Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: «JOLLY BASTION 34.10v5» happy graphics pack (true-to-ascii, warm colours)  (Read 163918 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

I think the sand/water tiles still look a bit metallic. I think it's because of the gradient you're using around it.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88598

Something like that is something that works really well, As you can see here my white sand floor looks like a tiled floor of polished metal:

The water doesn't look too bad, and it's not too bad in stone either but things like the soils like that I'm pretty sure the gradient you have around it makes it look metallic. Or something else, I don't know.

I really like the extra derp on the 12x12 faces, but the text is too stretched for it, I think you would have been better off just keeping it the same size and centering it or having slightly less of a stretch.

But also, using transparencies and gradients for your ramps and such, so fucking beautiful.

Your above ground icons for the tops of trees and such as well are very nice.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just when I thought I'd perfected the look of my tileset. Curse you, evil tileset maker. This is beautiful.

After playing with it for a while, it is beautiful, but it takes some getting used to. Adventure mode confused me at first, especially with the slopes. Wish there was a way around the period/floor tile oddity. I also agree about the dwarves. The derp on the 12x12 dwarves is just a little too big, personally. As for your mod idea, I don't care for mods personally, as I try to stick with vanilla DF as much as possible. It sounds fun though. I think I'll stick with this tileset & colour scheme for a while yet. Great work!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:28:49 pm by Taffer »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I tested this on my mod, works very well. Only problem I found is that truetype messes it up, with both my selfmade font, and the original from df. But that is not a big deal, just toggle it with F12.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile

But also, using transparencies and gradients for your ramps and such, so fucking beautiful.

This a thousand times. It's also much, much more readable for a newbie. I can't speak for anyone else but it took me a while to visualize the depth and elevation, yet it's a cinch with this tileset.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile

your tileset is very easy on the eyes. prolly great for people who dont like the sharp, almost painful colors of the original ascii game.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

Wow.

Beautiful.

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm still having some crash issues. Is there anything about this tileset that would strain an older computer or could there be something in the inits that gets screwed up during its installation.

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really love the colors and font, but the dwarves should have beards!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really love the colors and font, but the dwarves should have beards!
I assumed they were happier without them.

I regret saying that.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm still having some crash issues. Is there anything about this tileset that would strain an older computer or could there be something in the inits that gets screwed up during its installation.

There isn't, at least on the Windows/Linux copy. The only thing I can think of is the raw file change. I never change the raws without generating a new world. You might try that. Barring that, you copied it wrong, or the copy you downloaded was incomplete or corrupted. Try downloading a fresh copy of DF, a fresh copy of Jolly Bastion, copy the files over, and try again.

If you use a Mac, Armok help you, because I can't. You can try downloading the familar Mac version of DF from the website and copying over the Windows/Linux version of Jolly Bastion, as the files will work fine on a Mac. You'll lose the fancy icon, and the .app support. The tileset and colours will work.

Files modified
raw/objects/plant_standard.txt[Changes shrub tile to not interfere with quotation marks]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:20:53 am by Taffer »

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure why, but since installing this the game will often become "unfocused" when I use the shift key to move the cursor faster. It's rather irritating having to pick up my mouse to refocus Dwarf Fortress.

What on earth could be causing this?

I'd also love for the dwarves to be bearded. :)

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I'm not sure why, but since installing this the game will often become "unfocused" when I use the shift key to move the cursor faster. It's rather irritating having to pick up my mouse to refocus Dwarf Fortress.

What on earth could be causing this?

I'd also love for the dwarves to be bearded. :)

I changed the render mode (in init.txt) to standard to ensure full-screen works on OSX, try changing it to 2D (and play windowed if you're on a Mac).

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I changed the render mode (in init.txt) to standard to ensure full-screen works on OSX, try changing it to 2D (and play windowed if you're on a Mac).

Unfortunately that didn't fix it, on Windows. Is anyone else having this problem? It's most noticeable when designating buildings and using shift + arrow keys to zoom around.

I'm beginning to think it's just my computer, and in that case it's only a minor inconvenience. Not a big enough one to make me switch tile sets at least! ;)

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile

I really like this Alexander, it's very original.

@Rushmik: If the shift key is changing the zoom, maybe there's something wrong with your keybindings? I not sure how this would have happened though.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like this Alexander, it's very original.

@Rushmik: If the shift key is changing the zoom, maybe there's something wrong with your keybindings? I not sure how this would have happened though.

It's not changing the zoom, it's un-focusing on DwarfFortress.exe, meaning I have to click on the window to be able to do anything again. It doesn't seem to be focusing on any other application either. ???

I just built my first door and love how 3D yet simple they are.

P.S. You really need a pic showcasing your brilliant elevation transitions in the first post!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:25:04 am by Rushmik »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10