Poll

[placeholder]

[placeholder]
- 4 (33.3%)
[placeholder]
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Descent Into Madness - Freeform RPG  (Read 30885 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Forms of Freedom - Freeform RPG
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 08:40:27 pm »

The Lovecraft ship is sounding better and better by the minute.  It sort of reminds me of Dead Space, except in a victorian science fiction kind of way.

This should be fun. *Cackles Ominously*

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 08:42:04 pm »

The colony ship is immoblie, think of it as a really big Rapture in space with Lovecraft writing it, along with the steampunk and wild west elemnts more strongly imposed. Contry size is fine. The goal for many is to get off the ship, the escape pods are on the lowest deck, you start on the top deck and things get way worse as you progress down, good luck.

Wait a minute. They have to have some sort of on ship agriculture right? mwahahahaha.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 08:43:43 pm »

Also, a giant kumquat rules the land. There's really a revolution of the smaller kumquats going on, except none of the humans know.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 08:44:17 pm »

Also, a giant kumquat rules the land. There's really a revolution of the smaller kumquats going on, except none of the humans know.
Powder Miner, you sir are a genius.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 08:45:16 pm »

Agriculture is on one of the middle decks, expect any and all kumquats to come with orrbile things inside them and cause madness if eaten, and probably talk.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »

Seems like something one would find in a Douglas Adams novel.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:47:00 pm »

Agriculture is on one of the middle decks, expect any and all kumquats to come with orrbile things inside them and cause madness if eaten, and probably talk.

I like that!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 08:54:34 pm »

As the ship draws closer, I am starting to get ideas... I'm thinking maybe we could start the game right before everything goes to shit.

Also, after the poll is up tomorrow, I'll be writing backstory for the ship.  Just PM me with input if you want to contriubute to things such as the name of the ship and other establishments, and notable places on the ship.  I of course won't let you know if something gets added, to make things interesting and keep some surprises.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 08:57:02 pm »

The thing about the colony ship is that thry made it so that I would have muptile climates for everyone. If you wanted a adventure in Egypt go to deck 224 for Runis of Pankoth, if you wanted a taste of the Old Country go to Deck 571 for Castle vehrnspelcure. This setting is desgined for any genere to bel pushed in, with Lovecraftian steampunkishness of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 08:58:13 pm »

The thing about the colony ship is that thry made it so that I would have muptile climates for everyone. If you wanted a adventure in Egypt go to deck 224 for Runis of Pankoth, if you wanted a taste of the Old Country go to Deck 571 for Castle vehrnspelcure. This setting is desgined for any genere to bel pushed in, with Lovecraftian steampunkishness of course.
Please no, just keep it to Lovecraft Steampunk. Doesn't make sense with the technology level that steampunk is at, and just makes it to silly.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »

But the ship was kind of desgined around that and Lovecraftian Rapture with cowboys...

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »

Please no, just keep it to Lovecraft Steampunk. Doesn't make sense with the technology level that steampunk is at, and just makes it to silly.
I don't think having a shitton of climates is a very good idea; it gets very confusing very fast, though some variation in the decoration and design of the decks would be excellent. 
Also start drawing up some characters and notable NPCs, if you havn't already. 
Also, everybody should choose a deck or two to customize to your liking, but make sure it's before the shit hits the fan, not after.
But the ship was kind of desgined around that and Lovecraftian Rapture with cowboys...
I havn't played bioshock, though I know what rapture is.  The ship, if rapture sized, would be more the size of a sprawling metropolis than anything, and while the climate thing was a good idea, as previously stated, it sometimes can get pretty damn confusing.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »

I agree. This seems like taking only a few steps in every direction. We want to go on an adventure. Let's stick to steam punk and lovecraftian with maybe some whacky kumquat mindbenders thrown in for spice.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »

And by customize a deck or two, I meant choose a style and or theam for a couple of decks (such as room design and paint job.).

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:44 pm »

Bigger than Rapture tho.
All right, one of the orignal images I got in my mind while think up this was a warrior on clockwork horseback riding off to a distant necromancers tower in a Coanesque setting expect for the giant metal celing above, cut down Necronomcion and clockwerk riflein hand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18