Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 -- Preview  (Read 15311 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bloodwinery v1.2 -- Preview
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 04:34:19 pm »

If body parts from invaders work, and you just killed a siege of 50 in your weapontrap hall, then you have 200 bodyparts lying around. This is what I am most concerned about, since every hand, leg, feet and whatever gives some blood.
My reaction does not work on torsos/whole bodies since I have several lying in my refuse pile right now so that should help.
I have only run two invader body parts through the reaction so far so I don't know if it was a fluke that it circumvented
Code: [Select]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:APPALLING]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:SHUN]
yet or not since I know that sometimes invaders who die from "natural causes", like gravity, sometimes allows their bones to be used to make bolts and other items.
The dogs might have just pushed/chased the kobold off a cliff for all I know.

I don't think you could process all the bodyparts from a siege that size before they rotted anyway.
You could make a separate reaction for invader bodyparts that requires more bodyparts as reactants by changing the body materials of sentient/sieging races to have a different [REACTION_CLASS:] than default creatures so they are processed separately.

But if you do it wrong the food will spoil which is why I had a chance of spoiled bloodwine being produced.
Almost forgot to mention it, but this reaction of yours is bugged. You have a 75% chance for aged wine, and 25% chance for spoiled wine. But that does not mean that you do 4 aging reactions and get 3 good ones and 1 bad one.  The reaction also might produce nothing, or both.
I knew that I just ignored it blaming it on the mysteries of dwarven !!SCIENCE!!.
It might be better to just leave a 75% chance to produce aged bloodwine and produce nothing instead of spoiled bloodwine when the reaction fails.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bloodwinery v1.3 -- Preview
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 10:47:35 am »

I updated the first post to explain how to make bloodwine.

But if you do it wrong the food will spoil which is why I had a chance of spoiled bloodwine being produced.
Almost forgot to mention it, but this reaction of yours is bugged. You have a 75% chance for aged wine, and 25% chance for spoiled wine. But that does not mean that you do 4 aging reactions and get 3 good ones and 1 bad one.  The reaction also might produce nothing, or both.
I knew that I just ignored it blaming it on the mysteries of dwarven !!SCIENCE!!.
It might be better to just leave a 75% chance to produce aged bloodwine and produce nothing instead of spoiled bloodwine when the reaction fails.
I also changed the age bloodwine reaction to have a 75% chance of producing aged bloodwine only so if it fails the bloodwine is destroyed.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:53 pm »

Ah, ok, I did change my ethics a little bit. Mostly to get rid of all the bodyparts left by invasions, to remove clutter.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »

If body parts from invaders work, and you just killed a siege of 50 in your weapontrap hall, then you have 200 bodyparts lying around. This is what I am most concerned about, since every hand, leg, feet and whatever gives some blood.
I don't think you could process all the bodyparts from a siege that size before they rotted anyway.
I did some more testing and I was not able to process much of a 20 goblin siege (~5 body parts) before they rotted and could not be used in the reaction.
You could probably get more processed if you built several bloodpress and stockpiles around the area you intend to kill invaders in to cut down on wasted time hauling bodyparts in from the battlefield.

The body parts rotted too fast for me to tell if dwarven ethics are working for the reaction or not thought I have never had any dwarf body parts used yet just dismembered invaders and animals.
I would need to process a larger number to be sure if the invader bodyparts I processed were not just bugged.

You could not just make the reaction allow rotten bodyparts to test this because they eventually rot to bones which won't work in the reaction and make it impossible to count how many bodyparts there are before processing begins and after you run out of valid reactants.
The only way I can think of to test the effect of dwarven ethics is to stop all bodyparts from rotting by removing [ROTS] from the material definitions , set up a new fort with those raws, play until you get large enough sieges (20+), kill the siege in a way that produces a lot of bodyparts, and then see how many are recognized by the reaction.
I don't have time to do that right now, but if someone wants to test that themselves I can set up the raws for them if they don't know how.
Sigtext

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 -- Preview
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 06:26:29 pm »

The Bloodwinery v1.3.1
Updated for v0.34.06.
Should still be compatible with v0.34.05 (Dungeon Master and Tax Collector were removed from entity_default in v0.34.06).
Sigtext

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 07:48:41 am »

Could you change the reaction so it merely gives a bucket of blood which then must be combined into a barrel before brewing?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 08:05:00 am »

It makes sense to use the screw press for pressing blood, Meph.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 11:41:07 am »

Could you change the reaction so it merely gives a bucket of blood which then must be combined into a barrel before brewing?
No, at least not into a bucket.
I have been considering having the press blood reaction make a barrel filled with blood like you get from traders instead of a tool.
I will have to rework most of the reactions to keep the blood imported from traders having a lower bloodwine yield than that of extracted blood.
If I have the time I may look into that when I update for v0.34.08, it should not be too complicated I just need to decide how to do it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:00:04 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 12:52:06 pm »

Thanks deon, but I do "extract blood" in the kitchen, since I figured that meat, organs and other bodyparts are mostly nearby the kitchen anyway.  :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 01:12:29 pm »

thanks for your hard work, i'll shamelessy steal you aging room idea for my onw mod ;)
just kidding, i'll make my own aging room for booze but i also want to add the bloodworks to warhammer mod
of course i want to ask permission first
so... can i?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 04:05:29 pm »

thanks for your hard work, i'll shamelessy steal you aging room idea for my onw mod ;)
just kidding, i'll make my own aging room for booze but i also want to add the bloodworks to warhammer mod
of course i want to ask permission first
so... can i?
Sure you can use it.
Just be sure to credit me for the idea somewhere in your mods documentation.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2]