Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: It's raining cloroform!  (Read 16687 times)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
It's raining cloroform!
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:50:34 pm »

So I tried once agian to see if I could survive in an evil area, and I was just getting started when I got the message "It's raining repellent slush!" and so just as I was beggining to wonder what this new weather would do, I got 10 cancelation messages. What they were trying to do was clean themselves, their reason for not doing it was unconciousness.

So basically I'm in an evil area where it rains cloroform constantly and my dwarves will never be awake agian, and the land is made out of tendrills and eyeballs so I get the feeling that this entire landscape must be lauging at me. Any suggestions as to how to cope with this problem? I've been thinking of ways of keeping migrants out of the slush, but so far I've come up with nothing reliable.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
Re: It's raining cloroform!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:57:33 pm »

So I tried once agian to see if I could survive in an evil area, and I was just getting started when I got the message "It's raining repellent slush!" and so just as I was beggining to wonder what this new weather would do, I got 10 cancelation messages. What they were trying to do was clean themselves, their reason for not doing it was unconciousness.

So basically I'm in an evil area where it rains cloroform constantly and my dwarves will never be awake agian, and the land is made out of tendrills and eyeballs so I get the feeling that this entire landscape must be lauging at me. Any suggestions as to how to cope with this problem? I've been thinking of ways of keeping migrants out of the slush, but so far I've come up with nothing reliable.

I see where this is going...
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 10:00:55 pm »

I've seen enough...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 10:09:32 pm »

It rains chloroform? Oh gawd... This is highlarious.

arphen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 10:15:18 pm »

I've seen enough...
this

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 10:17:51 pm »

The children will certainly be easier to kidnap...

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:00 pm »

Given that kidnappers aren't immediately rendered unconcious by the rain themselves. Which means they prolly won't be stealthed.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:29 pm »

Any suggestions as to how to cope with this problem?

Abandon the fort? Wait for everyone to die?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:44:17 pm »

Place bets on who will die first/last.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 10:51:58 pm »

I've seen enough...
this
Yep
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 12:45:09 am »

I've seen enough...
this
Yep
*facepalm*
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 12:59:22 am »

Abandon, then reclaim. Dig in fast. You may be able to build roofs to keep the rain off new migrants and caravans on their way in, but only if you can build them in between rains...

If you're very lucky, you may get your first migrant wave before your current set of dwarves die.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 02:05:15 am »

At least no siege can touch you. They'll all be drugged with rohypnol on your map's edge.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 02:34:31 am »

>cloroform
>the land is made out of tendrills

Oh my.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 03:10:14 am »

Just leave everyone to sleep 100 years until the prince arrives at your palace to kiss the princes and free you from this curse.
You did remember to embark with your sleeping beauty right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4