Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 52701 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED
« on: March 04, 2012, 11:04:36 am »

Round Seven-and-a-half begins in this thread on page 16

Round Seven kinda fizzled out after Deadmeatgate, so we're restarting the whole thing.

If somebody password-protects his/her pretender this time, I'll personally find out where you live and send you a whiny postcard that will make you feel really sorry! 

The current setup:
Number of players: 6
Turn time limit: 24h
Era: Late Age
Mod: CBM 1.92
Map: Realm of the Rampaging Roaches
Victory conditions: standard
Other options: hall of fame = 15; renaming allowed; independents' strength = 6;

Game page on llamaserver: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Bay12Round7andaHalf

Players:

Karlito - Mictlan, Blood and Rain
Robespierre - R'lyeh, Dreamlands
TempAcc - Ulm, Black Forest
Boksi - Patala, Reign of the Nagas
Lorak - Midgård, Age of Men
SimmuraMcCrea - Man, Towers of Chelms

The Independents issues:
Spoiler: Late Winter 01 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Late Spring 03 (click to show/hide)

Previous rounds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

(Info spoilered for length)
Spoiler: What is Dominions 3? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How does MP work? (click to show/hide)

Useful links:
The wiki, with loads of useful information, including strategy guides. Keep in mind that as a unit/spell/item reference it is in many ways not compatibile with the mod we're using.

Llama Server, which is the automatic hosting server for our game.
Llama Server's map and mod browser
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:04:45 pm by Il Palazzo »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Interest check.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 01:13:23 pm »

I've been itching to get some Dominions 3 multiplayer going, and there are never enough open games on the Shrapnel forums, especially for a MP n00b like me. So yeah, I'm down for this, and should be good for a turn/day at least until the end of May when the summer term starts (not too sure of my plans then).

My first preference would be Late Age Mictlan.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:15:10 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:22:56 pm »

Hi.
Count me in. I prefer LA R'lyeh.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 03:30:08 pm »

Hooo... wow. That sounds like a good setup, I'm just not sure about my ability to do a turn a day. I'll think about it though and I'll look into the LA civs to get myself back in the Dom3 mindset. If you end up needing one more player and I'm not around, give me a PM.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 04:00:49 pm »

Would the game be vanilla or one of the CBMs?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:14:23 pm »

Definitely CBM. The latest version is 1.92 available from here.
There's a lot of rebalancing in this one. Some new spells and related summons have been added, items have been tweaked(there's a new forging reference included in the files) and some nations play very differently now. I've only seen a bit of the changes, but I liked what I saw. If nothing else, it'll breathe some new life into the game.

ed:typo
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:06:35 pm by Il Palazzo »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:17:25 pm »

I love dominions 3 but never really had many oportunies to play it with other people, which is sad since this game has tons of fun potential in multiplayer. Count me in if i can find my key again :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 09:44:52 pm »

Def count me in!

Utgard for me!
LA is fine.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:53:18 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:57:40 pm »

Hahahahahahaha oh man... I wanted to look and see what the differences were between CBM 1.92 and vanilla were (expecting a very large list, but willing to at least skim through it) and got this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And... oh sh- it's actually readable! Ok, so the reason I laughed was because it looks like this in notepad:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm going to leave the readable version in the spoiler here because that way it's in a format I can read. :P

But yeah, I'm thinking I might be up for joining in. Going to make really sure before I commit because I don't want to be the one to leave, but I THINK I'll be able to join. (dibs on LA Atlantis)

Edit: Oh so, I realized I meant to ask if there was a comprehensive list of CBM changes anywhere. The list above is just the changes from 1.8x to 1.9 as far as I can tell, does anyone have a full list? I know there are big things like the dwarven hammer and gem gens being unique.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:06:16 pm by Bluerobin »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 09:44:02 am »

Quote from: Bluerobin
Oh so, I realized I meant to ask if there was a comprehensive list of CBM changes anywhere. The list above is just the changes from 1.8x to 1.9 as far as I can tell, does anyone have a full list? I know there are big things like the dwarven hammer and gem gens being unique.
Unfortunately, it appears that you'd have to find each of the previous mods and check their changelogs.
At least I couldn't find any comprehensive list out there.
Myself, I'm fine with getting somewhat surprised from time to time.

Also, @Bluerobin and @TempAcc: keep in mind that we only need 2 more players, and should anybody else show up before you make up your mind, I'll give the spots to them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 09:52:07 am »

I'll be looking forward to this.

Everytime I watch a Letsplay of this game (I know this isn't a Letsplay, but I assume I'll see updates) it tends to fall appart in the end as people start leaving on mass.

Wish I could play too (I even know what faction I'd chose) even if I know I'll just be uttarly destroyed.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:35 am »

Ok, I'm going to jump on this. Either Bogarus or Atlantis, depending on what we end up needing. Leaning more towards Bogarus at this point... Yup, choosing Bogarus!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:34:28 am by Bluerobin »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 11:16:08 am »

Any plans for someone(s) making a sort of LP/AAR fare as the game progresses? Game itself seems interesting enough and the multiplayer aspect adds to that.

I don't own D3 so obviously not participating.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 11:29:13 am »

I kind of want to, but I'm not really sure about the best way to go about it. There are a lot of things to consider, from what kind of delay to put on AAR updates to how unfair it is to only have one person's perspective shown. Ideally I think we'd have an LP god descend upon us, send them our turns, have them go through them and release a delayed AAR of the game as a whole with world map updates like that one thread on somethingawful that was great until I couldn't access it anymore.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:58 am »

I'm thinking maybe we could include some sort of news reels.

Such as; BIG BATTLE IN SHTTURD PROVINCE, THE GOD BLUEROBIN GOT TOTALLY MASHED BY A MIDGET

At the very least.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29