Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: how do i fortress? (random questions and answers)  (Read 7429 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
how do i fortress? (random questions and answers)
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:26:31 pm »

started this so people can post random questions they would like answered, i have one myself too.

how do i go about draining a pond without just digging the side out or pumping it out?

i've already started digging out a place for the water to go when i do get to draining it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:19:42 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how do i... (random fortress question thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »

Set it as a water source and send in the bucket brigade. But i believe they will stop at 5/7 or 4/7.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 02:30:42 pm »

You won't drain it completely without draining it. The only way to completely empty a murky pool without actively draining it is to embark in a hot or scorching climate.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:32:24 pm »

ah its not a murky pool, i know those refill, i'm wanting to drain my well cus i accedently filled it without removing the stairs in the middle of it first and its not working as a water source, well least not for the well bit of it, i'll try gzoker's method, thanx for the help guys feel free to post any questions you have yourself.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 06:40:56 pm »

got another one, how do i butcher a captured animal i can not tame?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 06:46:17 pm »

Get it out of it's cage, kill it via military or traps, wait for auto butcher jobs.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 07:18:51 pm »

Get it out of it's cage, kill it via military or traps, wait for auto butcher jobs.

aw too bad, was really hoping i could just kill it in the cage or drag the whole cage to the butcher shop and kill it there, should definitely be added

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »

aw too bad, was really hoping i could just kill it in the cage or drag the whole cage to the butcher shop and kill it there, should definitely be added

You can't kill Schrodinger's cat man.

Unless...

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 07:36:24 pm »

Unless...

Schrodinger had a cat man? hope he is friendly and isn't a blowgunner.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 07:40:00 pm »

Unless...

A Schrodinger's cat man?

Well that would certainly be odd.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:40 pm »

Unless...

A Schrodinger's cat man?

Well that would certainly be sexy.
Ftfy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how do i fortress? (random questions and answers)
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »

I have a few questions!

If you run a fortress for over a dwarf's maximum life span (Say 200 years) will all humans and dwarves instantly die of old age when they enter your map (As traders or migrants)? On a similar note, will you be sieged by historical figures if you start a war with humans?

Also, if you become the mountainhome and a monarch migrates to your fortress and dies there, but has an extended family in world gen (grown children that didn't migrate), will kingship pass to the next eligible family member? If it does, will that person show up at some point?

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:46 pm »

On a similar note, will you be sieged by historical figures if you start a war with humans?

According to my unit list, the general of the last human siege was a "Human Wood Burner". So i think that means yes, or at least yes for the squad leaders perhaps.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 08:29:02 pm »

I have a few questions!

If you run a fortress for over a dwarf's maximum life span (Say 200 years) will all humans and dwarves instantly die of old age when they enter your map (As traders or migrants)? On a similar note, will you be sieged by historical figures if you start a war with humans?

Also, if you become the mountainhome and a monarch migrates to your fortress and dies there, but has an extended family in world gen (grown children that didn't migrate), will kingship pass to the next eligible family member? If it does, will that person show up at some point?

no i dont think they will all just die even if you have had your fort that long, more are born just like the dwarfs and they replace the old, least i'm pretty sure they are and do.
not sure about the king/queen passing on to the next eligible family member or not and if it does i'm sure they will arrive in the next or next's next migrant wave.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 11:13:27 pm »

Unless...

A Schrodinger's cat man?

Well that would certainly be sexy.
Ftfy.
He kept him in the closet and didn't want anyone to see him. He was afraid people would think it was all strange and shocking.
Pages: [1] 2