Dwarf Fortress > DF Announcements

Dwarf Fortress 0.34.05 Released

(1/23) > >>

Toady One:
Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

The necromancer crash was coming up so often in crash reports that I figured now was a good time for another release.  Here it is!  Note that any old vanilla saves you move over will have a short error log on load for their broken eyelid raws.  This isn't a big deal, and you can either update the body detail plan file or just leave it.  New saves won't have this problem.

Major bug fixes
   (*) fixed crash from necromancers in dwarf mode
   (*) fixed crash from seed traders that only have access to wool bags
   (*) stopped adv mode sleeping from sticking you on rooftops and teleporting you outside of castles (underground case not done yet)
   (*) removed many effects and secret identity from ghosts (vampirism/lycanthropy/necromancer status etc.)

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) traded adv mode items will go to backpack/quiver first depending on type
   (*) dwarves won't get unhappy thoughts from dead/rotting relatives if their deaths are not known
   (*) made various animals non-threatening (new saves only -- BENIGN tag can be added to old save raws, see file_changes.txt)
   (*) stopped untowered necromancers from losing their zombie pops in their camps
   (*) fixed broken names for bones and other butcher products
   (*) removed items from abandoned houses/shops
   (*) allowed adv mode abilities/powers to page through targets
   (*) vampires no longer blame children/babies
   (*) fixed broken companion paging/viewing for large numbers of companions
   (*) stopped undead cats from adopting dwarves
   (*) messed with crabs/horseshoe crab water behavior
   (*) disallowed animation of bogeymen (new saves only)
   (*) changed mule/muskox color
   (*) fixed a few animal descriptions
   (*) eyes/eyelids were broken in various ways
   (*) tweaked appearance of nearly empty sleep bar

MagmaSolutionsInc:

--- Quote from: Toady One on March 06, 2012, 08:46:29 am ---        (*) removed many effects and secret identity from ghosts (vampirism/lycanthropy/necromancer status etc.)
        (*) removed items from abandoned houses/shops
   (*) vampires no longer blame children/babies
   (*) stopped undead cats from adopting dwarves
   (*) disallowed animation of bogeymen (new saves only)

--- End quote ---

These fixes make me sad. They were funny.

SalmonGod:

--- Quote from: Toady One on March 06, 2012, 08:46:29 am ---   (*) stopped undead cats from adopting dwarves

--- End quote ---

Reading this just makes me grin, because... only in Dwarf Fortress.

MagmaSolutionsInc:
BTW Toady, any chance of some further follow-on to fortress mode vampires? Some way that the fort can decide "No, this guy's definitely a vampire" and do something permanent to them?

I guess it could be an extra justice option - dwarf is accused of vampirism, you can convict them and choose to execute with prejudice. That way, those who don't want their vampires dead can keep them, but the option is always there if needed? I guess the same would apply for lycanthropes and necromancers. And they could perhaps have the option to resist/flee. Perhaps if they flee, they can come back with reinforcements at some stage (or in a future version).

Just a question, anyhow. I could see further fun in dwarf vampires accusing others of vampirism in order to get them executed, for example, with all the unhappy thought fun that that could produce.

e: This would also be more "consistent" with adventure mode, since villagers will happily ask you to go kill a vampire that's bothering them. Whereas currently, dwarves are happy to whack them with a hammer and let them go. Except in one fort where, for some reason, my militia commander decided to murder the vampire. And then got hammered to death for it  >:(

e2: also being able to 'pit' vampires, etc, once the dwarves know them for what they are. Trying to think of extra fun and improvements, rather than just a "waaaah! i don't like vampires!" post.

klingon13524:

--- Quote from: SalmonGod on March 06, 2012, 09:14:22 am ---
--- Quote from: Toady One on March 06, 2012, 08:46:29 am ---   (*) stopped undead cats from adopting dwarves

--- End quote ---

Reading this just makes me grin, because... only in Dwarf Fortress.

--- End quote ---
Goody goody, a new release. Wait, it fixes WHAT? Yeah, I'll hold out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version