Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: «JOLLY BASTION 34.10v5» happy graphics pack (true-to-ascii, warm colours)  (Read 164540 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Wow, this has to be the first tileset I've seen that I don't instantly dislike... It's like it somehow changes the feel of DF without ruining it, or something. Great job! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist McAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice one... Reminds me of the Settlers font... Old ones...
Gj

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Just checkin' in quickly from a net cafe.

I would like to request permission to use this as the default tile-set (with credits to you) for an upcoming conversion mod I plan to release, as it is excellent and well suited for what I intend to accomplish. :D
Would you be okay with me including this with Lazy Newb Pack?
I made a test add-on pack with it here just to see how things might work (you have to have the base pack first)

Sure, go right ahead guys. Anyone else who wants to can use this tileset with credit as well.

starvingpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also:

The encircled are muddy obsidian walls (yes I/m a dirty cheater), the tiles north of them are muddy floors, the same happens when blood spatter gets on them. Furthermore while there was water some mud tiles would be placed over it effectively hiding the amount of disaster.

I hope your move is going well -

I really like this set, it's just the mud / blood on the floors and walls that is preventing me from using it 24/7:

I'm sort of in the same boat, everything is great until we get to the mud / blood spatter problem; everything obfuscates.  Here's my example (while digging through an aquifer)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope these help!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:33:49 am by starvingpoet »

wanpisu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Best tileset ever, please keep the good work up!

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Blood issue has been fixed, thanks for all the images, it made it a million times easier to figure out (really silly mistake, in the end).

Net getting hooked up next Thursday, probably, will upload updates for testing then.

CowThing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope the move went well for you, Alex!

Does this pack work with the 34.06 update?  I know it edits one of the raw's, not sure if that conflicts with the update or not.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Swick!
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I hope the move went well for you, Alex!

Does this pack work with the 34.06 update?  I know it edits one of the raw's, not sure if that conflicts with the update or not.

Yep, works fine for me, at any rate. :P

Here's the latest version, lots of changes, the big ones I'm not sure about are cleaning up text display (at the cost of textured underground), and the depth in certain objects.

Anyway, let me know what you all think, and if this breaks anything (I know the dead-tree tile will ruin something...)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

You like my stoic humans? haha. That face is perfect for the traders. I'm excited to try this out though, quite a few changes.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:14:41 pm by Vherid »

Giant_Centipede

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The new one looks great! Would love a 12x12 version when you get the time. Cheers for the excellent work.

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

You like my stoic humans? haha. That face is perfect for the traders. I'm excited to try this out though, quite a few changes.
I sure do! :D
Weird thing is, everything in this version was done before I saw your new one. Great minds think alike, I guess. :P
I mainly had berserk dwarves in mind though, looked hilarious having the one non-smiley guy beating up all his friends for being too happy.
The new one looks great! Would love a 12x12 version when you get the time. Cheers for the excellent work.
Yep, when the release rolls around it will have a 12x12 version, it's just faster to do versions for testing changes on only the 9x12. :)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

I mainly had berserk dwarves in mind though, looked hilarious having the one non-smiley guy beating up all his friends for being too happy.

Hahaha.

Lord Bodak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Any chance you could give us a quick "I'm too stupid to figure it out myself" explanation on how to get the 34.06 update into the Mac app you provided?

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Any chance you could give us a quick "I'm too stupid to figure it out myself" explanation on how to get the 34.06 update into the Mac app you provided?

Oh right. You can just overwrite the all the files, it should still work, so:

• Right click Dwarf Fortress => Show Package Contents
  • Go into Contents => Resources
  • Chuck the latest version of DF into there
  • Install Jolly Bastion from the stand-alone version (but copy the files one directory at a time. Remember that pasting wipes existing contents of directories on OSX!)

An updated app will come before next Monday, if this doesn't work.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10