Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)  (Read 28388 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)(v0.34.05)
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2012, 06:56:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hahah - nice investigating

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:36 pm »

Hey, sorry guys, I came down with a pretty severe 103-degree fever on Saturday morning, still getting better, this is the first time I've felt well enough to do anything besides sleep.  I regret I didn't log into DF to see your PM.

I should still be able to play, sick days are a good time for DF I think, I just don't know if I'll have the staying power for the 2-day marathon session I was originally planning.

Did you already have the next guy start, or am I still good to go?

Either way, sorry about not logging in.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:56:29 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

wastedlands

• Bay Watcher
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 04:45:42 pm »

I think you're fine man (don't hold me to that) Just remember the mandate and TRY not to kill us all off. Please? :-\

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2012, 05:03:21 pm »

UmbrageOfSnow - your good to go man! DF is wacky enough but w/ a 103 fever it should get even weirder I imagine. Haha.  Happy to hear you're getting better.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »

You're good to go, hope you get better soon :/ The two main things you need to watch out for are a.) no indigenous food supply = we're dependent on caravans (and the occasional fish) for food, and b.) random zombie hairballs scaring the crap out of people causing them to scatter everywhere. There are only a handful of manager orders left, just doors IIRC, which should be finished quickly enough; we have about seven masons' workshops and 2/3rds of the population has masonry enabled. We have some iron and pig iron, which I think may have already been smelted to steel, so you could make some more tools; also, we have tons of garnierite for nickel crafts to dump on caravans in exchange for useful stuff, but you'll need to use charcoal to smelt it. The city's bottom level is hotkeyed to F2, and it should hopefully not be too difficult to figure out, since the floorplan of the buildings is the same across all five z-levels. If there's anything else you need to know, just ask here or shoot me a PM.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 12:11:31 pm »

Okay, guys. I'm fine with waiting a while for the next release, but let's at least not let it lapse to page 2.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 05:44:21 pm »

UmbrageOfSnow might be alive and working!

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2012, 10:06:16 pm »

I agree. I'll see if I can't find some more Legends tidbits about our civilization and its history. I just don't want to see the thread peter out, so I was hoping to have other sorts of involvement to keep this thread from sinking to oblivion in the forum.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 12:23:01 am »

I'm just glad that it hasn't come to be my own turn quite yet hehe. I have been doing RL stuff lately so haven't had a lot of free time to play DF. Hope that Umbrage is alive still, and working on the game! I'll be good to play whenever it ends up my turn though...

GalenEvil
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 07:32:08 am »

GalenEvil's turn, we're going to skip Umbrage unfortunately

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2012, 10:54:38 am »

Sorry for not picking it up yesterday, had extra RL stuff to take care of for Birthday prep stuff today >.< So, in an hour and a half I will be able to start playing ^,.,^ yay! Not able to get to the library since they are stupid and close early on saturdays...really really early...

GalenEvil

EDIT!!! Okay, need to get something clarified for me. 1) Mandate from Mountainhomes is still active (the smoothing of walls and such) 2)We only trade with Dorfz and everything else gets turned into pincushions and such? If those concerns can get cleared up for me then that would be awesome, since I have the long wait hopefully that will get answered before I start playing. If not then I will presume that those conditions are active and do some experimental surgery on any non-dorfz that come onto the map :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:02:21 am by GalenEvil »
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

wastedlands

• Bay Watcher
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2012, 11:22:50 am »

Why not do some "experimental" surgery on our own dwarves? I'm sure they wouldn't mind the extra drinking holes.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2012, 11:46:13 am »

Well....umm...I tend to get overly "enthusiastic" while doing surgery so if I did there would probably not be any dorfs left alive to keep the fort going lol

And for everyone's amusement!!! Here's Kirby (O.o)>--------- Shootin' his lazurz.... Enjoy!

GalenEvil

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »

Yup! Same mandate still. I took a peak at the save... trust me you have enough work on your hands. haha.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2012, 12:10:09 pm »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! FUN to be had and force my way through :D Any hints as to what I am going to be up against? I still have a half hour to wait on this download, might not be able to play until tonight though. Mom is talkin about wantin to go out into that bright place that starts at the front door and do stuff like gathering food from large buildings far away from here >.>

GalenEvil

Ps... the above is meant to be sorta funny, I know what the outdoors are, vaguely lol...not allowed to smoke in the house
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11