Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 226619 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #330 on: April 16, 2012, 04:16:11 pm »

Yea, I dont think its supposed to open doors either, but I think it can easily break through them, which is why they need to rotate several class D groups everyday, just to make sure something is staring at it at all times, IIRC. Just an incosistency he'll prob fix.

Anyway, I like how this is going. It was genuinely unsettling and scary without abusing shock horror, which is what every wannabe horror game does these days, with very rare, successful exceptions, like penumbra and amnesia, which make use of it, but sparingly.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 16, 2012, 04:18:58 pm »

The problem a lot of things in the horror genre suffer from is the creator trying too hard. Less is more in horror. You don't need fancy effects if you can just make your audience think about what is happening. If you do that much they'll do the rest for you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 16, 2012, 05:10:29 pm »

Yea, I dont think its supposed to open doors either,
Actually it can press buttons.You'd need to lock the doors.And it doesn't need to break any door either.It can just go through the vents.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2012, 05:28:50 pm »

The thing I always wonder with these things is why people don't just alternate blinking their eyes individually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 16, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »

The thing I always wonder is how they manage to have such a short blink time. If you don't strain your eyes you can go for a long time without blinking. I've never even seen the upper limit.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 16, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »

The thing I always wonder with these things is why people don't just alternate blinking their eyes individually.

Just try sustaining that for a long period of time.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 16, 2012, 05:45:11 pm »

The thing I always wonder is how they manage to have such a short blink time. If you don't strain your eyes you can go for a long time without blinking. I've never even seen the upper limit.

Probably for the same reason most people can walk across a thin bar half a foot off the ground with ease, but would fall from the same bar if it was raised to a 100 feet.  Fear messes you up.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2012, 07:22:55 pm »

a)can't do it for a long time
b) I recall a testing log where they did this, and it was still able to move somewhat. just slower
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02:30 pm »

Too scary to play alone ;_;

I get to the first gas room with the camera, but I just cannot get myself to open the door and go through.

EDIT: The Old Man is horrifying. I couldn't figure out what to do after he showed up. I just ended up running in a circle and got myself killed. His glowing eyes just get your heart pounding...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:05:10 pm by Sting_Auer »
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2012, 08:15:27 pm »

Wait, the old man is in the game already? I've played like 4 times already but I haven't found him :o
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16:17 pm »

Wait, the old man is in the game already? I've played like 4 times already but I haven't found him :o

You, sir, don't look behind yourself enough.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 16, 2012, 08:18:00 pm »

You, sir, don't look behind yourself enough.
Looking back is what gets you killed. Run until you can run no more.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2012, 08:28:24 pm »

I kept getting stuck in dead-end hallways with doors that don't open ;_;

I think if I time my sprinting right and get him close to a wall, I can sprint around him. I'm not sure though.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 16, 2012, 08:47:29 pm »

I just had a weird glitch thing. Just after the start after I closed the 2nd door, as I turned around open the third one in the corridor I heard the noise it makes while moving and then noticed ONE OF ITS ARMS IN FRONT OF ME OH GOD. Apparently your line of sight is wider then you can actualy see, because its body was just out of my view in the right corner of my eyes.
So I need to turn and stare at it to make sure.

*Stares*
*Notices the lower part of its face*

NOPENOPENOPENOPE

So I turn around and run, but it seems it had glitched onto my model or something, cause it was def moving with me as I walked. I even blinked a few times and it did nothing. So I we were waltzing around in the scariest brohug in history and I'm all like LOL I WIN DA GAEMS NBD*crack*.

Apparently picking a gas mask up unglitched it :C

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2012, 02:07:29 am »

Dont know if this has been suggested before but do you think SCP-531 would work on 682?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54