Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: It's raining cloroform!  (Read 16708 times)

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
Re: It's raining cloroform!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 03:47:03 am »

>cloroform
>the land is made out of tendrills

Oh my.

"The fields of tentacle rape"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 04:02:35 pm »

>cloroform
>the land is made out of tendrills

Oh my.

"The fields of tentacle rape"

So that's why the Goblins called it...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 04:07:03 pm »

Keep them from cleaning themselves, as long as they're covered in it they can't be poisoned a second time. Get them inside as fast as possible, abandon anything you haven't already gotten underground it belongs to the tentacles now.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

Nonsense.  He just has to wait for a vampire to migrate.

Being sleep immune, he can be used to airlock all the lost goodies.

Further, the combination of sleepytime rain, nosleepy vampire, and sapient sleepy time invaders means that the vampire will have plenty to eat, is perfectly weaponized, and serves a valuable role in dwarven society collecting all the goblinite.

Furter, hei could be comissoned to extend the aboveground portions of the fortress with airlocked building supplies.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 06:26:55 pm »

Further, the combination of sleepytime rain, nosleepy vampire, and sapient sleepy time invaders means that the vampire will have plenty to eat, is perfectly weaponized, and serves a valuable role in dwarven society collecting all the goblinite.

Furter, hei could be comissoned to extend the aboveground portions of the fortress with airlocked building supplies.
There are three possibilities. The syndrome is excruciating pain and it's causing them to pass out wake up and pass out again, the syndrome is drowsiness and they get so exhausted they fall over where they stand, or the syndrome is just unconcniousness. Vampires should be immune to the first two but not sure i don't know if they are just unable to be knocked out.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 07:16:11 pm »

Only one way to find out...... :)

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 08:55:47 pm »

There are three possibilities. The syndrome is excruciating pain and it's causing them to pass out wake up and pass out again, the syndrome is drowsiness and they get so exhausted they fall over where they stand, or the syndrome is just unconcniousness. Vampires should be immune to the first two but not sure i don't know if they are just unable to be knocked out.
Vampire immune to side-effect of getting hammered in the face?

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 09:16:53 pm »

So I tried once agian to see if I could survive in an evil area, and I was just getting started when I got the message "It's raining repellent slush!" and so just as I was beggining to wonder what this new weather would do, I got 10 cancelation messages. What they were trying to do was clean themselves, their reason for not doing it was unconciousness.

So basically I'm in an evil area where it rains cloroform constantly and my dwarves will never be awake agian, and the land is made out of tendrills and eyeballs so I get the feeling that this entire landscape must be lauging at me. Any suggestions as to how to cope with this problem? I've been thinking of ways of keeping migrants out of the slush, but so far I've come up with nothing reliable.

I see where this is going...
I've seen enough...
this

Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 09:38:57 pm »

This is the rain effect in my biome:

Stage 1: Woah, this weird yellow goo is making me dizzy. Cool.
Stage 2: Ah, crap, I think those forgotten beast biscuits aren't keeping down so well. *Explosvie vomit*
Stage 3: SHIT SHIT, PAIN FUCKIN EVERYWHERE!
Stage 4: Unconciousness

Works pretty well against goblins.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 10:02:19 pm »

I just abandoned the old fort and now I think that it's funny that even though the fortress has the not so fitting name of "Longclock" or "Romekoslan", the temperate freshwater marsh's name which has all thes horrible features is called "The Swamp of Seduction".

Also I think that this land is probably ruled over by Gasin the Shore of Washing, the local octopus god.

My only question is that, scince my world is pocket size and I can't find a vampire in legends, can I still get a vampire to migrate in eventually?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 10:25:52 pm »

So I tried once agian to see if I could survive in an evil area, and I was just getting started when I got the message "It's raining repellent slush!" and so just as I was beggining to wonder what this new weather would do, I got 10 cancelation messages. What they were trying to do was clean themselves, their reason for not doing it was unconciousness.

So basically I'm in an evil area where it rains cloroform constantly and my dwarves will never be awake agian, and the land is made out of tendrills and eyeballs so I get the feeling that this entire landscape must be lauging at me. Any suggestions as to how to cope with this problem? I've been thinking of ways of keeping migrants out of the slush, but so far I've come up with nothing reliable.

I see where this is going...
I've seen enough...
this

A corpse is fine too. >:D
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 10:58:31 am »

This is a whole new take on "does this smell like cloroform to you"
If Toady implements it, we can kill elves with it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:28 pm »

At least your enemies will all be chloroformed too.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 10:37:03 pm »

I guess if you got any vampires it'd be like a hermit fort until they can get a massive umbrella over the whole map. Would be an interesting fort idea.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 11:59:41 pm »

Megaproject idea: Build a giant rag.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4