Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: «JOLLY BASTION 34.10v5» happy graphics pack (true-to-ascii, warm colours)  (Read 164511 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any plans for barrel, mechanism and hatch tiles? I'm surprised you don't have them. The latter two as tiles, in my experience, mess up the occasional name somewhere, but this is rare, and screw pumps aside there's little consequence to having a barrel tile over the ascii in my experience. That specific tile will need to be inverted, as a heads up.

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Any plans for barrel, mechanism and hatch tiles? I'm surprised you don't have them. The latter two as tiles, in my experience, mess up the occasional name somewhere, but this is rare, and screw pumps aside there's little consequence to having a barrel tile over the ascii in my experience. That specific tile will need to be inverted, as a heads up.

Yes, they've actually been in the tileset before I released it, but I'm still not happy with their silhouettes and contrast. Unfortunately like the !! tile, with a non 0,0,0 background, the barrel is not a simple case of inverting. :(

That said, here's the current versions of the colours + 9x12 tileset for everyone. I'm moving house today, so I won't have internet for about a month. So at least people can install these fixes if the release version is too annoying.

Tileset:

New magenta and red:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

All three of those don't show up in text I'm pretty sure.

Just so you guys know as well, I have also made a warm coloring for this tileset, based from my ascii warm colorscheme.
Jolly Bastion Warm Colorset
...The colors I found pretty interesting as well, I did play around with my own schemes though and my colors are far too dark for his tileset, so I wanted to have my warm scheme transfer over and work for his tileset. I've received his permission to post this here as he was also a fan of my tiles and colors up till he made JB, so I give you: Warm Jolly Bastion. Colors were brightened up to match the tileset, and some were slightly altered.

Preview:
Color code:

EDIT: Those barrels look pretty interesting, kinda like canopic jars. Your water/sand looks far better now. Mechanisms and hatch-covers are pretty nice.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:00:24 pm by Vherid »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um, why did you make stones almost invisible? Is there any way to change it myself?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um, why did you make stones almost invisible? Is there any way to change it myself?

I think the stones are fairly visible myself, but I digress. Edit the eighth tile from the left on the top row, just to the right of the trees.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile

I quite like it this way. A hallway uncleared of stone looks "dirty with rubble" instead of "brimming with boulders", so it takes a while longer for the OCD tendencies to set in.

Minamikaze

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I like this sharp contrast between joyful appearance and (mostly) hideous events. Just imagine burning dwarves of Boatmurdered. Burning. And smiling.
Soon we'll be seeing Zombified Puddles of burnt Primordial soup.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the stones are fairly visible myself, but I digress. Edit the eighth tile from the left on the top row, just to the right of the trees.
Thanks.
Also:

The encircled are muddy obsidian walls (yes I/m a dirty cheater), the tiles north of them are muddy floors, the same happens when blood spatter gets on them. Furthermore while there was water some mud tiles would be placed over it effectively hiding the amount of disaster.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to request permission to use this as the default tile-set (with credits to you) for an upcoming conversion mod I plan to release, as it is excellent and well suited for what I intend to accomplish. :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:53:44 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile

Would you be okay with me including this with Lazy Newb Pack?
I made a test add-on pack with it here just to see how things might work (you have to have the base pack first)
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile

God above, this tileset is beautiful!

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to request permission to use this as the default tile-set (with credits to you) for an upcoming conversion mod I plan to release, as it is excellent and well suited for what I intend to accomplish. :D
Would you be okay with me including this with Lazy Newb Pack?
I made a test add-on pack with it here just to see how things might work (you have to have the base pack first)

Y'all might be waiting a while.

...That said, here's the current versions of the colours + 9x12 tileset for everyone. I'm moving house today, so I won't have internet for about a month. So at least people can install these fixes if the release version is too annoying.

Just thought I'd give people a heads up. Emphasis mine.

Thanks.
Also:

The encircled are muddy obsidian walls (yes I/m a dirty cheater), the tiles north of them are muddy floors, the same happens when blood spatter gets on them. Furthermore while there was water some mud tiles would be placed over it effectively hiding the amount of disaster.

I confess that I don't know what to do about that, and haven't experienced it.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

I'm going to assume that you guys should be able to use it in your mods, I'm sure he would be fine with it, he had no problem with meph using it.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile

I'm not sure why, but since installing this the game will often become "unfocused" when I use the shift key to move the cursor faster. It's rather irritating having to pick up my mouse to refocus Dwarf Fortress.

What on earth could be causing this?

I'd also love for the dwarves to be bearded. :)

For the record, this turned out to be a bug with my save file or something. I abandoned and deleted the save, started over and now have no problem zooming around the map.

In other words don't worry about fixing it. And to anyone having the same problem, you can fix it this way.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My girlfriend would love this. I definately have to show her this :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10