Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: «JOLLY BASTION 34.10v5» happy graphics pack (true-to-ascii, warm colours)  (Read 163905 times)

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «JOLLY BASTION 34.10v5» happy graphics pack (true-to-ascii, warm colours)
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2013, 04:16:24 pm »

Working for me thanks to this gentleman:

The problem here is that Jolly Bastion is an ASCII tileset, I think the Lazy Newb Pack might not be able to install those properly.
EDIT: A "graphics" folder was missing in the "raw" directory and I had to copy over the "cursor.png" and "cursor.bmp" files from the default ASCII tileset -- it now works perfectly from what I can tell. Here is a *.zip file with both configurations (9x12 and 12x12) which you should be able to use: Jolly Bastion 34.10v5 (Lazy Newb Pack).zip.

Joemit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A texture pack this nice-looking will be really creepy when dwarves are being slaughtered by the hundreds by goblins.
Here at dwarven !!SCIENCE!!s we reanimate the whole corpse! That's 60% more corpse per corpse!

Spacefox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi AlexanderOcias :)

I love the colour schemes and the clean look you brought to DF. It's also why i've used your color scheme in my own pack and also referenced your walls and doors.

You can find my pack here ----> http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129219.0

Once i finish it, i'll be giving you full credit for your work.

Thanks again.

cheesysteak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2013, 09:09:35 pm »

I love this, but I'm a complete newb to dwarf fortress... How do I actually install this?

I'm trying to use the lazy newb pack to install it, and just copy/pasting the data & raw folders into LNP/Graphics/Jolly Bastion/ doesn't seem to work -- I'm getting errors when I tell LNP to install the pack.

I'm clearly doing something wrong, but I don't know what, and I'm not really sure where else to ask for help (sorry if this is the wrong place, though).

Edit: I just downloaded the expanded LNP, since that includes this pack, and it seems to work fine.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:35:05 pm by cheesysteak »

JonathanHolt75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »

Can someone please explain how to install it? maybe make a youtube cuz im a special kind of retarded and cant figure it out through about an hour and a half of searching and playing around. i made a "jolly bastion" folder in graphics. Moved the "data" and "raw" folders from the 9x12, simplified graphics and then tried to install graphics. Simplifying brings an error and installing brings and error. And it is the advanced version of LNP too
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:02:37 pm by JonathanHolt75 »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2013, 12:54:59 am »

If you grab the updated lazy newb pack, this comes pre-set as one of the options, and you just have to choose it in the graphics menu. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

nossr50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2014, 12:54:45 pm »

If you grab the updated lazy newb pack, this comes pre-set as one of the options, and you just have to choose it in the graphics menu.

Just grabbed the newest LNP with Jolly Bastion but all the walls are letters, pretty sure this is not intended.

LNP Jolly Bastion: http://imgur.com/KeQAbIF

ASCII Original: http://imgur.com/EP19XmI

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2014, 01:00:09 pm »

Just grabbed the newest LNP with Jolly Bastion but all the walls are letters, pretty sure this is not intended.

Thats not an issue of this pack, but of the LNP. you should report it there, its a simple matter of inorganics having the wrong tile number. You probably updated the data/art files without updating the save/region/raw/object files, which is why they are not in sync. If you just pushed buttons on the LNP, then it needs to be updated to fix that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nossr50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2014, 01:05:56 pm »

Thats not an issue of this pack, but of the LNP. you should report it there, its a simple matter of inorganics having the wrong tile number. You probably updated the data/art files without updating the save/region/raw/object files, which is why they are not in sync. If you just pushed buttons on the LNP, then it needs to be updated to fix that.

Well yeah, that's kind of why I was replying specifically to the LNP author :P... but I can go post it in his thread.

nossr50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2014, 01:16:06 pm »

After using Jolly Bastion 9x12 for a bit, I want to say my only complaint is that soil looks too 'rough'? Could you make it look softer?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:18:33 am by nossr50 »

you.fail.me

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

any 16x16 version? it would be cool if it exists

Nopal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the necro. I saw this pack on the updated LazyMacPac and realized how much I've missed it.
I wanted to share my edit for anyone that might fancy to tweak this pack like me. Or just wished for a version that was a bit more ASCII-like.

Spoiler: screenshots! (9x12) (click to show/hide)

Of course I also made an edit of the 12x12 version:

Spoiler: screenshots! (12x12) (click to show/hide)
I made another bed graphic as well as a quiver and bin overrides.
unfortunately, I don't know shit about TWBT so this overrides were not included :,\

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]