Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: So they're closing City Of Heroes...  (Read 9116 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So they're closing City Of Heroes...
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 01:09:24 am »

Since Nexon owns majority of NCsoft's shares...I wonder if they had anything to do with it. Arenanet was already forced to hire the head guru cashshop gal from Nexon...that is very infamous on her...well...horrible pay to win cash shops.

(edit: Changed the second NCsoft to Arenanet (the one behind GW2), late night mistake :P)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:43:41 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 08:12:08 pm »

Yeah, only a few days left. Alas!

So I've been playing CoH pretty heavily lately (one last "hoorah" and all that) and while originally my plan was to try to get my tank to 50, it's not going to happen unless I play more than I'd want to (currently at 42). I think my "bucket list" at the moment is do eden trial one last time, kill the seed of hamidon, and get a team together to run through my old mission architect arc... might also try to get a Sara Moore or Faathim tf done, but those shadow shard TFs take awhile so dunno' if I can fit either in.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 09:21:05 pm »

I've wanted to do Lady Grey TF, but no one will bite. Playing on Beta, anyway, so not as many people, but everything on market is free. Got a lowbie blaster on Triumph, lvl 14.

How is Shadow Shard? There, as well as most of the rogue isles and pvp zones, I haven't explored much.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »

Shadow Shard's one of the coolest zones (well, it's 4 zones: Firebase Zulu, Cascade Archipeligo, Chantry, and Storm Palace). It's comprised of unconnected floating islands populated by minions of Rularuu, reflections, Nemesis, and Crey... the main attraction being the Rularuu, who are one of the more difficult enemy groups in the game. There are some contacts with repeatable missions involving Rularuu, but most shadow shard content comes in the form of 4 taskforces: Dr. Quaterfield (never done this tf considering a "quick" run of it takes about 6 hours and there's no AV), Sara Moore, Justine Augustine, and Faathim the Kind. Teams don't go into the shadow shard that often because each zone is huge and getting around without flight is a pain.

Here's some old Shadow Shard related shots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »

Ah, those shots remind me of one of my favorite things: the sheer variety and volume of special effects that fill so small a space when in a large team!

Anyway, only thing left I really really want to do that I can is organize one last Hami-raid. Anyone have a lvl 50 or incarnate on Beta and want to join? We spawned him last week but couldn't gather enough people to hurt him.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »

Well, I don't know about test server or hamidon raid, but there's going to be a Ritki Mothership raid on Virtue server in about a half hour from now.

On a side note, finally got a team together to kill seed of hamidon earlier (only giant monster I had never killed before). Huzzah!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 03:47:25 am »

Well, Beta just shutdown, the last light to go out. With its closing, all servers are down. However, someone wrote a fanon story about how the world ended, and on the Beta server, the devs let players use modpowers to make it actually happen. Here's the epic conclusion. Only happened on Beta, likely not canon.

Basically, the Hamidons of Praetoria and Primal were combined, and he ascended to a higher plane of existence. This, along with bringing in Rularuu at the cost of Emperor Cole's life was needed to fight the Battalion. RWZ filled up with all forms of Hamidon.

That was wednesday. Tonight, he fought the hordes of the DE until the end, killing 2 Hamidons, dozens of seeds, and one Avatar of Hamidon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:48:59 pm by HugoLuman »

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 02:19:57 pm »

Heh, I saw those Hamidons when I logged in briefly to demorecord an alt. I made a point of not logging in for the end; I had dinged 50 of my tanker earlier in the day while fighting Romulus in the ITF so figured I'd end on a high note.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 02:32:05 pm »

and there goes one of the greatest MMORPGs of all time.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2012, 04:14:35 pm »

Game's still dead, but if anyone happens to have the i24 beta client still installed, a scholarly gentleman with the forum moniker Codewalker got the costume creator up and running. It also has some unreleased costume parts.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7243.80.html

On a related note, a golfing merman.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2012, 08:07:46 pm »

That is the best news I've heard all day. About the costume maker, that is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]