Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777206 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)
« Reply #2130 on: August 18, 2014, 12:21:28 pm »

Eric currently has the save and will spend a few days building. Can you pass it along to the Lupanian when you're finished, Eric?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 18, 2014, 01:11:07 pm »

Yes. Wednesday or Thursday sound good?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:15 pm »

It does.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 19, 2014, 04:48:10 am »

What version are we using now? Are you making a new thread?

I see 0.40.09 us out and still no fix for morale...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 19, 2014, 11:52:32 am »

What version are we using now? Are you making a new thread?

I see 0.40.09 us out and still no fix for morale...

I find this ironically fits the situation perfectly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 19, 2014, 12:56:48 pm »

Hehehe. That quite accurately describes it. Here is a friendlier version:

Fortress mode is playable, so we have started building some fortresses while we're waiting for the adventure mode bugs to be fixed. The world was generated in 40.08 but is forward compatible. The morale problem is the most crucial bug we are waiting for. This is however the time to submit bug reports for any adventure mode bugs you discover. If they won't get fixed now they likely won't be fixed in the next few years.

There will be a new thread when we start our adventures. It's always a bit frustrating when threads start with a 20 page discussion on game setup, and off topic posts, it would be better to start it when there's some action.

In other words: what Timeless said.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 19, 2014, 04:39:50 pm »

This is long, long overdue, but I finally got around to writing about the last part of my adventure.
Enjoy!
Continues from way back here

Spoiler: Hospitality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sasquatch (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Quern (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Museum (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Earthend (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 19, 2014, 06:10:02 pm »

GLORIOUS

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 19, 2014, 11:40:58 pm »

Glorious indeed.. and a very fitting end.

And a new museum submission too, never expected that since your character was already reported dead by Kesperan.

Also a very relevant post by Toady; he is looking into adventure mode morale issues right now, and he needs save games, it will at least be partly fixed in the next version:

Regarding stuck flying creature, it was most of the underground creatures as well, once they got up on walls, and also some that got up in trees and so on.  I followed many different creatures off the map, so I think it is working now for all of the problem creatures.

I could probably use a few more saves to mess around with in the morale report (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7161).  A few pieces of it were fixed (with ambushes, hopefully), a few pieces are intended though they may be out of whack or badly articulated (strangers freaking out when you move at them with a drawn weapon, corpse fright, some peaceful bandits), and there are lots of plainly broken pieces -- I'll be able to work much faster to address the specific concerns people have with something concrete, since there are so many moving parts now and it's difficult to recreate the issues that are most annoying sometimes.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:02 am »

Great story!

The legends viewer simply said you gave into starvation.

Interestingly Kosoth found those slabs again in the necro towers and brought them I the Museum.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 20, 2014, 02:38:13 pm »

Just caught my outpost liaison walking off with a barrel full of papaya wine, saved before he left. Bug report?

[edit]

I'm uploading the final save right now, but it's progressing very, very slowly. If I get evicted from the computer lab before it completes, you can either wait until Friday, which isn't a guaranteed lab day for me, or skip me.

didn't work :c
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:48:54 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 20, 2014, 11:19:00 pm »

We are in no hurry whatsoever, so you can try to reupload on friday.

About the bug: post a report, you can't let him get away with that!
I could see this get turned into a feature though.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 21, 2014, 03:06:56 pm »

Allright we've had no response from deepfreeze, that means the turn list for the current game is -empty-.
Anyone feels like playing a turn? You can find the save here:
 http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9388
Just drop a message that you've claimed it.

Also, Gnorm has not posted the story of his turn, and has not responded yet to requests. It's time for the historians guild to step in. Anyone can post a version of his adventurers story based on data from legends mode. Of course Gnorm can step in any time to post the official version.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: August 21, 2014, 04:00:46 pm »

So we are still in 2012? Sweet, I'd love a chance to die within this world!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: August 21, 2014, 07:47:51 pm »

I'm off to an awful start.

I decided to pick a fight with a vampire as my first quest, and I decided to be a hammerman. That was probably a bad idea.

I got stabbed a few times, ran inside a house to alert villagers, the villagers got shanked and bled to death, and then the vampire suffocated/bled to death after running away.

My legs broke, my arms and hands broke, I've fainted several times, and I've lost motor and sensory nerve control even after the wounds healed.

Better level up biting.

Also, I shall be depositing all of the teeth that came off as he fought off the villagers as the museum artifact.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 162