Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Episode I: The Unsung Heroes (Bay 12 Star Wars RPG)  (Read 27389 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Episode I: The Unsung Heroes (Bay 12 Star Wars RPG)
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:38:16 pm »

Bay 12 Star Wars RPG

Introduction

Welcome to the Bay 12 Star Wars RPG using the Revised d20 rules.  Here, an ongoing Star Wars campaign set in the Rebellion time line of the Star Wars galaxy is played and read!  If you're familiar with Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition rules, you'll be able to follow along and understand the rules used here quite easily.  If you're looking to join, just post in the thread and you'll be added to the party as soon as possible (if there's room), or to the replacement queue (if there isn't).  If you're just looking to read the adventures, follow the table of contents below to novelized summaries of the action from each game session.

Table of Contents
Episode I: The Unsung Heroes
Pre-Campaign Introduction
Session 1: Hasty Retreat

Character Generation!
Here's how to make your character!
  • Think up your backstory, what kind of character you want to play and any goals or dreams or ambitions you have or would like to see in the course of the game.  They can be as small or as large as you like; whatever you decide helps me create a story for your character.  PM it to me.
  • Get the rule book; if you don't have one, PM me and I'll get you a copy of the .pdf file.
  • You have two options for generating your stats: using the Planned Generation method in chapter 1 of the rulebook, or letting me (the GM) random roll 6 numbers for you using 4d6 (dropping the lowest number each time).  Planned Generation gives you complete control over your numbers, but makes it harder to have a lot of high stats.  Random rolls I do for you makes it possible to have some incredible starting numbers, but you risk having worse average stats than the rest of the party (just as you risk getting better ones too).  If I random roll stats for your character and end up with no stat higher than a 14 or your total bonuses are less than +1, you will get rerollled.
  • Pick a race.  Ewoks are not allowed by default, and be cautious when playing an alien; in the Rebellion era non-humans face discrimination or even slavery.
  • Pick a class.  See House Rules, below, for restrictions to playing a Jedi or Force Adept class.
  • Pick your skills and feats.
  • Generate your character's starting wealth, and purchase goods and equipment for your character!  Please write down EVERYTHING you purchase, and be aware that for the most part, if you don't buy it, you don't have it on your person.  Don't assume you own anything for free, it might come back to haunt you later.
  • If you have any questions about whether a certain feature, skill, feat, class, race, item, or so on would be allowed. just PM me to ask.  We'll discuss what you want and why, and if it fits I'll allow it (though it may be balanced out in some form depending on what you want).  I will try to be as accommodating as possible.
  • Email me your character sheet and we're ready to go!

Current Player List
  • Dwarmin
  • SeriousConcentrate
  • Gatleos
  • Taricus
  • Yoink
  • LordBucket
  • Scriver

One more slot left!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:37:44 pm by Urist_McArathos »
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Star Wars RPG (gauging interest!)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:39:26 pm »

... did you read the RTD Roller's Block thread?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 03:40:58 pm »

No...I haven't run a RTD or played in one before.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:43:17 pm »

A RPG with the pre-existing Star Wars d20 system and a RtD could both co-exist, I think.

Anyway, posting to watch. Might even join!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:14:32 pm »

Depends.

Is Ventrilo/teamspeak absolutely necessary for this? My computer doesn't have all the parts for that...though it's more laziness on my part...

If we do it just in chat form, I could probably play the whole session, missing an hour if we play longer than four hours.

If not, I probably wouldn't want to burden the game with my no talking self.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:18:25 pm »

Not absolutely so, but it's an option I'd like if people feel they're too slow at typing.
On the Nature of Dwarves

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:30:12 pm »

I'm considering joining this (Monday at 5:30 PM CST I have a class, so I can play anytime before then or after 9:15 PM), but I have no book and no mic. ^^^; What version of MapTools would we need?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 07:25:21 pm »

Oh man, this sounds like fun. Not yet sure if I can join, but I might have to finally watch all the Star Wars movies anyway... [/heresy]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:27:57 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 07:25:40 pm »

I'd join this, but I don't get to use maptools D':

I'm posting to tell you I was interested. Just not able.  :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 03:03:30 am »

Sky is such a heart breaker.  :-\

@Urist: Depending on what happens, you might need to consider adjusting the game time. I'm not sure how many people can play that early.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 03:36:34 am »

A Star Wars RPG?
I would love to join, but my Mondays are booked from sunup to sundown D:

Have fun, everyone!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 06:13:07 am »

Unfortunately, that's the only day and time I have that's reliably open and free.  I'm just casting a net and hoping to find a handful of people across the world with a similar interest and schedule.  It's a long shot, but I don't know a better way to do it.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 06:42:59 am »

Ah, understood. I'd definitely cast the net over other forums as well. Mythweavers is a good shot, I would believe.

And, if the maybes from Gatleos and Yoink turn into yes's, we will have have enough people to begin. Even three players would be a good start.

I'm already starting on ideas for my char, sort of. Though my limit to race seems to be more having difficulty finding good pog images...

You'd think there would be more good SW fan art out there.

Edit: And for anyone watching the thread, I've looked over the system and it's remarkably similar to D&D 3.5. Very easy to learn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 07:06:13 am »

I've thought about it myself (I don't have the book like I said so I'm just limited to concepts) but my current idea is a Human of whichever faction we're not maining (preferably Imperial spy in the Rebel faction, although I'd go the other way too) with an Engineer-type set-up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 07:18:46 am »

Sadly, this game will start at 2am for me and end about ~7am D: damn time-zones.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:40:38 am by Reelya »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20