Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 783017 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1965 on: June 02, 2014, 02:57:21 am »

1146... I'll have to refresh my memory of that.  I want to say that the human caravan encountered a metric ton of invaders and may have shot up some of my wandering livestock, but don't quote me on that...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 02, 2014, 11:01:24 pm »

Don't worry about surviving for long. None of my characters have lasted more than a few days.

You have to wrestle my boy. Also put points in dodge and shield over weapon training.

Also why is no one talking about the biggest update to adventure mode ever?

Things are going to be insane. Climbing trees is going to be neat. I might create a sneak character with a crossbow or a bow and arrow.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: June 03, 2014, 02:04:05 am »

Personally, I'm excited about the new fortress designs required for invaders that will not only path through carefully placed trap halls but up and over fortifications too.  We'll finally have a reason to pave a road or a series of farm plots around the walls to keep saplings from growing into adult trees that will then become living seige ladders...  Likewise, careful pruning of multi-square trees will finally give us the ability to craft living towers through grafting, splicing and  - arbortecture will be an actual thing.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: June 03, 2014, 08:16:35 am »

Personally, I'm excited about the new fortress designs required for invaders that will not only path through carefully placed trap halls but up and over fortifications too.  We'll finally have a reason to pave a road or a series of farm plots around the walls to keep saplings from growing into adult trees that will then become living seige ladders...  Likewise, careful pruning of multi-square trees will finally give us the ability to craft living towers through grafting, splicing and  - arbortecture will be an actual thing.

TREE BUILDINGS ARE YA AN ELF?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 03, 2014, 09:03:04 am »

I, for one, am hyper-excited about the updates to Advenutre mode and can't wait to play an adventuring community game in a month's time.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: June 03, 2014, 09:41:45 am »

No, but I may play one on TV...

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: June 03, 2014, 11:38:18 am »

... I have a sketch of Dishmab fighting the grey fiend somewhere...
:D :D :D
Still hoping Bralbaard finds time to do this. Or Dishmab's descent into the magma. Or his battle with Aco while on fire with boiling reptile man blood steam roiling off his armour ...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: June 03, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »

No, but I may play one on TV...

They make great camouflaged marksdwarf cover, at least.

I'm too excited to think about it right now. I just want to hurry up and get electricity in my cabin so I don't have to drive all the way into the city to use a public computer to play DF.

Also, there is nothing wrong with my mummies, Bralbaard! It's a challenge! Think how much less we'd have to do in this world by this point if there weren't mummies to hunt down.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: June 03, 2014, 03:47:40 pm »

Also, there is nothing wrong with my mummies, Bralbaard! It's a challenge! Think how much less we'd have to do in this world by this point if there weren't mummies to hunt down.

True. When I started the game I fully expected the world to be drained of challenges after say, a turn or ten.
The next version of DF, where the world is a living, evolving thing after worldgen will be even more fun..

Also, drawing Dishmab is still on my to do list but obviously I should finish drawing my own adventure first.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: June 03, 2014, 04:39:04 pm »

Since the world changes, we are definitely only going to generate to year 2. All the time that passes will come from player forts. And adventurers will shape the course of history.

Imagine. New Dinnerwandered gets attacked by an army of goblins, led by a demon. Dishmab II, with the help of a few other semigods, defeat the siege easily.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: June 03, 2014, 06:44:38 pm »

True. When I started the game I fully expected the world to be drained of challenges after say, a turn or ten.
The next version of DF, where the world is a living, evolving thing after worldgen will be even more fun..

Also, drawing Dishmab is still on my to do list but obviously I should finish drawing my own adventure first.

Hey can I be added to the list? I guess you missed my post earlier because it was on a different page.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 03, 2014, 06:47:42 pm »

Are we sure the NPC civilizations will generate new sites after worldgen? If they don't build and develop new settlements, we could wind up with a miserably boring world or be forced to do it for them.

Same issue with night creatures if deities don't curse people or create slabs for necromancers during play; one or two vampires, no necromancers, and night trolls might not take and convert spouses properly. Might have a ton of one or two varieties of werebeasts, though, if they go around biting people. Also, mega and semi-mega beasts dont breed during play right now because most of them dont have a CHILD:x token, but they'll breed in worldgen, which helps keep them from going extinct too quickly during worldgen.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: June 03, 2014, 08:58:51 pm »

I think you should still generate an old world so there will still be stuff to do from the get go
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: June 04, 2014, 01:32:23 pm »

So are we going to start a new Mueum thread with a seperate turn list for the new version?

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: June 04, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »

Here is the save. https://www.dropbox.com/s/stkt102549gwxcv/museum67.zip

I would also like to sign up dor another turn.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 162