Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lycanthropic Undead plague.  (Read 9428 times)

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lycanthropic Undead plague.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 11:19:47 pm »

There's a couple threads kicking around here about the Evil Things (tm) you can get.   Each biome has it's own unique set of them.   My current one only raises the dead.  No funky rain, mists or anything else yet in the two and half years.  One of the guy's I work with is in one that raises the dead, and constantly rains elf blood :)
Aren't all embarks supposed to do that  :D

Rodge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 11:20:50 pm »

Their last cycle didnt go so well for them, all the dwarven were chameleons got mauled when a zombie camel went martial on their asses.
This can happen?!

Not only are they contagious... but they can clone themselves... 

Just wait 'til the gobbos come, or just any merchants with swordsmen.

I got to admit, I'm surprised weres can go zombie. I've been under the impression that the only kind of undead state that can stack is anything + necromancer, and that all zooanthropes were classified as undead, so no mix and match. This is a surprise.

An awesome/terrifying surprise.
People keep saying that doing an Evil embark is like experiencing a Zombie Apocalypse but that's not accurate. In a zombie apocalypse the zombies overwhelm the inhabitants corrupting the land and trapping a band of survivors. In DF a group of people with a perfectly fine place to live, look at a corrupted hellhole overrun by the legions of the undead boot them out and say "No, we live here now."

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 11:54:30 pm »

Ooh, can you become a werebeast husk? :D:D:D:D
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 12:37:07 am »

Wait until you find HFS. Given the rate of were-chameleon-zombie replication, you'll have scores of both meet on the surface if you plot things out right. Then we can answer ANOTHER question with !!SCIENCE!!

Are clowns subject to lycanthropy? WERE-CHAMELEON-CLOWN-ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE!

PeanutBuddha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 01:30:32 am »

Wait until you find HFS. Given the rate of were-chameleon-zombie replication, you'll have scores of both meet on the surface if you plot things out right. Then we can answer ANOTHER question with !!SCIENCE!!

+1

Definitely introduce the were-lizards to the clowns. It will either be the makings of the most awesome-est battle ever, or what would be the worst day to go outside. Ever.
...it basically allows the dwarf to become immune to all weapons and dance around blades like a drunken, steel-plated ballerina who's caving in skulls.  It's glorious.
That pony game is terrible, My pony couldn't even Kick other ponies in the head, tearing a tendon and jamming the skull through the brain :"(

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 01:57:56 am »

Then you just need to get them into a moat, or some clear-glass maze.
Go all 13 ghosts on-em.

Good god that would be hell.
Can't imagine what horrible things you would see in that fort.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 02:06:27 am »

Quick, start archiving this fort ASAP

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 02:23:59 am »

Oh, the werezombies... if I hadn't already walled myself off from the world by the time I was visited by some of those, I'm pretty sure I would've been scared as hell. And yes, their regeneration and contagiousness are still fully operational.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 03:10:05 am »

Then you just need to get them into a moat, or some clear-glass maze.
Go all 13 ghosts on-em.

Good god that would be hell.
Can't imagine what horrible things you would see in that fort.

........ Why has this not been done yet!? Just think, every new overseer needs to capture every horror they can find and place them each in there own little glass-walled maze. Have a set of levers that would cause all the walls seperating them for the off chance the goblins get in. Eventualy, trap the demons and extend the maze all the way thru the caverns, ending with a safe room in what was once hell.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 03:36:50 am »

Lycantrophy is already widely known :P
I call it dwarven cloning, but yeah, it can be very annoying, especially since it pushes you close to your fps death.
Also, zombies dont give shit about magma.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 06:30:38 am »

Where's that thread about someone being swamped by the mitosis horde of were-zombies?
Pages: 1 [2]