Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: World Viewer 2012 - 2.0.0 - Oct 2  (Read 13614 times)

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer 2012 - 2.0.0 - Oct 2
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »

Hey! yer back!

Welcome back! I see you got the dynasties working! YAAY!

incidentally when you say re-write did you recode it from scratch?

Not dynasties as I had them before although I'm quite proud of how the ancestors/descendents work, I'm considering if I want to do dynasties as a separate "thing" like sites, or civilizations, like with it's own tab.  I had this in the previous version but haven't incorporated it yet.

Also, yes, complete rewrite.  I'll be putting up the source as well, it's organized quite a bit differently but in a way that I think is more useful over all.  At least it makes a lot more sense to me.

Edit - Quick dump of the source: link
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:38:25 pm by Mason11987 »

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 04:13:55 am »

Is it possible to get a search function up for hist figures?

For example in my current fort (abandoned the save to garner data) I had a super dwarf - legendary in something like 10+ skills.

Finding him in the hist figures list is impossiburu. - well tough :P.

Other feedback -

Wars-> Battles -> particular battles

My fort had some battles with random gobbos, in the list which is populated by the participants activities, its too thin to see all the data - can the column be resized?

The mini map/ map disappears once closed, how do you turn it back on?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 08:38:16 am »

Looks very nice! :)

I noticed in the screenshot the font still doesn't support all the characters.  Did you try using the font included with DF to solve that problem?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

DNK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 09:01:51 am »

Looks good! Thanks!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 07:23:55 am »

Is it possible to get a search function up for hist figures?

For example in my current fort (abandoned the save to garner data) I had a super dwarf - legendary in something like 10+ skills.

Finding him in the hist figures list is impossiburu. - well tough :P.

Other feedback -

Wars-> Battles -> particular battles

My fort had some battles with random gobbos, in the list which is populated by the participants activities, its too thin to see all the data - can the column be resized?

The mini map/ map disappears once closed, how do you turn it back on?

Good call. Took care of these three things: Link

Post a screen of your awesome dwarf when you find him.

Other similar issues (verifying text is visible everywhere on reasonable resolutions, and putting search/sort on all the tabs) is on the list, which is extensive still, but anyone checking it out let me know what the biggest issues are for you so I can prioritize.

Looks very nice! :)

I noticed in the screenshot the font still doesn't support all the characters.  Did you try using the font included with DF to solve that problem?

Yeah, it didn't work how I had hoped.  I think my way of reading from the xml filemight be failing to read these characters.  I have a few different ideas but messing with the loading of the xml is tricky especially with the possibility of large files.

I can definitely use that font though, so I might set it up regardless, just cause it seems appropriate, even if the characters still come out weird.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:08:05 am by Mason11987 »

rabies47

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 12:20:39 pm »

Found and was able to fix two bugs, both in Param.GetParam().

After making a copy of my current save, abandoning and importing, World Viewer throws an InvalidCastException in modMain.CoordToPoint.  Basically the issue is that since Param.GetParam searches directly for parameter names (i.e. "DIM") it'll find the first occurence.... which is what you want, except that in my case, completely by coincidence, my CREATURE_SEED happened to be 4xiKmOAIE0WhWDIMsLng... so GetParam was grabbing "Lng" for "DIM" rather than ":257:257" (more on this in a second).  The fix for this is just to add "[" to the beginning of the search string before searching fulltxt (i.e., change
Code: [Select]
Dim startTitlePos = fulltxt.IndexOf(str) to
Dim startTitlePos = fulltxt.IndexOf("[" & str), this is line 192 I believe).

I found the second bug after fixing the first, since you don't account for the ":" after parameter tags those are substringed out as well (e.g. "4xiKmOAIE0WhWDIMsLng" for the seed becomes ":4xiKmOAIE0WhWDIMsLng").  This is a problem, since then the string splitting in modMain.CoordToPoint splits ":257:257" into three instead of two, so another InvalidCastException ends up being thrown.  The fix for this is to change
Dim endTitlePos = startTitlePos + str.Length + 1 to
Dim endTitlePos = startTitlePos + str.Length + 2, on line 193.  After this it imports correctly (AFAIK, anyway).

You may want to take this fix with a grain of salt, as I didn't look around in the code too much other than this.  It worked for me, though.

Other than that, cool project ;D
I'm definitely planning on using this to look around my world when I have a little time later today, keep up the good work!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:56 am »

Great!  Thanks.  I definitely get  those bugs. Thanks for digging into the source and hepling to fix them.  feel free to offer any other suggestions/requests.

Hellcommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2013, 03:17:09 pm »

Any plans on making a 64 bit version of your world viewer program so I can read my legends.xmls that are over 4 gbs?
It seems all my complex worlds that I create over a period of 800 years get to many legends even with culling unimportant legends.

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 11:41:29 pm »

This software is really amazing; I would quite like to see its development continue!   
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »

Doesn't detect .sav cause it's looking for /bmp??????????!
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.
Pages: 1 2 [3]