Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 53007 times)

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven(FULL) - Setup
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 03:28:34 pm »

I'm new in MP games but Parganos (116 + 19 sea provinces) looks fine for me.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 03:34:44 pm »

map looks good, lol poor boksi, i'm renaming one of my giants to Boksi in compensation  :P
Haha I might name something after Boksi too... we could track the progress of our Boksis. :P
I look forward to tales of my glorious exploits.

Or dying ingloriously to a stray arrow in my first battle, that'd be fine too.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »

Parganos is more than 20 provinces each which is a bit high in general, but I'm a fan of bigger maps so I'd be good with that.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »

Parganos... that's not a wraparound, is it? Also kinda on the large side. But I'd be willing to agree, if others do too.

There's always Bering, I guess:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Although 21 sea provinces might be too generous for some.

I'll make a poll for everybody to voice their opinios. You'll get as many votes as there are maps to chose from, and the first one that gets six votes wins.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »

The Desert Eye is wraparound and slightly smaller than Paraganos. It's still on the large side, but probably the better choice of the two.

EDIT: I'll post other wraparound maps as I find them.

Mines and Farms (105 land + 16 sea)

Land of Ethereal Squirrels (103 land + 13 sea)

Realm of Rampaging Roaches (78 land + 10 sea)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:03:44 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 03:54:39 pm »

I like the desert eye, but I'm going with streamlands since it seems to be the most balanced. Bering might give r'lyeh and myself a very strong headstart, and a strong r'lyeh usualy means midgame trouble for everyone else.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »

I've added Desert Eye to the poll, but can't make it accept more than three votes per person. You should be able to change your votes if needed, though.(or maybe you can't. I'm new to this poll thing)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:57:48 pm by Il Palazzo »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 04:01:49 pm »

Oh and Desert Eye is wraparound as far as I know.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 04:06:28 pm »

Realm of Rampaging Roaches (see my post above) is wraparound, similar to Streamlands in appearance, and has fewer land provinces, so that might be the most suitable so far.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 04:08:35 pm »

Huh. I saw that earlier and wrote it off for some reason. I really like it now, though.

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 04:14:21 pm »

I like The Desert Eye and Parganos but as I said I'm not experienced in MP so I will accept your choice.
I'm not sure if there is not too many sea provinces...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 04:23:32 pm »

Eh, I took the poll down. It didn't work too well seeing how new map propositions still appear.

I like Realm of Roaches too. Its size is just about right, it has chokepoints and looks fairly balanced. Are there any objections to this one?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 04:27:24 pm »

I think it should work pretty well. There are only 10 sea provinces, but that should be enough for a solid amount of R'lyeh and staging grounds for Atlantis/Mictlan (I'm assuming those are the two other nations with underwater possibilities that you mentioned Il Palazzo... if not, let me know because then I need to do some reading :P). The number of choke points/mountains/peninsulas should give some nice relatively safe areas/strategic points and make for some good places for R'lyeh to get onto land. It gets my vote. :)

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 04:31:06 pm »

Ok for me.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 04:40:30 pm »

Roaches gets my vote as well.

I have to say, I like the selection of Nations we've got going on. I haven't quite figured out how everyone else fits in to the grudge match between the exiled kings of Atlantis and R'yleh, but I'll work it out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29