Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.05 Released  (Read 71840 times)

~Q~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.05 Released
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2012, 06:34:43 pm »

file changes.txt says
Code: [Select]
                added benign to
                        BIRD_FALCON_PEREGRINE,BIRD_CROW,BIRD_RAVEN,BIRD_OWL_SNOWY,
                        SPARROW,BIRD_OWL_BARN,BIRD_PARAKEET,BIRD_PARROT_GREY,
                        BIRD_LORIKEET,BIRD_WREN,BIRD_OSPREY,GIANT_COCKATIEL,
                        BIRD_MAGPIE,GIANT_KESTREL,BIRD_EAGLE,GIANT_HORNBILL,
                        BIRD_BUSHTIT,MOTH,GRASSHOPPER,THRIPS,SLUG,SNAIL,
                        DESERT TORTOISE,GIANT TORTOISE,SPONGE,HORSESHOE_CRAB,
                        POND_TURTLE,HAMSTER,HEDGEHOG,SQUIRREL_FLYING,
                        GREEN_TREE_FROG,CAPUCHIN,SLOTH,SPIDER_MONKEY,AYE-AYE,
                        LION_TAMARIN

So yeah, it looks like that includes SPONGE.

Thanks.

Also noticed that hamsters and grasshoppers were not benign according to that, wouldve been awesome to get sort of a grasshopper swarm or hamster swarm which were hostile. Infact swarms of grasshoppers is a real thing isnt it?

The BENIGN token is more about putting them in the right biomes. AFAIK it isn't a behavioural token.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 07:37:58 pm »

The BENIGN token is more about putting them in the right biomes. AFAIK it isn't a behavioural token.
(*) made various animals non-threatening (new saves only -- BENIGN tag can be added to old save raws, see file_changes.txt)

What he says in the announcement implies that adding benign should make the animals non-threatening, therefore it would change their behavior.

Also if these arent the changed animals then which are?
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

~Q~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:16 pm »

if that is the case, then the function differs markedly from what is recorded in the wiki.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 05:50:38 am »

if that is the case, then the function differs markedly from what is recorded in the wiki.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Creature_token

The creature will only show up in "tame" biomes. Such creatures will generally avoid dwarves, although they may chase and/or attack them if they get too close, notably including elephants.

Both changing behavior and biome?
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

~Q~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 07:11:28 am »

The creature will only show up in "tame" biomes. Such creatures will generally avoid dwarves, although they may chase and/or attack them if they get too close, notably including elephants.

Hmm, I must have been reading an older version. That said it would seem to restrict creatures from being in Savage areas more than it restricts them from being in regular areas.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 02:17:54 pm »

I can confirm this, recently in a 34.01 fort, I got a goblin siege mounted on gigant cave swallows, when my dwarves approached them they would get scared and spread away, I commented out the BENIGN token in my save's raws and they would stay and fight.

Also the NOFEAR token keeps them from fleeing the map prematurely but they still will flee when certain amount of the siege has been killed, the only way I found to keep them from escaping after killing most of the siege was to add the token IMMOBILE, and they would stay put, they still would fight back and even move a little by dodging or charging and tumbling...

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2012, 09:48:44 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
03/12/2012  Next up I'm going to mess around with clothing a bit. There are a few obstacles to getting them to pick up clothes, and I've fixed the easy one. I stopped people with injuries from obsessing forever over unusable objects, but I want to make that better so that they don't think about them at all after one initial check. Getting it all to work together with uniforms, current inventory, injuries, available items, modded bodies and layering restrictions is always tricky, but that's the project. I'm also going to handle owned items that just sit out on the floor forever and deal with damaged clothing.
I probably shouldn't be so excited about this, but I really really am!  :D

This covers a whole host of annoyances that I'll be happy to say goodbye to.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Squidpalace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2012, 10:57:26 pm »

Agreed, I am ridiculously excited about the clothing fixes. With lye buckets done already I will have no complaints. Thanks Toady.

ClubFoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 03:47:45 am »

What's the preferred bug-filing process?  It doesn't look like the bug forum is current.
I'm on the latest release, running on an up-to-date osx on a MBP, with a newly generated world.  I've got an auto-saved 'fort' at embark.  It reliably crashes within 5 minutes starting from there - with no particular action I have noticed that causes it.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 03:53:33 am »

What's the preferred bug-filing process?  It doesn't look like the bug forum is current.
I'm on the latest release, running on an up-to-date osx on a MBP, with a newly generated world.  I've got an auto-saved 'fort' at embark.  It reliably crashes within 5 minutes starting from there - with no particular action I have noticed that causes it.

Bug Tracker:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2012, 04:24:05 am »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

(*) dwarves won't get unhappy thoughts from dead/rotting relatives if their deaths are not known

:P

Now there is something that can be used to for a lot of interesting things.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Satche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Satche.ch
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012, 08:00:02 am »

I'm on OSX and I downloaded release 0.34.05: no crashes. But there is stagnant water in rivers (no everywhere, just near closed ponds).
When clean water enters the channel that I dig, it also becomes stagnant... because of the mud ? Or is that a bug ?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2012, 08:27:27 am »

I'm on OSX and I downloaded release 0.34.05: no crashes. But there is stagnant water in rivers (no everywhere, just near closed ponds).
When clean water enters the channel that I dig, it also becomes stagnant... because of the mud ? Or is that a bug ?

Most likely this bug.

Satche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Satche.ch
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2012, 08:38:06 am »

Here, status is "resolved". I suppose the other one is most recent.
Well, in this case, I suppose I have to use screw pump.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2012, 08:41:25 am »

If clean water ever gets blood, pus, vomit, or a dead body in it, it becomes contaminated. If it touches any other body of water that is 'stagnant' like a pond, it gets contaminated. If it ever touches salt water, it gets contaminated as salt water. I'm 100% on this, but I think if clean water ever touches a tile in which there has ever been contaminated water, it gets contaminated. So, if a river of any type ever gets even the slightest bit dirty, the whole river gets contaminated (not just downstream). This certainly appears true in fort mode, and seems to be true as far as I've tested it in adventure mode. This isn't a bug, per se, but it does seem a bit silly. When I think about it, it seems like something of a challenge for Toady to fix; adding dilution thresholds and contamination directionality for flowing water seems to me like it'd be a right pain in the arse.

Fortunately, you can exploit the pump decontamination bug to ensure potable water for your fort. It is, in fact, almost completely essential to the running of a fort.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8