Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 783583 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2012, 08:09:09 am »

Maybe we can have a rule that if someone fails their first adventurer, instead of making a fortress they can use the extra time to give it one (and only one) more try? Since the fail rate is so high. Just a suggestion. I enjoy reading the adventurer stories a lot more than waiting for someone to build a fortress.

I'm still enjoying reading this. Excited to see my turn coming back up on the list. I have a few fun ideas. Considering going to visit my old fortress Lakelancers, since no one has gone there yet, but on the other hand it might be more fun to watch someone else exploring it.

Also, I am still working on my own adventurer succession game; sorry it's taking so long but real life is taking a huge toll on me lately. Just now I'm in the USA visiting family so they don't give me a whole lot of time for playing video games. I think I'll probably make the main location considerably less complicated than I was originally intending, finish it up quickly, then maybe start it as soon as my next Museum turn has finished (to prevent being overloaded with two succession turns at once).

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2012, 12:08:17 pm »

Sometimes items move for not apparent reason. I just killed a bandit, the I moveaway and come backsome time later.His clothes had moved and where scatered around. So i guess that the amulet is somewhere near the body of Braalbek.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2012, 12:34:38 pm »

Wow, with turns so fast, i will be dying myself in no time.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2012, 12:41:09 pm »

Don't worry; I'll probably get the chance to loot your corpse within a short period of time after your death. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2012, 12:57:29 pm »

I checked sylveriwind in the save. The amulet is not there. I check braalbark corpse and the surroindings as well, and the amulet is not there neither. Is a mystery ???

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2012, 01:04:30 pm »

Sometimes items move for not apparent reason. I just killed a bandit, the I moveaway and come backsome time later.His clothes had moved and where scatered around. So i guess that the amulet is somewhere near the body of Braalbek.

That used to happen in old versions, but I don't think items scatter now. Anyhow, I discovered my corpse by embarking a test fortress on top of it. All my normal clothing, including panda leather cloak were there, still on the corpse. The only explanation I have is the game crashes I had, I must have had one after picking up the artifact, the latest save game was probably dated before that. I continued from there and left for Dinnerwandered, forgetting the artifact. Another piece of evidence for this explanation is the fact that the artifact does not show up in legends mode in the current save: it has not yet been discovered.

Edit: Broken just posted before me. So the item is not in Silverywind either? That is strange. The problem is not just the artifact either, I also picked up a gold crown that is not in my corpses inventory..

Anyhow, I enjoyed the story Ncommander, I'll add you for a second turn. Looking forward to the final update, don't forget to upload the save game.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:06:59 pm by Bralbaard »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2012, 01:16:50 pm »

I just checked Niyazov's save game. Mournsaints the ruler-fire of rewards, magnetite amulet, is in Silverywind.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2012, 01:32:21 pm »

Ah, i should have looked more. I just checked the stock page, i diddn't want to spoiler anything.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2012, 02:29:37 pm »

Maybe we can have a rule that if someone fails their first adventurer, instead of making a fortress they can use the extra time to give it one (and only one) more try? Since the fail rate is so high. Just a suggestion. I enjoy reading the adventurer stories a lot more than waiting for someone to build a fortress.

Seconded. Big problem wth A mode is that getting armor for non-humans is extremely hard, and is a bit of a luck based missoin :-/

That used to happen in old versions, but I don't think items scatter now. Anyhow, I discovered my corpse by embarking a test fortress on top of it. All my normal clothing, including panda leather cloak were there, still on the corpse. The only explanation I have is the game crashes I had, I must have had one after picking up the artifact, the latest save game was probably dated before that. I continued from there and left for Dinnerwandered, forgetting the artifact. Another piece of evidence for this explanation is the fact that the artifact does not show up in legends mode in the current save: it has not yet been discovered.

Edit: Broken just posted before me. So the item is not in Silverywind either? That is strange. The problem is not just the artifact either, I also picked up a gold crown that is not in my corpses inventory..

Anyhow, I enjoyed the story Ncommander, I'll add you for a second turn. Looking forward to the final update, don't forget to upload the save game.

Please remember to update the forts location bit on the first page. While I expired, I did learn some interesting information about Tongsrace and its inhabitants.

After sleeping on it, I'm actually going to build a fort (or attempt to).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:13:28 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2012, 08:12:50 pm »

As it stands, photobucket isn't letting me update the photos for the last update, so its delayed. In other news, Northevil has broke ground, and construction has begun.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2012, 02:30:15 am »

I would like another go at this. I must prevail.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39:32 am »

Woo! Almost halfway to my turn!

Anyone mind if I do some practice runs while waiting? It's going to be a while before I get a chance to partake.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2012, 01:10:33 am »

Woo! Almost halfway to my turn!

Anyone mind if I do some practice runs while waiting? It's going to be a while before I get a chance to partake.

I can't speak for Bralbaard, but I believe the general rule was go ahead; have fun, don't post any spoilers.

EDIT: I've been thinking of starting A mode succession game with a similar idea behind it, but an actual goal since the turn list for the museum has gotten nuts (though it goes quick). My thoughts on doing this is tweaking the raws to make elfs/goblins/humans properly playable (as it stands, humans mostly work, goblins kinda work (you don't get migrants), elves are mostly unplayable, and logistically, you need some wya to get wood in a elf-friendly way (probably using the enginge Druid class, and a new workshop that has some sorta reaction). (hell, maybe even add kobold as playable :-))

(also, nobles are needed for those races)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:13:47 am by NCommander »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:56 pm »

Feel free to copy/alter the rules from this game, I would love to see more adventure games.

I can't speak for Bralbaard, but I believe the general rule was go ahead; have fun, don't post any spoilers.

that's correct, have fun!

In other news: I'm moving to a new house over the weekend. Getting an internet connection up and running over there is going to be complicated as I'll have to start from a broken wire in the front yard. Also fixing it does not have the highest priority. In other words, I might be away from the forums for a while.
I hope the game will keep running in my absence, please inform the next person in line if you have finished your turn. I'll update the first page once I am back.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #239 on: July 05, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »

Feel free to copy/alter the rules from this game, I would love to see more adventure games.

that's correct, have fun!

In other news: I'm moving to a new house over the weekend. Getting an internet connection up and running over there is going to be complicated as I'll have to start from a broken wire in the front yard. Also fixing it does not have the highest priority. In other words, I might be away from the forums for a while.
I hope the game will keep running in my absence, please inform the next person in line if you have finished your turn. I'll update the first page once I am back.

I'm still working on my fort, though I'm hitting FPS issues so its taking awhile.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 162