Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ♠ Pikmin RtD {Turn 3 - The Pikmin} ♠  (Read 8640 times)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
♠ Pikmin RtD {Turn 3 - The Pikmin} ♠
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:28:25 pm »

I present to you, Pikmin: the RtD!

The, now prospering 'Hocotate Freight & Exploration' company has enlisted the help of new captains.

You are one of those captains.

You have been sent on an expedition to a far off planet, your goal seems simple enough; 'With the aid of Captain Olimar's notes, return to the Pikmin Planet in search of Treasure.'
However, the Pikmin Planet is a dangerous place, you'll need your wits, and the aid of the Pikmin to survive...

~~~

((In true Aninimouse fashion, I've probably left out something important, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. If you have questions, ask away.))

Spoiler: Stats and Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pikmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Olimar's Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Captain Roster (click to show/hide)

Character Sheets:

Spoiler: Character's Name: Hank (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:51:34 pm by Aninimouse »
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: ♠ Pikmin RtD {Turn 0 - Sign Up Time} ♠
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:59:50 pm »

[Character sheet incoming]

(this is even more absurdly complex for an RtD than I thought)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:49:08 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:50:50 pm »

(this is even more absurdly complex for an RtD than I thought)

I'm glad I didn't actually go with what I originally planned then. (Even more complex.)

Really, I'd say it looks and seems a bit more complex than it actually is though, mostly due to my possibly poor way of explaining things.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:55:05 pm »

Questions!

Does the Agility bonus to "Speed/Movement Rolls" apply to just yourself or your Pikmin as well?

Are medkits expended on use?

The section on equipment mentions that we get two spacesuit armor slots and two utility slots, but the character sheet only has two slots labeled spacesuit upgrades. Are we supposed to get two armor upgrades and two utility upgrades, two armor upgrades, or two upgrades of any sort?

Health/stamina bonuses seem a bit low. Are those numbers correct?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:18 pm »

I almost want to sign up for the sole purpose of being nolimar.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 12:09:46 am »

Does the Agility bonus to "Speed/Movement Rolls" apply to just yourself or your Pikmin as well?

Just you.

Are medkits expended on use?

Yes.

The section on equipment mentions that we get two spacesuit armor slots and two utility slots, but the character sheet only has two slots labeled spacesuit upgrades. Are we supposed to get two armor upgrades and two utility upgrades, two armor upgrades, or two upgrades of any sort?

Two upgrades, either Utility or Armour. You can start with two Armour, two Utility, or one Armour and one Utility.

Health/stamina bonuses seem a bit low. Are those numbers correct?

Yes, they are correct.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:30:51 am »

When it says +1 to health for 10 endurance points, does that mean 30 would get me +3? Or is that just a one time thing?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 12:32:27 am »

When it says +1 to health for 10 endurance points, does that mean 30 would get me +3? Or is that just a one time thing?

You get +3, they all stack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 12:42:40 am »

I suppose I'll more officially reserve a spot, as a handful of these decisions will require a bit more time to resolve.

EDIT: Actually, by a handful I mean the bio info and bonus/penalty. Everything else was reasonably easy, or at least is finished at this point.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:46:22 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: ♠ Pikmin RtD {Turn 0 - Sign Up Time (Four Spots Open)} ♠
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 01:26:30 am »

So, what's so great about that prototype flare cannon that makes it use up two inventory slots? It seems to do just as much damage as the prototype electrifier and uses more ammunition.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 02:03:00 am »

So, what's so great about that prototype flare cannon that makes it use up two inventory slots? It seems to do just as much damage as the prototype electrifier and uses more ammunition.

It's mostly due to the fact it uses two different types of ammunition, for two different attacks, and it can double as a regular Flare Gun for lighting dark caves or calling for help. Having a Mechanic Upgrade it will probably be a bit easier early on than the other weapons as well.

It'd only cost 1.5 Starting Inventory Slots if it were possible though. :P

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 02:03:40 am »

*Takes one look at character sheet*
Oh, hell no.
 Posting to watch.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 02:11:28 am »

*Takes one look at character sheet*
Oh, hell no.
 Posting to watch.

Haha.

Well, I'm not sure if I've underestimated the complexity of it, or all the rambling in the main post makes it seem like it's more complex than it is...

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 03:39:17 am »

Well, I'm not sure if I've underestimated the complexity of it, or all the rambling in the main post makes it seem like it's more complex than it is...
Probably the rambling. I think it'll do just fine.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Yes, I just made the Pikmin version of Duke Nukem. Also, see if you can guess by my inventory which of the weapons is hideously overpowered next to the others.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:45:05 pm by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 07:37:07 am »

PIKMIN!  :D

In.

And the complexity is only an Illusion. You get used to walls of text when you do a lot of reading  ;D

Spoiler: Sheet Completed (click to show/hide)
So I still have 0 empty Suit Upgrades, 0 empty Utility Upgrades and 4 empty inventory slots due to the Utility.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:44:22 am by Tiruin »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4