Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: «JOLLY BASTION 34.10v5» happy graphics pack (true-to-ascii, warm colours)  (Read 163909 times)

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «JOLLY BASTION 34.07v3» happy graphics pack + OS X .app
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »

I love it. How would i go about putting a creature tile set on it?

Spotty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2012, 03:05:10 am »

I was just looking into creature sets, and I couldn't find anything small enough.  Not surprising, there are so few pixels to work with.  That's exactly what I love about JB; Alexander Ocias did such a great job cramming character and personality into such tiny spaces.

Let me know if you find anything, Mishy.  I'd put time into colour correcting/matching, if I had a graphics set I liked with JB.
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2012, 04:58:30 am »

I would like to have a more squared grid. Rectangles look funky when trying to build symmetrically :P

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2012, 06:45:26 am »

I cant get over how soft it all looks...very pleasant to look at. Nice pack you have here!

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2012, 07:11:19 am »

Thanks for your kind words, everyone!

The new update is out!  I tried it with these tiles.  The minecart tracks use the same texture as smooth walls, which makes it a little bit confusing, and it looks like a monorail.
Yeah, I'm working on a solution, with any luck I'll have at least hacky "texture-rails" going tomorrow, and will worry about the full directional things afterwards. I have at most 20 spare tiles, with 31 tiles necessary for perfect rail graphics, so it'll definitely be an interesting challenge (I'll probably try to overlap with rivers, like other people are trying)

I love it. How would i go about putting a creature tile set on it?
If you have a set in mind that is 9x12 or 12x12, it's as simple as pasting in the /raw/ directory from that set (both in the root, and your save game, mind you!).

Alternatively, to make your own set, check out the magmawiki, it has a great guide on how to create graphics sets.

I would like to have a more squared grid. Rectangles look funky when trying to build symmetrically :P
A 12x12 square version is included, there just aren't any screenshots of it on the front page. :P

Spotty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2012, 03:20:16 pm »

Alternatively, to make your own set, check out the magmawiki, it has a great guide on how to create graphics sets.

I made a bit of a first poke at making a 9x12 set, but found myself completely inept at making anything that small that looked like anything.  If anyone else wants to take a stab, though, I'd most definitely be willing to help out with the time-consuming task of colour-matching to JB.
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »

A 12x12 square version is included, there just aren't any screenshots of it on the front page. :P

Ah! Nice.

Love this pack. BTW.

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Alrighty, new version is up: grab it from the front page! :D

I couldn't find a two-rail solution for the tracks that I really liked, but at least I'll be putting your fortress on the map, just like Ogdenville, North Haverbrook and Brockway:

No .app version anymore, I figure everyone on OSX is using Dwarf Builder by now.

As usual, 9x12 is recommended, 12x12 is included. Let me know if anything's wonky!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

Any way to make a ttf that will work with dfterm2 and putty?

I haven't had good experience using df2ttf tool, but I have made some workarounds, the author claims the problem is with putty's resizing of the fonts.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:54:00 am by thistleknot »

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the DB shout-out AlexanderOcias! Your .app pack is what inspired me to make the builder, so everyone who uses it owes you thanks. =)

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alex, I just watched your show reel.  Very impressive work.  And then I realized you made "Loved!"  I loved Loved!  Keep up the great work; you've got some real talent.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

cherbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where is the OSX App ? :-(

Where is the OSX App ? :-(

Alrighty, new version is up: grab it from the front page! :D

I couldn't find a two-rail solution for the tracks that I really liked, but at least I'll be putting your fortress on the map, just like Ogdenville, North Haverbrook and Brockway:

No .app version anymore, I figure everyone on OSX is using Dwarf Builder by now.

As usual, 9x12 is recommended, 12x12 is included. Let me know if anything's wonky!

AlexanderOcias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Updated to 34.09v5, grab it from the front page. :D

Only important thing in this release is a bug with rails in the d_init has been fixed (don't know why no-one had mentioned it yet)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to post my appreciation for this pack. I don't know why more tilesets don't properly make the distinction between background tiles and 'important' tiles. It makes everything much easier to see, which in a game as complex as this, is no small boon!

Thank you for it! :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10