Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: UPDATE: Gedor Puzzlesneak rampages through worldgen, kills 87763  (Read 76499 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Just genned a world with the nastiest demon ever.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 12:55:27 am »

Brutal.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 02:23:37 am »

Holy shit. I wish she could be found in adventure mode just to get a LOOK at her. Battles like that, she must have some hellacious scars going on, and a mountain of bone/nail/hair jewelry.

foikin' hell.

Now we need a way to possess NPCs and play them in adventure mode.
This space for rent

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 02:27:11 am »

More like a well-equipped army of 2000 every 4 years, but yeah. And then she CHOWS DOWN.

This is probably symptomatic of the problematic way DF simulates military battles. It essentially treats them as a series of duels, so an army of 2,000 won't be able to kill anything that one of those 2,000 couldn't kill individually.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 02:53:30 am »

wait why cant we find dark towers?

luppolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 02:59:47 am »

can the seed be extracted from save file?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 03:09:38 am »

More like a well-equipped army of 2000 every 4 years, but yeah. And then she CHOWS DOWN.

This is probably symptomatic of the problematic way DF simulates military battles. It essentially treats them as a series of duels, so an army of 2,000 won't be able to kill anything that one of those 2,000 couldn't kill individually.
The 300 Spartans would be proud.

Anyway, my goodness that is a lot of goddamn kills.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 03:51:47 am »

wait why cant we find dark towers?

Non-human settlements (including dark towers, forest retreats etc) simply don't show up in adventure mode at the moment. I think Toady hasn't got round to making them yet.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 03:53:09 am »

Fifty thousand six hundred and thirty-one...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 04:33:26 am »

Is that kill count new record? Tholtig has ONLY two-thousand three-hundred forty-one kills.

And yeah, that's pretty much the reason why Dwarf Fortress is best game ever. No other game generates worlds full of stories like that.

And I'm going to make a fortress to that save, just because I want see Gedor Puzzlesneak the Knot of Hexes in action.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 05:02:11 am »

I don't know how contact with goblin civs works, so you may want to embark in the bottom right section so they're the nearest goblin civ or something.

Also, FoiledFencer, that is NOT counting the 3820 named kills! Total sentient killcount is actually fifty-four thousand four hundred and forty-one. 54 451.

Of course, it's also symptomatic of it being a holy shit giant elephant. ;-)
Every battle pretty much went like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wucEINuw5gg
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:07:26 am by Frogwarrior »
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Just genned a world with the nastiest demon ever. 54451 sentient kills.
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 05:30:16 am »

My god. And here I thought my coyote demon with 4,500 kills total was awesome.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 05:47:02 am »

250 years. Of course, none of those kills were before she escaped from imprisonment in 159... so she got all of those in less than 100 years.
Okay so say 90 years, assume that a DF year is 365 days, then it's 365x90 = 32850. So we divide the number of kills by the number of days 50631 and we get 1.54 approx.
There's a book title right there.
"Start your day with murder (and a half!), by Gedor Puzzlesneak the Knot of Hexes"
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 05:56:56 am »

I have seen books titled "Start Your Day with Annihilation," although not in this world. This world does have a prolific llama brute author, who wrote a book "Hell Is My Life" about The Underworld... Fun!
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Marble_Nuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Real dwarf dig deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 07:26:51 am »

Seriously guys, someone gotta record that and make a page on the dwarf wiki with a seed to the map so people can witness the monster by themself :D

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 07:41:07 am »

*insert Boatmurdered joke here*

Also that is awesome. Is it me or DF2012 has far longer kill counts than DF2010 ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:43:34 am by Naryar »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9