Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 783520 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1830 on: May 13, 2014, 04:58:24 pm »

Firstly, I can't wait to hear how you managed that. Did you fight him on the lip of a volcano? How did you get him there? You lost a finger - like Frodo at Mount Doom? Was this all done without hacking?

Secondly, you haven't killed him. See that pool of dwarf grease? You melted his fat off. He's not dead, he's angry.

I have pictures of the whole affair. Also effectively he is dead he can't escape the magma. I am at work and will post my update in 2 or so hours. A lot happened between the first update and that snapshot. I did not hack in any form ti kill Dishmab the pictures will show the chain of events.
FTFY
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 13, 2014, 06:49:02 pm »

Firstly, I can't wait to hear how you managed that. Did you fight him on the lip of a volcano? How did you get him there? You lost a finger - like Frodo at Mount Doom? Was this all done without hacking?

Secondly, you haven't killed him. See that pool of dwarf grease? You melted his fat off. He's not dead, he's angry.

I have pictures of the whole affair. Also effectively he is dead he can't escape the magma. I am at work and will post my update in 2 or so hours. A lot happened between the first update and that snapshot. I did not hack in any form ti kill Dishmab the pictures will show the chain of events.
FTFY

Sorry apparently my phone fucked it up

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 13, 2014, 07:42:06 pm »

I'll find a way to rescue Dishmab! He cannot die! :)

Your turn is shaping up to be a good one dude. Hope you get the chance to visit my fort too.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 13, 2014, 08:07:06 pm »

I'll find a way to rescue Dishmab! He cannot die! :)

Your turn is shaping up to be a good one dude. Hope you get the chance to visit my fort too.

You'd have to hack out all the magma out and replace it with water so he could swim up. Its the only solution. I knew I couldn't beat him in Hand to Hand Combat so I permanently trapped the bastard. At the bottom of the magma sea.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 13, 2014, 08:08:36 pm »

I think you could swim up just fine if you took control of him. True that the AI isn't smart enough to figure that out, but alt-moving should work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 13, 2014, 08:16:05 pm »

I think you could swim up just fine if you took control of him. True that the AI isn't smart enough to figure that out, but alt-moving should work.

I've tried swimming in magma before... You sink like a stone unless the magma is 1z level deep.

Also before I left I was lugging a Dragons corpse and took one last check on Dishmab....

Well he no longer has skin and every part of his body was spurting blood
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:27:26 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 13, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »

What is your fortress Kesperan? DOnt tell me its #33 because it crashes my game.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:17:28 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 13, 2014, 09:53:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welcome to the Prairie of Combinations.

Hey its pretty laggy good thing I saved I think it might crash--- eh I'll see why its so lag- oh my god!

This was a new fortress and it was laggy as shiiiiit. I dont even know how this shit could happen

------------------

I have gone to Combined Locks there's a drawbridge blocking entrance to the fortress and its lagging like hell. I assume there's some sort of hidden lever to open the gate I tried entering from above but its connection to the volcano is blocked
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:32:22 pm by Kromgar »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 14, 2014, 02:00:39 am »

I have gone to Combined Locks there's a drawbridge blocking entrance to the fortress and its lagging like hell. I assume there's some sort of hidden lever to open the gate I tried entering from above but its connection to the volcano is blocked

Iirc, I set it up so you needed to use either lateral thinking to get over the wall or just explore enough to find one of the many, many, many secret entrances.

Of course, if it's that laggy, it'd be too frustrating to do either of those things, I guess.  Did you at least check out the shrine to the volcano?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 14, 2014, 04:52:07 am »

Kromgar, my fort is number 22. South west part of the world.

It has a large stockpile of gold-encrusted adamantine weapons and armour and all the demons you can eat.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 14, 2014, 05:33:26 am »

It should be posible to rescue Dishmab. Make a fortress above him and drain the Magma Sea.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 14, 2014, 05:55:23 am »

God knows what beer Timeless Bob has fed his subjects to turn them into ravening feral dwarves who leap on adventurers on sight.

Perhaps adventurers casually sawing their babies into neat little body parts with masterwork glass serrated disks has something to do with it.

Perhaps the Rough Labor has a bit of a beef with nearby Dinnerwandered for allowing SO MANY goblins to come through it on their way to seige the Brewery.  I dunno why the dwarves are so paranoid.  Well, the serrated disc incident might have some bearing, certainly, as will the theft of an artifact crossbow and masterwork set of armor.  Lets not even mention the slaying of one of the mighty dozen who had migrated there from earlier fortresses.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 14, 2014, 09:05:20 am »

Iirc, I set it up so you needed to use either lateral thinking to get over the wall or just explore enough to find one of the many, many, many secret entrances.

Of course, if it's that laggy, it'd be too frustrating to do either of those things, I guess.  Did you at least check out the shrine to the volcano?

There's a shrine to the volcano? I saw the mouth of the volcano and no shrine

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 14, 2014, 09:06:20 am »

It should be posible to rescue Dishmab. Make a fortress above him and drain the Magma Sea.

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Drain the magma sea. Good luck

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 14, 2014, 09:22:36 am »

I found a secret entrance to enter the fortress from beneath... but it just lead me to the room with the drawbridge. I saw another entrance but its all fortifications and it has a roof.

-----

Edit: I FOUND A WAY IN! Also i figured it out in a way I never thought a player could move before

My update is going to be megahuge
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:20:10 am by Kromgar »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 162