, as well as some links to useful sites.

Now, before I put the game on the llamaserver, we need to agree on a map and any additional options we might want to use.

The map shouldn't be larger than 15 provinces per player(so ~90ish here). Due to the nations chosen, it should also include some water provinces.

Other options to consider:
-what victory conditions will we use, if any?
-any changes to the default research/income/site frequency?

Oh, and I think I'll try my luck with Patala.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »

I want to play this. As LA Patala, if Il Palazzo doesn't mind. And I've never played multiplayer before.

Is this crazy? Y/Y

Don't worry though, I've got some idea of how to play this. Sticks and stones will definitely break your bones when there's hundreds of them being hurled at you by magically-boosted monkeys and you're not wearing any armor. And if I fail horribly, hey, it'll be a learning experience. I definitely have the time, at least.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 02:41:59 pm »

Hmm, now that I know I'm not Atlantis, I vote for a map that has no water whatsoever so I don't have to worry as much about R'lyeh. <_< >_>

Do we want one with fixed starts so people are well spaced out? Aran doesn't have fixed starts, but maybe anyway? Although 11 water provinces might not be enough and it has almost 20 provinces per player... Bah, I'm so out of the Dom3 loop.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 02:50:52 pm »

Psh, I haven't played in months, and I only played a few joke multiplayer games with a few players, so I'm pretty out of the loop as well :P

Are we going for a wraparound map? I've noticed that despite having large provinces they usualy feel small, but non wraparound maps tend  to put players who start in the middle of the map in disvantage compared to players who start on the edges and thus have less borders to worry about overall.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 02:59:02 pm »

Yeah as much as I hate the feeling of always being surrounded in a wraparound map, it's much more fair than being the player(s) who start in the middle of a non-wraparound one. I can't seem to find many (on the llamaserver map list at least) that are fewer than about 110-120 provinces that have room for underwater nations, though. I guess we could always gen one?

Edit: Streamlands might be good. I'm not sure if it has independents, though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:11:57 pm by Bluerobin »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 03:12:51 pm »

I want to play this. As LA Patala, if Il Palazzo doesn't mind. And I've never played multiplayer before.

Is this crazy? Y/Y
Well, actually, Palazzo is against. Sorry. I'm rather adamant this time about keeping the six player limit, so that I may see how it works with regard to keeping the game afloat.
Normally I wouldn't mind stepping down in your favour, but I've been meaning to play a proper game against Robespierre for some time now, so... not this time.

Re: the map.
This one looks nice:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Download link
It's a wraparound with 93 land + 10 sea provinces. I'm not sure if it's enough water, seeing how we've got R'lyeh and two land nations with amphibious capability. Might get crowded in there fast. You guys would have to decide.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 03:16:02 pm »

Oh good, you know who Robespierre is. For a little bit I was afraid we has some random Lunatic joining in. :P

And yeah, that's the same map I ended up finding. I had the same concerns as you, plus the "unsure about independents" one.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 03:20:21 pm »

I'll just play some single player then...

forever alone...
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 03:22:15 pm »

map looks good, lol poor boksi, i'm renaming one of my giants to Boksi in compensation  :P

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 03:24:28 pm »

Haha I might name something after Boksi too... we could track the progress of our Boksis. :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29