Dwarf Fortress > DF Announcements

Dwarf Fortress 0.34.05 Released

<< < (23/23)

Findulidas:

--- Quote from: guebstrike on March 20, 2012, 08:44:31 pm ---Dito, plus my clean stream shares a sand wall with a stagnant pool.

--- End quote ---

I think only when the water fills a spot which shares the wall that the dwarves have dug the stream would get stagnant. Also through a diagonal it would most likely be stagnant as well since it shares a wall.

Findulidas:

--- Quote from: HugoLuman on March 20, 2012, 08:06:18 pm ---Well, you could always mod xenomorphs in as an entity so that the RNG selects their blood for rain.

--- End quote ---

Well there are dangerous rain types but most of the time I seem to run into the blood type which only gives bad thoughts. Terrifying biomes are hard enough as it is so I wouldnt need to mod in more stuff. If I dont die of the thing from above its the blind cave ogres or something like that which kills all dwarves.

Haekel:

--- Quote from: MarcAFK on March 21, 2012, 12:16:36 am ---Does drawing your water from a stream/river through a diagonal help?
If stagnation is anything like Mist/pressure/miasma it might not go through diagonals.

--- End quote ---

So, you wanna fix not-moving water by making it move... slower? That made me chuckle. :P

guebstrike:

--- Quote from: Findulidas on March 21, 2012, 03:48:14 am ---I think only when the water fills a spot which shares the wall that the dwarves have dug the stream would get stagnant.

--- End quote ---

Sorry to belabor the issue, but what if all the shared wall contaminations, other than the obvious problems with pumps, are caused by toads and turtles moving between the stagnant water and the river? I've been experimenting with digging cisterns and channels that share walls with stagnant water and haven't been able to contaminate my brook, but I just noticed toads and lizards hanging out around another stagnant pool farther downstream, and now the brook near that pool is stagnant.

Also, where my brook is stagnant, on a few occasions, I have noticed that the stagnant water only moves about 7 squares upstream, and doesn't spread farther, at least not for the years I've observed the behavior. Fortunately, I don't have any stagnant pools anywhere near the upstream half of the brook. Perhaps the solution is to cap off all your stagnant pools before the toads can invade your clean water.

Findulidas:
Even if toads and turtles is the reason for the stagnation over walls the problem still lies in that one piece of stagnant water can permanently contaminate the whole river which mustnt be intended, it makes no sense what so ever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version