Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Please help me find my mistake. Gobs or Kobolds never attack (Rather Long)  (Read 2042 times)

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I been playing over and over again for quite some time now, I had changed some stuff in the enity file as well as the plant files and armor files, not really remodding just things I think should be.

The bad guys never try to steal, ambush or anything!  so I reloaded DF(42.06) into a new folder and played that, low and behold, they attack.

Please look through my enity file and tell me what I did wrong.  (also I use 42.06 as I cannot get Dwarf therapist going in 43.05)

https://volafile.org/r/c5gzbw88

that is a hosting site, no login just click on enity_default.txt to see it

Thankyou for your help

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile

Armor and plants should not effect the entity files. So I doubt that is the issue. Feel free to copy just the [ENTITY:EVIL] text in it's entirety onto the forums and if you're feeling polite put it in a spoiler. I'm rather hesitant to download an entire file, cybersecurity and all that :P Without seeing these files, it is difficult to troubleshoot, but here's the first things that come to mind.

1. Make sure your entity has these tags
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:#]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:#]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:#]

2. Make sure [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:#] does not equal zero. Zero disables the trigger.

Wiki Link for more info

Otherwise, another place to look would be the Error Log. Delete "errorlog.txt" from your dwarf fortress file, launch Dwarf Fortress in arena mode, and if a new errorlog.txt is created, copy and paste that onto a post. If no error log is created then we will have to look elsewhere.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

for evil goblins

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

for skulking kobolds

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok, so I looked in the files, and for the

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:#]  3
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:#] 0
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:#]  0

it was 3, 0, 0.  but when I looked at the default(IE Unaltered data file) they had the same numbers.

so I deleted errorlog.txt and then ran object testing arena and here is what was in the new errorlog.txt

Unrecognized Announcement Token: TRAVEL_ADVISORY

thank you for helping me.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile

Alright thanks for posting the RAWs. Here's some insight on those numbers from the Wiki
1 corresponds to 20 dwarves, 2 to 50 dwarves, 3 to 80, 4 to 110, and 5 to 140. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted...

Try reducing the POP_SEIGE to a lower number and see if they attack sooner.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright thanks for posting the RAWs. Here's some insight on those numbers from the Wiki
1 corresponds to 20 dwarves, 2 to 50 dwarves, 3 to 80, 4 to 110, and 5 to 140. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted...

Try reducing the POP_SEIGE to a lower number and see if they attack sooner.

Thank you!!!

thank you all for the help!

any chance you could also post the wiki link as well?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile

Here's the link to the list of tokens used in DF it will probably be your best friend.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Token

To see the tokens used for Entities just select "entity tokens" from the list. Glad to help!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!