Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dolnar Asylum. Turn Four. SIR EWAN BONECRUSHER, AT YOUR SERVICE.  (Read 6627 times)

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Dolnar Asylum. Turn Zero.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 07:32:18 am »

As everyone does stuff, Mind Invasion! on the guard.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 08:36:03 am »

Since everyone else seem to be handling Psycho Psanders (:P), look around for signs of monsters and magical critters.
Love, scriver~

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 03:09:33 pm »

Hey we're wizards, why would the guard be denying us entrance when we are just here to help hold the prison? Even without knowledge of Demonhood I'd still stab the guard through the chest, because something is definitely wrong when the people guarding an Asylum keep help outside

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 03:28:54 pm »

Yes, but maybe, just maybe

if we play dumb, we can get in easier, without them knowing that we are in there.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dolnar Asylum. Turn One! Woo! Yeah!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 09:39:41 pm »

Commence the first turn! Ooh, isn't this exciting?

You apologize to the guard for wasting his time. "No", he repeats, "No visitors. Go away".

Assist the others in finding another entrance.
[5]Valyar heads off around the outside of the building, looking for some other way in. Nothing obvious presents itself- no side doors, no large windows- but just around the corner there is a large... vent, he thinks, the cover of which looks quite flimsy, and would be large enough to give admittance to a person.

Lets look for a different entrance.
[6]Ochita, meanwhile, decides- on a whim- to investigate the newly dug moat. It seems hastily dug by many hands- still, it is deep, and fairly well made. He hops down into the moat (without considering how to get out again), and starts walking around it, looking for... something. Nothing much of interest presents itself. Dirt walls, the occasional plank used to hold up the dirt walls, dirt floors-
*thump*
the occasional plank used to hold up the dirt floors?
After brushing away the dirt, he uncovers several planks hastily laid to cover... something. 
[1] Obviously the best way to break these is by jumping up and down on them until they give way.
*thump*
Nothing happens.
*thump*
One of the boards creaks.
*thump*
Nothing happens. Obviously, he will need more force. With some difficulty, he clambers out of the moat, lines himself up, and leaps out onto the boards.
*wham crack splinter thud ouch*
Ochita finds himself in an old passageway. The floor is- thankfully- covered in a pile of dirt, which breaks his fall somewhat. Still hurts, though. The only illumination is from the hole in the ceiling- and that does little to dispel the pressing darkness here.
[1,3] It seems your intrusion has awakened something. Further down the corridor- towards the asylum- you hear a rattling and a scraping- the sound of bone on bone.

Look for an alternate entrance.
[2] Tyrin looks for a window to refenstrate himself into. Unfortunately, all the windows are barred. Dang.

Find an alternate way. Try to be crafty to get inside. If the alternate way is already found and unimpeded, follow the rest of the group while analyzing exactly how bad my sword is.
[6] Caellath notices the vent Valyar found. It takes but a moment to remove the cover from the wall, revealing the darkness beyond.
Valyar gives Caellath a legup, and he crawls into the ventilation. It feels very anachronistic. However, unlike modern ventilation systems, this vent does not spiral around the building randomly; it leads through the thick stone walls of the asylum, then drops off sharply, then stops at another grate.
[6] Difficult as it is in the tight space of the vent, he manages to remove this cover as well, and enters... a crawlspace. The floor is very dusty, and the ceiling appears to be another iron grate. Opposite the vent, a rectangle of light betrays the presence of some sort of door. Unfortunately, it appears to be locked from without, and it will take significant effort to open it from within.

As everyone does stuff, Mind Invasion! on the guard.
[6] Owen enters mental combat with the guard!
Owen uses hypnosis.
[?]...
It works! The guard is under Owen's control. He can command him to open the door, or perform other simple actions.

Since everyone else seem to be handling Psycho Psanders (:P), look around for signs of monsters and magical critters.
[1] M-m-m-monsters? Henrietta doesn't actually feel like actively looking for monsters. She'll just hold on to her amulet and sit here nervously, thank you very much.

[6] Everyone hears Ochita breaking through the boarded-up-moat-thing-hole. It is very loud. It would be hard to miss.

(T'be clear, if this roll had been poor, I would have frowned upon actively going to help him. Anyway! First turn! Interesting stuff! Get your actions in for the next one!)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Superior_Tomato (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: scriver (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17:38 pm »

Return and tell the others of my findings. I really want to open the door at the crawlspace. Try and open the door. ((Tough choice, I'll probably keep changing my choice until he posts the next turn. Right now the forces of But I Always Have Been a Careful Player are fighting the enemies of Suicidal Curiosity over the control of my actions. Also, nice rolls for me. I guess Lady Luck is probably going to turn her back to me once again, though. I wonder what would have happpened if I had a bad second roll.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:31:33 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 10:36:39 pm »

Tyrin turned upon hearing the creaking sounds, after scrutinizing the Asylum walls, being dark and covered with moss. The windows were not a good idea anyway, he didn't know how to enact a breakthrough scene.

Get in that moat and aid Ochita in any way possible! Point my blade in front of me as I move! Regain composure.

Follow the party.

"Stay safe, everyone. I don't like parting ways here, but I hope we'll mostly all turn out sane in the end...I hate this Asylum."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:57:02 am by Tiruin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 03:04:08 am »

Clamber into the crawlspace after Caellath

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 03:37:22 am »

Wardwardwardward On self, against undead?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 04:02:32 am »

Follow Adwarf into the crawlspace and order guard to stop or slow down anything coming after us.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 04:16:11 am »

Follow Tyrin and Ochita down into the moat-hole. Make myself useful by using a basic light cantrip to light up the darkness.

Yeah, I'm totally going with our one offensive and one defensive guy ;)
Love, scriver~

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, its four o'clock, and I can't sleep. I guess I might as well stay up until dinner. And make this turn whilst I wait.

Clamber into the crawlspace after Caellath
Valyar clambers up through the vent, stumbles down the incline, and crawls into Caellath, who is busy trying to open the door. An apology is whispered, and accepted. He the proceeds to sit back and watch Caellath do his stuff. Well, listen to Caellath doing his stuff. It's pretty dark in here.

Follow Adwarf into the crawlspace and order guard to stop or slow down anything coming after us.
Owen finds it is a bit difficult to have the hypnotized guard understand what he wants him to do. But he guides him to the open vent, and tells him to let no one through it- which he understands, sort of.
After clarifying that this does not include himself, he enters, and joins Valyar and Caellath in the crawlspace.

Try and open the door.
[4] Caellath uses Break Stuff on door!
[...] He fumbles around with his tools- but he can't get the door open.
[5] He tries again, with a little more force.
[...] Nothing! The damn thing is impenetrable. In frustration, he whacks at the door with his hammer. It makes a loud ringing sound, which echoes through the crawlspace, significantly annoying those who have joined him there.
...and from the sound of things, it also annoyed someone in the room beyond. There is a sound of heavy boots on a stone floor. There is a grunting, then a grating, and then the door opens.
(Comparatively) bright light floods in, revealing the dust on the floor to be soot. It also reveals the silhouette of a large- large- man, with a steel mask over his face, tinted glass in the visor. He grunts as he peers into the crawlspace- he hasn't seen you yet- hidden in the darkness as you are- but he will soon.

Wardwardwardward On self, against undead?
[5] Ochita effortlessly creates a ward around himself. Before the rattling thing can reach him, he is joined by Tyrin and Henrietta.

Follow Tyrin and Ochita down into the moat-hole. Make myself useful by using a basic light cantrip to light up the darkness.
[1] Henrietta enters the hole the only logical way; the same way Ochita did. Ochita had breaking through the wooden boards to rob him of some of his momentum before hitting the floor; Henrietta does not. [3] She hits the ground hard, knocking the wind out of her and leaving her with a SORE LEG.
She doesn't know what a light cantrip is. However, there is a candle in her backpack, which she lights.
Perhaps she shouldn't've. A few meters down the passageway, shambling slowly towards them, is a corpse- well, a skeleton. All but a few tattered remains of flesh and clothing have been stripped, leaving naught but yellowing bone- yet it walks, and clutches a rusty sword in one hand, and a rotting shield in the other.

Henrietta easily identifies this as a Skeleton. These are common monsters; the bones of the dead, brought back with a glimmer of old memories and skills, but no mind to guide them. They can occur naturally, in places where magical energy is plentiful, though they are most commonly found in the employ of demons or necromancers.
[...] She can remember a few pieces of advice on how to stop them. They are usually slow, and unskilled at combat. They are very hard to kill, but a skilled swordsman should be able to run rings around them- making them effectively harmless.

Ochita shudders briefly, but seems confident enough in his ward that the sight does not affect him all that much.

Get in that moat and aid Ochita in any way possible! Point my blade in front of me as I move! Regain composure.
[4] Tyrin opts for the more careful approach of dropping into the moat first, then clambering through the hole, then dropping carefully onto the pile of dirt.
Accomplishing the feat of 'dropping into a hole' with far more competence than these two losers makes him feel good about himself; slightly less worried about this whole asylum business.

[...] That added confidence is immediately dispelled by the sight of what appears to be a skeleton walking towards him. Still, he puts on a brave front, drawing his sword. The... 'skeleton' notices his action, and sets it's lack of eyes upon him.

The 'skeleton' enters physical combat with Tyrin!
The 'skeleton' attacks Tyrin!
[...] Tyrin suffers damage! [3] A nasty cut to the arm! Not his sword arm, fortunately.

Ooh, isn't this exciting?
A point of interest: Knowledge- in this instance, the identity and weaknesses of monsters- is not automagically shared. The player with the knowledge must choose to share it. In this instance, Henrietta could tell Tyrin that "It's a skeleton! It's slow, hard to kill, and not very good at fighting!". To which Tyrin would respond "Oh geez thanks I couldn't figure that out by just, you know, looking at it"
Sharing simple knowledge like this is a free action. More complex knowledge- specific spells, forms of magic, what have you- is not.

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Superior_Tomato (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: scriver (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Time to whack that skeleton with my staff!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dash out of the crawlspace. Take the guard down.

((My character is pretty hot-headed. If he leaves that place alive, I'll have him attend some anger management sessions.))
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:00:00 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It's a skeleton! He moves slowly and is a bad fighter! Hit it with the pointy end! Riposte!"

Hide behind Ochita and tell the others what to do.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4