Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Lycanthropic Undead plague.

(1/6) > >>

Draxxalon:
I've been playing around in a terrifying biome fort, and as the time goes on, the area outside the fort is getting more and more filled with undead-whatever-failed-to-make-it-inside.   

Last night, I got a visit from a were-chameleon.   It came in, tore apart a few zombie-dwarves and zombie-pets, reverted to a snake-woman, and turned to head home before being mobbed by some more zombie-dwarves.

A while (a lunar cycle?) later, I get a message about "so and so has turned into a were-chameleon".  I go look, and one of the zombies (standing next to the (still-dead) corpse of the snake woman has become a were-chameleon.

The new were-chameleon runs off, and tears apart a few undead, and then reverts back to being an undead dwarf.

Another lunar cycle goes by... and I get 3 notifications.   Next cycle.. 5.   

I think the terrifying biome is living up to it's name  8)

I wonder if the zombies can transmit the lycanthropy while in non-were form...

Cellmonk:
This. Is. Awesome. I'm about to do a evil embark. I'll tell you if I get a similar phenomenon in my save.

DungeonJerk:
Dammit, I never get any FUN! like that. Oh sure, I got Haunted Ash thralls. But I never get eyeball ground, or Were-Creatures, and for some reason, even though I upped the Megabeast count, those jerks haven't come a knocking.

Though maybe it has to do with my amount of Dwarves.

Hyndis:
Sounds like you need to have the battlements patrolled by marksdwarves in order to keep the undead at bay. Also, magma. Toss the bodies into the incinerator.

Its the only way to be sure.

Draxxalon:

--- Quote from: Hyndis on March 09, 2012, 07:50:39 pm ---Sounds like you need to have the battlements patrolled by marksdwarves in order to keep the undead at bay. Also, magma. Toss the bodies into the incinerator.

Its the only way to be sure.

--- End quote ---

While it would be useful training for the marksdwarves (once I have them), its largely a waste of ammunition, as they all just get back up after a bit.

There are a few atomsmashers under construction though, as the undead population is already approaching 100, and I'm just entering the second summer.  If not for piece of mind + security sake, I plan to smash some of them for sake of framerate :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version