Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 122743 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Primal vampires: When regular master vamps arnt cutting it in world gen.  :D

Could be like a warhammer Vargulfs: Large, primal vampires who have degenerated into a sort of blood-hunger. Large, increadably fast, and with a brutal set of claws and teeth. Is usualy transformed in the shape of a bat-humanoid thingi. Rages, regenerates like crazy, and it has bat wings. So it can fly. This is why you fear the night folks.
Exactlyy what I was thinking, though I was going to call them ancient vampires.

That would kind of be impling that they have lived longer than the other vamps. "Primal" creates a mental image of a brutal, hunched figure, fast and horrible. It is too a vampire what a dragon is to a gecko. A relic that is best laid to rest vi a Iron Longsword to the head.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Could be like a warhammer Vargulfs: Large, primal vampires who have degenerated into a sort of blood-hunger. Large, increadably fast, and with a brutal set of claws and teeth. Is usualy transformed in the shape of a bat-humanoid thingi. Rages, regenerates like crazy, and it has bat wings. So it can fly. This is why you fear the night folks.

That would kind of be impling that they have lived longer than the other vamps. "Primal" creates a mental image of a brutal, hunched figure, fast and horrible. It is too a vampire what a dragon is to a gecko. A relic that is best laid to rest vi a Iron Longsword to the head.
Since they'd be megabeasts, they'd be created at worldgen. So they would be older than everything else.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Since they'd be megabeasts, they'd be created at worldgen. So they would be older than everything else.

...... Okay, you win. After all, your the one making them. :P Good luck, cannot wait to see how long I can last with the Megabeast running around.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

...... Okay, you win. After all, your the one making them. :P Good luck, cannot wait to see how long I can last with the Megabeast running around.
Working on them right now, just need to get their exoskeletal layers working properly, tweak the tags a bit, and I'll have them running about and ending civilization in no time.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sorry for the late answer, but 33600 ticks/time units is one month in fortress mode.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Sorry for the late answer, but 33600 ticks/time units is one month in fortress mode.
Yeah, I just want to know if the interaction/syndrome ticks are in fort time or adventure time. I could make the wounded transformation last an ingame week or so, I just want to know what units I have to put it in.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It should be like this:
33600 ticks/time units is one month in fortress mode.
33600/72 ticks/time units is one month in adventure mode.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

It should be like this:
33600 ticks/time units is one month in fortress mode.
33600/72 ticks/time units is one month in adventure mode.
Ok, it's probably in fort mode ticks then. Or maybe it switches, I don't know, I'll up it for the next release anyhow.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile

Very nice. Got torn to pieces by a master. Good times.
Indeed.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Very nice. Got torn to pieces by a master. Good times.
Glad you liked it. May I suggest trying to become a lesser vampire? Don't let the name fool you, they're far from weak. It just might give you the edge you need to win a fight with a master, though you can't steal his power after, which kinda sucks. If I could make the curses curable, I would.

Or, alternatively, become a Werebear and just throw the troublesome bloodsucker into a wall and watch him explode. If you can keep him in one spot long enough XD
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile

Peasantstorm fixes everything.
Indeed.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If only they could be added directly so that Rensfield could remain a dwarf, but the only way to do it now would be to change him into a creature that already has the tags.

Also very cool megabeast,  I'll have fun pitting him against Cell in the arena.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Peasantstorm fixes everything.
Not my new megabeast, hehehehheheh, those peasants will learn to fly on the end of his fist.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Not sure what that is, but I might be able to manage something, can you provide more details?
      they can root around and stir up vermin using ROOT_AROUND
         [ROOT_AROUND:BY_CATEGORY:BILL:root around in:roots around in]
      they can be made to eat vermin using GOBBLE_VERMIN_CREATURE and GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS
         [GOBBLE_VERMIN_CREATURE:<creature>:<caste>] where <caste> can be ALL
         [GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS:<class>] where class is a CREATURE_CLASS like the new EDIBLE_GROUND_BUG[/spoiler]
If only they could be added directly so that Rensfield could remain a dwarf, but the only way to do it now would be to change him into a creature that already has the tags.

Also very cool megabeast,  I'll have fun pitting him against Cell in the arena.
I mean I don't know what a Renfield is :P, but it sounds interesting enough.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:06:00 am by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Question, in your mod, once you've been infected with 'lesser vampire cooties', are you still eligible to get infected with better vampire cooties?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25