Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)  (Read 28727 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:55:12 pm »

Hail friend, and welcome to Bloodymine. Our civilization is in shambles, and the Mountainhome has been besieged time and time again. Due to war and famine, in the year 500, the seven brave dwarfs calling themselves The Death of Love embarked to these lands.

Please take note of our local laws:
1) We shall slay all other races. Every elf, human, kobold, and goblin that steps upon our lands shall be chased down and slaughtered.
2) The leader must follow the current mandate from Mountainhome.

RULES:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Succession List:
Brewster - save
Strategia - save
UmbrageOfSnow - skip (infirmity & affliction)
GalenEvil - skip (computer on fire)
Brewster - save
ImBocaire - skip (life)
TheWetSheep save
demonator775 - current
Dalex -
exolyx -
MrLobster -
Strategia - (slot 12)

Dwarf List:
Nix, axedwarf
Fishybang, miner
Brewster, Brewmaster - farmer/brewer
Strategia, architect
Tallyho, child
Fishybang Jr., child
Imboker, metalsmith (NOT metalcrafter)
TheWetSheep weapons/armorsmith
Urist McChops, axedwarf
Jacen, Archer Commander
Terrahex, anything

Current Mountainhome Mandate: Obtain 30 war dogs, place them all within a cage and link to a lever. Allow the next goblin attack to meet the war dog wave first, followed by the militia if needed.

Past Mandates Completed:
Make a 5 z-level fortress. Instead of digging out rooms, plan the fortress beforehand and don't dig out the tiles that are to be the walls of buildings, and smooth the rock. The buildings are now made out of solid natural rock.      by Strategia
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:11:37 pm by Brewster »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)(v0.34.05)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:02:15 am »

1st Granite, 500
We have finally arrived. We begin diging out a small dwelling in the mountain. Our herbalist begins gathering the plant life and our woodcutter clears the trees. Soon our mason and carpenter will build us furniture and it will be home sweet home.

2nd Granite, 500
Ral & Alath take their axes and shields to form our first militia titled Armored Huricanes.

7 Granite, 500
We test out our new militia and chase down a goat and slaughter it. The first blood has been split on our lands.

11 Granite, 500
We built our butcher and tanners workshop to clean the fresh kill.

23 Slate, 500
We have dug ourselves a simple little home. Crafting pots for trade, and a small farm for alcohol and food. Our furniture is on the far wall away from the noise and our storage on the north wall is safe from thieves.

30 Slate, 500
We have received a Mandate from the Mountainhome:

* Make a 5 z-level fortress. Instead of digging out rooms, plan the fortress beforehand and don't dig out the tiles that are to be the walls of buildings, and smooth the rock. The buildings are now made out of solid natural rock.

The paper needs to be given to the leader, but who will take the reigns of this young fortress and fulfill this difficult task?? http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5820
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:06:02 am by Brewster »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:06:01 am »

I don't want a turn, but can I please be dorfed?  Male, named Nix, swordsdwarf please. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:46:32 am »

Ill take the miner! Named Fishybang :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:44:42 am »

Sounds interesting, I'll take up overseership. I have some ideas for fulfilling the mandate already. So I take it I have until the end of the year?

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 06:00:15 pm »

Correct end of the year. I took care of most everything you'll need w/n first two months. So you'll be okay for the most part, I think you just need to complete a lever to the bridge and maybe outside farms if you want. I forgot to dwarf myself, you want to dwarf me as the Farmer. Name: Brewster Title: Brewmaster

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 09:33:22 pm »

Ill take the miner! Named Fishybang :P

I forgot to dwarf myself, you want to dwarf me as the Farmer. Name: Brewster Title: Brewmaster

I dorfed both of you, claimed the architect for myself.

I don't want a turn, but can I please be dorfed?  Male, named Nix, swordsdwarf please.

I didn't dorf you yet because we don't have swordsdwarves at this time, only axedwarves.

Currently planning out excavations, 15x30x5. Here's hoping I don't accidentally breach any caves or something. Also, I'm being a bit..... literal..... in my interpretation of part of the mandate. It's a rather tall order, and I'll do my best to get as far as I can. Then again I have a habit of making things hard for myself.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:01 pm »

Personal Journal of Strategia Bronzebeak
5th Felsite 500

So we're currently in a hole in the middle of nowhere, trying to build a new future for the dwarven race. It's been two months now, and although we've already dug ourselves a basic, functional living space at the urging of our brewmaster, Brewster, he seems more than content to just brew booze from here on out.

Bugger that.

I didn't come all the way out here to die in a stinking hole in the ground, sleeping and eating and farming and keeping animals in the same room! I came here to create, to build, and most of all - to design. So I've decided to replace our glorious leader myself.

I'll let him stay on as manager though, could be useful.

He didn't seem to mind much, in fact he gave me a piece of slate with instructions from the Mountainhome. They were in code, but he was kind enough to tell me what the first entry meant. I am to dig out a fortress 5 floors deep, and smooth it out. Well, that can be arranged! Off to the drawing *claystone table*!

Personal journal of Strategia Bronzebeak
6th Malachite 500

Digging proceeds..... a bit slower than I'd hoped. Maybe that's to do with the fact that the miners, Fishybang and Momuz, have been spending a lot of time sleeping, drinking and taking their union-mandated breaks. This had better improve..... Fortunately, a bunch of blithering idiots arrived on the 26th of Hematite, and I've put the more useless ones to work smoothing out what the two lazy buggers have already dug out.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:06:53 pm by Strategia »

wastedlands

• Bay Watcher
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 10:03:09 pm »

Is there anyway you can post the dwarves stats? Would like to get a good look at their personalities. (heh heh heh)

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17:30 pm »

Is there anyway you can post the dwarves stats? Would like to get a good look at their personalities. (heh heh heh)

In the order in which they appear in the units screen, I present you;

Spoiler: Momuz the Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tekkud the Carpenter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cog the Fishery Worker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zulban the Farmer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ablel the Presser (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Likot the Mechanic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alath the Axedwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vabôk the Child (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dîshmab the Child (click to show/hide)

21st Galena 500

Digging proceeds apace; first-stage excavation is almost complete, and since I put most of the useless bastards (and one brilliant architect) in this place on smoothing duty, the stone is starting to look beautiful alrea
A kobold thief pair of kobold thieves has been sighted near the entrance by one of the fisherdwarves. I have dispatched the militia with orders to bring me its head their heads.`

22nd Galena 500

Sadly, both kobolds fled when they saw our mighty dwarven militia approaching. While this did mean they weren't able to steal anything, it also means that our militia was denied two easy kills. The commander and her recruit both say they're fine, but I know they're fuming inside at being denied the opportunity to kill this vermin.

19th Limestone 500

Stage one excavation is finally complete. Now the miners can join the other idiots in smoothing the walls and floors.

[OOC] And I can go to sleep.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:36:52 pm by Strategia »

wastedlands

• Bay Watcher
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 10:39:34 pm »

Would you mind dorfing me the child Dishmab and renaming him to Tallyho? This seems like it could get to be interesting. :D

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:28 pm »

Hehe Im your lover :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 02:06:53 am »

1 wood bed, 1 wood bed, 1 wood bed, 1 wood bed... who the hell are these all for!?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 06:13:34 am »

Change me to an axedwarf please, I just wanna crusade in the name of the Mountainhomes. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 07:10:16 am »

Would you mind dorfing me the child Dishmab and renaming him to Tallyho? This seems like it could get to be interesting. :D

Done.

Hehe Im your lover :P

What can I say, I was young and I needed the money :P

1 wood bed, 1 wood bed, 1 wood bed, 1 wood bed... who the hell are these all for!?

Are you..... engraving manager orders..... on a slab of adamantine?.....

Change me to an axedwarf please, I just wanna crusade in the name of the Mountainhomes.

You are now the militia commander, Nix the Murdersmith.

6th Sandstone 500

Smoothing isn't going quite as smoothly (har har) as I'd like. This could be a bit..... problematic. Migrants have been sighted though, so we should soon have a whole bunch more useless idiots to help smooth these walls.

7th Sandstone 500

Scratch that, it's just two idiots, a kid and a mule foal. Dammit.

21st Sandstone 500

Tragedy! Poor dear Fishybang fell down one of the alleyways he was digging out in the underground city. His head couldn't cope with the fall down onto the smooth stone floor, and now bits of his brains are scattered everywhere! He never was a very organised dwarf, I have to say, so that might be why he dug out the floor from under his own feet..... Alas, poor Fishybang! I shall build a tomb for you on the lower floor of the luxury apartment building!

18th Timber 500

A caravan from the Mountainhome has been spotted in the distance. Hopefully this will alleviate our looming shortage of food and drink. I've already had to order Brewster to brew every brewable we have, and I've had to slaughter the two yak bulls. Smoothing is not proceeding on schedule.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:44:28 am by Strategia »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11