Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 122591 times)

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Question, in your mod, once you've been infected with 'lesser vampire cooties', are you still eligible to get infected with better vampire cooties?
No. If I could do that in a way that you had to get rid of one to get the other, I would, but you can't. Syndromes aren't curable, they either end or they don't. So you have t make a choice, do you want to have to go a ton of missions with no powers in order to get the huge amount of followers required to take on a master properly, or do you want to settle for less outright power, but be able to use it sooner.

Personally, I usually become a lesser vampire, they're strong, fast and have decent abilities. They can take on other lesser vampires and werebeasts 1 on 1 and stand a fair chance of winning, assuming they're equipped properly. And when it comes down to it, they can still take masters just fine, they just need some backup.

I'm going to bed now, so I'll have to answer any further questions after calculus tomorrow (~3 PST), good night.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:07:08 am by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: <<Better Vampires 0.8>> *Ancient Vampire Megabeast!*
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 09:47:18 pm »

Bumping for new version, have fun with the ancient vampire. It has a base move speed of ~7200, and starts with natural skill in basically all unarmed combat.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Not sure what that is, but I might be able to manage something, can you provide more details?
      they can root around and stir up vermin using ROOT_AROUND
         [ROOT_AROUND:BY_CATEGORY:BILL:root around in:roots around in]
      they can be made to eat vermin using GOBBLE_VERMIN_CREATURE and GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS
         [GOBBLE_VERMIN_CREATURE:<creature>:<caste>] where <caste> can be ALL
         [GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS:<class>] where class is a CREATURE_CLASS like the new EDIBLE_GROUND_BUG[/spoiler]
If only they could be added directly so that Rensfield could remain a dwarf, but the only way to do it now would be to change him into a creature that already has the tags.

Also very cool megabeast,  I'll have fun pitting him against Cell in the arena.
I mean I don't know what a Renfield is :P, but it sounds interesting enough.

It's a bit like a genaric vampire servent, usualy crazy. Tends to hunt down people for there master to feed on. Usualy even crazier than there masters.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Not sure what that is, but I might be able to manage something, can you provide more details?
      they can root around and stir up vermin using ROOT_AROUND
         [ROOT_AROUND:BY_CATEGORY:BILL:root around in:roots around in]
      they can be made to eat vermin using GOBBLE_VERMIN_CREATURE and GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS
         [GOBBLE_VERMIN_CREATURE:<creature>:<caste>] where <caste> can be ALL
         [GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS:<class>] where class is a CREATURE_CLASS like the new EDIBLE_GROUND_BUG[/spoiler]
If only they could be added directly so that Rensfield could remain a dwarf, but the only way to do it now would be to change him into a creature that already has the tags.

Also very cool megabeast,  I'll have fun pitting him against Cell in the arena.
I mean I don't know what a Renfield is :P, but it sounds interesting enough.

It's a bit like a genaric vampire servent, usualy crazy. Tends to hunt down people for there master to feed on. Usualy even crazier than there masters.
Oh, I see. I'll try it and see if it works out.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 11:18:04 pm »

Derp, I meant to type werebeast in the poll, oh well, megabeasts are good too. So how 'bout more werebeasts too?

And yeah, I'll see about the necromancers.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 02:38:12 am »

WELL THEN! It seems a lot of people want necormancers, so here's my plan for them (after a grand total of 10 minutes of thinking):

-Lich, more focused on improving combat abilities/durability, can fly, zombies are weaker

-Evoker, Can turn creatures/corpses into crazed beasts, very little actual combat ability (Squishy)

-Dark Sorcerer, Can raise corpses into reasonably efficent zombies, has a necrotizing gas attack

This may change, as it is merely a starting point. Input is appreciated, as well as any ideas.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 03:03:05 am »

Gorgoni/Cuthonic: Raises zombies with stone-hard tissues, gives off a gas that turns living people into stone-hard "statues" with [immobile],[noeat], and [nodrink].

Smoke-Wright: Fast, super hot (hence, everything is on fire, yes, even itself), and corpses might not be any stronger but are usualy on fire. The undead raised also have the abilty to further raise the dead, to offset there time-limit of sorts for existing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:05:10 am by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 03:23:42 am »

Gorgoni/Cuthonic: Raises zombies with stone-hard tissues, gives off a gas that turns living people into stone-hard "statues" with [immobile],[noeat], and [nodrink].

Smoke-Wright: Fast, super hot (hence, everything is on fire, yes, even itself), and corpses might not be any stronger but are usualy on fire. The undead raised also have the abilty to further raise the dead, to offset there time-limit of sorts for existing.
Alright, cool I'll try those tomorrow or sunday, whenever I get the chance.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 05:24:17 am »

I have one word: Holy shit. Well, two words. Still in shock.
I just watched a Master Vampire single handedly take out an entire fucking village, including myself. And I had quite a few kills under my belt. I couldn't touch the damn thing.
Then she decided she wanted to turn into a bat and rip my buddies to shreds with her teeth.
As I'm hoplessly poking away at it, trying to get its blood so I can drink it, she devours my buddy, turns around, and tears my throat out. I limp away about 5 feet out the door before I suffocate to death.
There was blood and vomit everywhere.
The first 5 minutes were so chaotic that everyone was puking, being ripped apart, limping away, trying to fight back, all while this Master Vampire takes on 10 people all at once. Doesn't even take a scratch.
There were body parts all over the place.. I even tried throwing vomit and fingers at it. No dice.
Guess I shoulda devoured the blood of the normal vampire I had just killed..

Oh, and feel special. This is my first post. :3

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 02:57:25 pm »

I have one word: Holy shit. Well, two words. Still in shock.
I just watched a Master Vampire single handedly take out an entire fucking village, including myself. And I had quite a few kills under my belt. I couldn't touch the damn thing.
Then she decided she wanted to turn into a bat and rip my buddies to shreds with her teeth.
As I'm hoplessly poking away at it, trying to get its blood so I can drink it, she devours my buddy, turns around, and tears my throat out. I limp away about 5 feet out the door before I suffocate to death.
There was blood and vomit everywhere.
The first 5 minutes were so chaotic that everyone was puking, being ripped apart, limping away, trying to fight back, all while this Master Vampire takes on 10 people all at once. Doesn't even take a scratch.
There were body parts all over the place.. I even tried throwing vomit and fingers at it. No dice.
Guess I shoulda devoured the blood of the normal vampire I had just killed..

Oh, and feel special. This is my first post. :3
Hey, nice. Yeah, their scream generally causes a shitload of chaos because of all the vomiting and dizziness. Also their agility is absurdly high, so you really need about 8 or so people all attacking at once to even hope to hit it in any damaging way. My question is, did it manage to use its speed ability? I have it unrestricted because if it's set to attack, they never use it, so they tend to just regularly spam it while standing around (not that it makes a difference or blows their cover).

Oh, and for future reference:
Minor vampire<werebeast transformed (assuming you have their weakness)<werebeast human form=lesser vampire<werebeast transformed (assuming you don't have their weakness)<Master vampire<Ancient vampire

In terms of difficulty in my opinion. Each werebeast is hard in its own way too, and the lesser vampire types are also a bit different.

Also, did you say "normal" vampire? I do hope you used the advanced worldgen template, or you'll be missing out.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 03:02:06 pm »

I was just using a randomly generated world. I'll look at the pre-generated worlds in a few minutes. Loading up DF now. And yes, it just had Vampire as it's tag.

Yeah he did use the speed ability. I saw it among the thousands of lines of people dying, vomiting, and everything in between. It was intense. And what's worse is when I ran outside, my pussy ass follows didn't follow me back in, so I was left fighting the thing alone. :/

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 03:08:25 pm »

I was just using a randomly generated world. I'll look at the pre-generated worlds in a few minutes. Loading up DF now. And yes, it just had Vampire as it's tag.

Yeah he did use the speed ability. I saw it among the thousands of lines of people dying, vomiting, and everything in between. It was intense. And what's worse is when I ran outside, my pussy ass follows didn't follow me back in, so I was left fighting the thing alone. :/
They were probably dead :P. I'm glad you got to see the speed ability in action, now, if you can find a lesser vampire, they may just have a slightly less powerful version of that. Master Vampire speed is ~9100 with the ability, while Lesser Vampire speed is ~7300 IIRC. One of the really cool thing is, when it's used on you, it's not like you're moving fast, it looks like everyone else is just reeeaaaalllly slow. From your perspective, time is slowed by a factor of around 8 to 10, and all the fresh kills are just standing there waiting to have their skulls caved in.

EDIT: The templates basically just remove all the vanilla vampires and werebeasts, so you only get the good ones (mine). And that normal vampire blood wouldn't have helped you, vanilla DF vamps are weaker than my minor vampires.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:11:51 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 03:38:07 pm »

Trying it out now, with some tinkering of my own.
This is going to be insane. @_@
brb dying

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 03:57:50 pm »

Trying it out now, with some tinkering of my own.
This is going to be insane. @_@
brb dying
I have to go out for a while, but I'll be back later. Post results!
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 09:26:40 am »

WELL THEN! It seems a lot of people want necormancers, so here's my plan for them (after a grand total of 10 minutes of thinking):

-Lich, more focused on improving combat abilities/durability, can fly, zombies are weaker

-Evoker, Can turn creatures/corpses into crazed beasts, very little actual combat ability (Squishy)

-Dark Sorcerer, Can raise corpses into reasonably efficent zombies, has a necrotizing gas attack

This may change, as it is merely a starting point. Input is appreciated, as well as any ideas.

Yes please!

but perhaps you could give lich some ice spells. like these. Hell, it would be even cooler if you could make Lich have aura of frost, freezing everything around him, or something like that... I've always liked Warcraft / WoW type of liches :)

EDIT: btw, just wanted to tell that those master vampires are REALLY powerful, i tried to kill one with my newly started adventurer and the vampire slaughtered half the village in some giant bat form. including my legendary pikeman companion (atleast i think he was legendary since he was flashing). Eventually vampire got his ass kicked but i couldnt get myself transformed even though i drank all the blood i could find. Could it be because all the vampire blood i could find was "Giant bat blood"? Though it had vampire's name written all over it

EDIT2: It seems that your powerful vampires seem to cause people to abandon their shops and some cities are completely abandoned. One town had nothing but abandoned houses and for some reason, all the people were in keep and on the watchtowers... and man, that town had some serious vampire issue, their leader (master vampire) had killed over 2 thousand, and i was tasked to kill 2 lesser vampires in their catacombs, who both had killed over thousand
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:06:44 pm by Doro »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25