Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ultimate military training course?  (Read 1261 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Ultimate military training course?
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:47:53 pm »

I'd imagine the ultimate training course a bit like this:

1. Wade in water for swimmer skill
2. get armor and go into danger room for defense skills
3. eat poison meat that causes very extreme pain to increase willpower (modded, ofcourse. "tests" in arena show that elephants injected whit venemous boiling gold lie down for a while, but are just about invurnable to pain after they wake up. Also, the corpses evaporate after they die.)
4. Demonstations whit high level teacher + high level axedorf to increase student and teacher skills

And thats all i can think of.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ultimate military training course?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 02:52:13 pm »

1. Sparring
2. Megabeast syndrome shower

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:54:13 pm »

while many civilian jobs increase attributes, pump operator is a popular one for military dwarf cross training.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:58:20 pm »

while many civilian jobs increase attributes, pump operator is a popular one for military dwarf cross training.

Ah, i forgot that one!
And ofcourse, sparring too ;D
Disease resistance could be done whit the poison meat tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.