Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My brain just conected two dots  (Read 7693 times)

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
Re: My brain just conected two dots
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 02:06:30 pm »

Burn.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:31 pm »

You know how someone tells you they think the best book in the world is one of the twilight books, and you instantly think less of them? Yeah.

The main difference between Twilight and HPMOR is that you can still talk bad about Twilight after having read it (or at least understand why some people think it sucks). Now go read HPMOR.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 03:58:16 pm »

So was this originally posted here? Or did somehow it get moved from the upper boards?

Because this topic just screams doesn't belong here in the tone and style of it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 04:19:45 pm »

Suddenly, The Sims takes on a whole new context. Admittedly, one that's sprinkled throughout the game here and there, but yeah.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 04:23:00 pm »

So was this originally posted here? Or did somehow it get moved from the upper boards?

Because this topic just screams doesn't belong here in the tone and style of it.

Yeah, this was originally in DF General Discussion. Looks like it just derailed so far that it fell off the upper forums.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 04:39:23 pm »

I'm not really a Yudkowsky fan (though HPatMoR is one of the best things I've ever read), but that was pretty good. Better than the average short story, at least.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 04:39:36 pm »

I was wondering why Armok had shown up here.  The story wasn't that good.  I've been so inured to the "aaaaah solipsism!" people whip out on a regular basis on the Internet that it just didn't do anything for me.  I don't care much for the philosophy of the irrelevant.

The first response, though, was gold.  Not much encompasses the internet as well as "Hey guys here's this story that challenges yadda yadda yadda" -- "i wish the girl in it was my girlfriend"

Shoes...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 05:10:03 pm »

Yeah, this was originally in DF General Discussion. Looks like it just derailed so far that it fell off the upper forums.

What does that make the lower boards then o-o

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 05:16:38 pm »

What does that make the lower boards then o-o
They are what you find when you Dig Too Deep (in the forum).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 05:22:12 pm »

Clearly are a chasm.

Or a volcanic tube - this thread is just scouting us for precious gems, either way.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 05:23:06 pm »

Apparently moving wasn't enough. I had forgotten these forums react caustically with anything deeper than a dwarf is tall. locking.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 [3]