Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: UPDATE: Gedor Puzzlesneak rampages through worldgen, kills 87763  (Read 76848 times)

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE: Gedor Puzzlesneak rampages through worldgen, kills 87763
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2012, 07:42:36 am »

HER kills :P
Oh, and her full title is Gedor Puzzlesneak the Knot of Hexes, in case anyone cares.
I like to imagine that, during her century-long imprisonment, the humans TRIED to kill her any way they could, but failed miserably.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-682
I think this might be relevant. Deadly monster trapped by humans desperately trying to kill it.
Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2012, 07:47:24 am »

Oh, and her full title is Gedor Puzzlesneak the Knot of Hexes, in case anyone cares.
I like to imagine that, during her century-long imprisonment, the humans TRIED to kill her any way they could, but failed miserably.

I think this might be relevant. Deadly monster trapped by humans desperately trying to kill it.

I love that SCP. Dwarf Challenge: Fire large abominations into the sun
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2012, 06:06:48 pm »

When test-embarking on a potential site to see if it had iron, I saw an alligator get caught in a husk vapor cloud. I immediately thought of SCP-682. ^_____^
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Chronomancer

• Bay Watcher
  • save.us_Y2J
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2012, 10:24:28 pm »

What's an scp?
I LOST THE GAME

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2012, 11:08:43 pm »

SCP is a recent site that's sprung up that attempts to categorise pretend/real/whatever characters as contained for the good of humanity.

Gedor would probably classify as 682.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2012, 11:33:41 pm »

Only in terms of ability to kill large swathes of foes and overwhelming hatred for all that lives. Those are really the only similarities.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2012, 11:36:20 pm »

SCP is a recent site that's sprung up that attempts to categorise pretend/real/whatever characters as contained for the good of humanity.

Gedor would probably classify as 682.

If by "recent", you mean "5 years ago", then yeah. >_>

And they're all fake. Fakey fake fake. It's fiction. A fiction-writing wiki with a theme and quality control.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2012, 11:46:07 pm »

The scp website is itself ans scp.

It has managed to activate the voracious consumption pathway of my nervous system, despite the fact that 100% of entries are fictional. Normally this process is reserved for particularly novel scientific developments and papers.

I hope the poster of the link is satisfied in having made me waste upwards of 6 hours of my life doing nothing but reading ficticious redacted containment reports.  The reports surrounding the extradimensional vending machine that only accepts yen were particularly entertaining.

I am fighting the compulsion to add to this vast swath of gestalt web-culture insanity. The fact that it is licensed CC:SA makes it an interesting "monster concept" repository for budding horror novelists or scriptwriters. A cross analysis against TVtropes would yeild horrifically splendid fruit.

I shall have to expose somebody I have literary discussions with to this quagmire. It contains pertinent themes to a project he is working on.

Again, congratulations on preventing me from doing my regularly scheduled work activities.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2012, 11:47:34 pm »

The scp website is itself ans scp.

It has managed to activate the voracious consumption pathway of my nervous system, despite the fact that 100% of entries are fictional. Normally this process is reserved for particularly novel scientific developments and papers.

I hope the poster of the link is satisfied in having made me waste upwards of 6 hours of my life doing nothing but reading ficticious redacted containment reports.  The reports surrounding the extradimensional vending machine that only accepts yen were particularly entertaining.

I am fighting the compulsion to add to this vast swath of gestalt web-culture insanity. The fact that it is licensed CC:SA makes it an interesting "monster concept" repository for budding horror novelists or scriptwriters. A cross analysis against TVtropes would yeild horrifically splendid fruit.

I shall have to expose somebody I have literary discussions with to this quagmire. It contains pertinent themes to a project he is working on.

Again, congratulations on preventing me from doing my regularly scheduled work activities.

Join us

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2012, 12:07:30 am »

Can't. I have to drive home soon. Also, Bay12 represents a considerable enough distraction that adding to the list would render me incapable of doing my job, which is bad.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2012, 05:45:59 am »

I spent a whole 40 minutes reading SCP instead of typing up a prac. D:

Time to block that site.

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2012, 02:07:49 am »

Cacame, Vanod and Morul versus Gedor. Who would win?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2012, 02:12:49 am »

Two month necro.....
Gedor would win.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2012, 03:41:45 am »

Wow, this guy is insane. I once saw a lizard monster that with 15k kills (he fight a docen batlles 1000-1, and win all of them, until he was
killed by an unamed ogre),but hell, this one is way more evil.
Did Gedor devoured all his victims?
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9