Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)  (Read 28387 times)

demonator775

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)(v0.34.05)
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 08:10:24 pm »

I would like a turn, but I have no experience in forts older than 3 years. I dont know how to make, or run a military for that matter. But with the Food problem I can fix that, that is one thing I know how to do in df. Make to planters and set up 4 plots all plump helmets. 3x4 plots,

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 09:10:05 pm »

By the way, I forgot. Here's a list of named dwarves, in the order they appear on the units screen;

I won't list all the unnamed dwarves, because seriously, we have 79 people alive.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012, 08:18:32 am »

UmbrageOfSnow still alive? Might move to next in-line if we don't hear from ya.

wastedlands

• Bay Watcher
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 08:29:23 am »

Good to know Tallyho is still alive. So how's dealing with the vampires going so far?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2012, 11:03:56 am »

UmbrageOfSnow still alive? Might move to next in-line if we don't hear from ya.

Shot him a PM just now.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2012, 03:01:32 pm »

I took the liberty of downloading and abandoning Bloodymines so that I could access legends modes. Since our dwarves are all now historical figures, there's actually some pretty juicy stuff in there. For instance, apparently my dwarf, the same year he was born, was attacked by (but escaped unscathed from) a wererhinoceros named Ezum Minetails the Hoary Thorn of Shoves. His object of casual worship (which I personally view as basically a fascination and reverence, but not actual worship) is Loli Beardedclouds the Granite Den, a mountain titan that took the form of a gigantic one-eyed earwig with a regal bearing, which died in the year 246 after amassing some sixty dwarven kills. The principal object of his worship, though, is Etur the Spine of Oil, a mountain god often depicted as an eagle man.

If anyone else wants me to check their dwarves' personal histories and lay out the choice tidbits I'd be glad to do so. I'll probably post the pantheon of our civilization at some point as well, although Etur the Spine of Oil is the only non-dwarven-depicted god. (Also, just from some random happenstance, our civ apparently has some elven members.)
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2012, 04:16:14 pm »

Shot him a PM just now.

Ya I did yesterday.

ImBocaire - sweet, show my dwarf!

demonator775

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 04:48:09 pm »

I would like to see Urist McChops ImBocaire,

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 05:29:50 pm »

And dead me :D
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

wastedlands

• Bay Watcher
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2012, 05:55:56 pm »

Same here.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2012, 06:01:42 pm »

Brewster, unfortunately, I think only immigrants are historical figures. Since you're one of the starting seven, you were created out of whole cloth. :( It says you are of "unknown parentage" and the only pre-fortress legends entry is your birth in 446.

Demonator, Fishybang, same issue as Brewster. "New" Fishybang and wastedlands, since both of yours are children, there's nothing really to bite into; however, you, like me, are both casual worshipers of Loli Beardedcloud the Granite Den.

Man, that's a downer. I was hoping the starting seven were also historical figures. To make up for it, here's the pantheon of The Lost Arch!

Based on his domain of mountains, and the fact that he seems to be the most active god in terms of causing werecreature and vampire curses, I can safely say that Etur is probably the chief god of the pantheon of the Lost Arch. I picture him as being stern but just, and perhaps a bit vain (since he doesn't react well to his temples being profaned, I'd say).

Probably depicted as capricious, fun-loving, and whimsical; this is fire, and not magma.

Trade, wealth, and jewels all go together, but fate is a rather strange addition. Perhaps he's associated with the fate of nations and cities, which can indeed turn on trade and wealth. Celestial broker, perhaps? And if so, does he go on break whenever you need him at the depot?

Well, we've got a zombie woman goddess. She's the creator of Veshvucar Taremngotol, "Dusturn the Fated Ghost," a billon slab detailing the secrets of life and death, which was claimed by the necromancer Erush Sensedshields and stored in the dwarven tower of Conjuredtools. Be very wary of any dwarf who claims to worship Vucar, because they are likely up to no good.

Zanos, I think, is responsible for taming the rages of Etur the Spine of Oil, making sure that he does not overextend his justice and cause undue suffering to dwarfkind. A dwarf who is afraid that they have offended Etur might make their appeal to Zanos to intercede on their behalf.

Male god plus fertility sphere means that his temples are renowned the world over for the height of their strangely-shaped pillars.

Bokbon is an oddity because she is listed as having several elven worshippers. Further investigation reveals that there are indeed elven members of our civilization; some of them even have dwarven names, indicating that they were born into dwarven society. This merits further research. Also, Bokbon created a vampire, which seems an odd form of consolation.

Nothing really to say about this one.

I'd say to be wary of anyone who worships Genlath, but maybe they're just bondage enthusiasts.

Apparently he mandated that every piece of writing must have a hilarious title.

I picture him as Etur's lieutenant, and possibly something of a rival. Fortresses and earth are about equal with mountains for dwarfiness.

Oth is the one who makes dwarves build walls from the wrong side and wander onto battlefields to claim socks. She's just a huge joker, is all.

Stay tuned for further research on how elves were integrated into the Lost Arch!

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2012, 07:32:56 pm »

Trade, wealth, and jewels all go together, but fate is a rather strange addition. Perhaps he's associated with the fate of nations and cities, which can indeed turn on trade and wealth. Celestial broker, perhaps? And if so, does he go on break whenever you need him at the depot?

(Part of) this is going in my sig. XD

Nothing really to say about this one.

She swears like a fishwife?

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 07:51:35 pm »

W00t, first sigging!

I started an adventurer in this world. There's apparently no elven civilizations left. Looking in legends mode, it looks like they were all conquered, which would explain the integrated elves. I visited Bloodymine and met a few dwarves there, including Brewster, TheWetSheep, and the reincarnated Fishybang.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2012, 02:16:51 am »

That's pretty cool :D, maybe I will be fortunate to choose an immigrant for possession when it hits my turn. By the way, if it ends up being my turn tomorrow that would be cool, I am pretty sure I will be heading over to the library in the mid afternoon (Central Time [GMT-6 I think]) so that would coincide nicely with being able to download the save. Is there any specific format that would be preferred for updates in the thread? Other than [Date][Text][Picture If Applicable][More Text] ?

I will probably set the max FPS to pretty low so that I can look at everything while I play through my year so that anything interesting doesn't pass me by..... Not sure if that gets translated through the save-passing process though so just in case the next person after me gets a max FPS of 50 it may be because of me setting it >.>

GalenEvil
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 05:12:50 am »

@GalenEvil:

Max FPS is in the init.txt file, which to my knowledge only affects your specific DF install and is not actually saved to the region folder in any form. The save file should be unaffected.

*Retreats back into the Spearbreakers thread*
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:14:47 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11