Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 781807 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1905 on: May 21, 2014, 04:51:19 pm »

Hydras do not breed, even in worldgen. Rocs and dragon only breed in worldgen.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: May 21, 2014, 04:55:34 pm »

I think we should also mod the save that so anyone can wear armor. Because... Dwarfs just have too big of an advantage in adventure mode with fortresses. You can't get human sized adamantine armor

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: May 21, 2014, 05:13:37 pm »

Yes, but you can't get dwarf-sized normal armor without a fort.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: May 21, 2014, 05:21:26 pm »

Hmm thats true too... but the ability to get Adamantine dwarfs anything dwarfs can find

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: May 21, 2014, 05:22:23 pm »

That shouldn't be a problem in the new version. All races supposedly build sites/towns now.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: May 21, 2014, 05:53:03 pm »

You know, it's actually pretty easy to make any clothing/armour fit you by using gmeditor. All you need to do is to change the item's creator race id to that of your own race, and its size will change accordingly.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: May 21, 2014, 09:54:29 pm »

You know, it's actually pretty easy to make any clothing/armour fit you by using gmeditor. All you need to do is to change the item's creator race id to that of your own race, and its size will change accordingly.

Well if bralbaard allows it then I would of edited armor to fit aco because if she had adamantine she might have been able to kill Dishmab

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: May 21, 2014, 10:17:25 pm »

Hydras do not breed, even in worldgen. Rocs and dragon only breed in worldgen.

Rocs are the only megabeast with a child token. Dragons and hydras both lack it, but all three can still breed in world-gen.

It's just in fort mode that dragons and hydras don't breed.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: May 21, 2014, 10:52:17 pm »

Night creatures have grown in such considerable numbers life that even the dwindling societies of man, and dwarf cannot stop it.
Be it night creature, man, or beast, every species is in decline. The night trolls no longer abduct people and they no longer have children. However, they live forever, so an unopposed group of night creatures can grow huge before the end of worldgen.

I'm thinking a completely new world, with no remnants of the old. Maybe a small mod that lets all creatures breed? That way we'll have hydras.

If I'm not mistaken, Toady made it so creatures will repopulate and outlaws will stay dead in the next update.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: May 22, 2014, 11:30:58 am »

The story of Aran Valoconibo "Calmcoast", the Trap of Passes

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perhaps elves were the race that suffered the most from the endless strife in the world of The Portentous Domain. As other, inferior races are either mortal and subject to the imminent death or really cruel and murdersome, which leads to a quick death from some stronger foe, they aren't forced to live through eons, watching as everything you loved slowly crumbles to dust. Have they ever felt the horror of living two thousands years and seeing all the destruction that time and cruel greed of others cause? Have they ever remembered it all, the every day your friends were slain by fearsome beasts? Have they ever wondered, why their perfect world, shaped by the Creator himself, was turned into ruins by lowly scum?

Aran lived most of his life in one of elven retreats called Zealembrace, a blessed place of peace where creatures of nature and elves can rest and heal under canopies of majestic, giant trees. He lived there as a Peacekeeper, basically a guard, who overlooks over animals and the surrounding area, alerting the retreat in case any nature-hating intruders come to pillage and kill. Aran was a calm elf, unlike his other brethren, and he liked to gaze at the coast of the Ashen Ocean. That's why he got his surname, "Calmcoast".

However, the things around the peaceful retreat started to change. The once powerful civilizations of mountain-men and plains-men slowly crumbled, leaving behind an ancestry of corrupted arts and depraved acts. The world started to die out, with entire regions becoming fatal deserts full of undead, and that's why dwarves of the Prime Crest called the elves for help. Their mountains became fully deforested, and their soil was only able to grow scarce food. Perhaps the 'damn happies' could help them.

And that's why Aran was instructed by the druid to depart away from the place he loved and admired into the dark, lifeless mountains of pure obsidian, and investigate the cause of all the troubles, and get the latest news about rampaging adventurers that make the forces of Hell weep in terror, and perhaps sign an agreement about tree cutting limits. Soon he found the way, directed by the wind and rare birds into the bleak huts of hill dwarves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the other day, he found out that somehow his bow, quiver and waterskin were missing. "Must be the greedy dwarves" - he thought, cursed the hellhole he landed in, and began to ask the poor dwarven farmers about surroundings and sources of evil.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: May 22, 2014, 02:30:06 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, Toady made it so creatures will repopulate and outlaws will stay dead in the next update.

Correct. No more immortal, regenerating, dungeon-inhabiting kobolds to horribly butcher. That poor woman will finally be able to rest in peacepieces. And wildlife populations will regenerate slowly, too, and kings we murder will be succeeded, and other races will have sites from which armor can be bought. And we can climb trees and jump chasms and punch people without getting instantly mobbed to death by ducks...

Only thing stopping the world in the next version is going to be the bugs that cause it to crash. And if I recall correctly, Toady said he'd handled the bug that makes sites spawn hordes of animals on every visit, which would be nice.

Also, in response to this:
I just noticed there is no civilization surrounding The Glad Seas but i definitely recall finding enormous town ruins nearby. I suppose an entire elven civilization was destroyed? Because it seemed to be in the jungle surrounding the sea but no living beings lived in the town. Also Dur Kunods placement is quite interesting. So far yet they established such a large dominion in the area

That was actually the homeland of The Confederacy of Inking, a human civilization that still owns some sites along the northern coast of the continent. Their only mistake was letting all their immediate neighbors be elves. In 183 they were attacked by the elven civilization of The Peaceful Sister, who took a fortress they'd built in the elves' forest and promptly ended the war. Then in 282 the elves of The Woods of Counselling also attacked them, and took over 16 sites, leaving them with only one hamlet and a tomb complex around the Glad Seas. In 433, the elves of The Rough Tornado attacked and destroyed the last hamlet in their homeland, leaving them with a half dozen hamlets along the northern coast and east-south-east of Dinnerwandered. All their sites along the Glad Seas are abandoned now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: May 22, 2014, 03:47:44 pm »

I look forward to seeing whatever double-husked monstrosities we create being able to jump over fortress walls.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: May 22, 2014, 04:02:16 pm »

There is only one Twice-Husked.... All hail Dishmab!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: May 22, 2014, 04:11:16 pm »

There is only one Twice-Husked.... All hail Dishmab!
Dishmab WILL meet his end, eventually. Don't ask me how. Dwarf Fortress will find a way.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else noticed just how huge this forest is?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: May 22, 2014, 04:30:19 pm »

AKA "Fangorn"
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 162