Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162]

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782832 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)
« Reply #2415 on: November 20, 2021, 03:31:24 pm »

Lurker's Curio Post

Reserved for interesting events I find in Legends Mode/Viewer.

Meet Ithra Fishcharmed, a badass lady. At first, I found her while looking through Omon Woge's monarchs. I found the third Law-Giver and noticed his mother was listed, a rare fact where a lot of historical figures had been culled. I traced that back to his grandmother, Ithra. Ithra was a monster slayer before the game even knew to use that term (Legends Viewer definitely doesn't state her as such). She went on to hunt and successfully kill 2 hydras, and also survived a rampaging minotaur. Her hunting eventually became the end of her when she hunted a bronze colossus.

In what may be a mockery by the Gods themselves, her blood survived to the present day... in the form of a granddaughter night creature that somehow escaped running into all the adventurers.

Important (and numerous) megabeasts:
* Minotaurs: 212
* Dragons: 89
* Ettins: 88
* Cyclops: 79
* Rocs: 57
* Yeti: 39
* Sasquatches: 33
* Bronze Colossuses: 25

Of the 100 megabeasts non-forgotten-beasts created in a time before time, only 3, all dragons, survived world generation. Lucky for them, the dragons (and probably other megabeasts) were in a breeding mood and had large family trees.

I found The Assaulted Conflict, a war where Omon Woge tried for centuries to take a single dark pit from the goblins. They expended almost 5000 humans to take it, while the goblins only lost 139. I'm all for exterminating the gobs, but these kinds of losses during a siege are atrocious.

And now we come to Stukos Edansolon, one of the most badass NPCs of Mudungudon and probably the greatest NPC to be born in relatively modern times in the world. 98 kills in fortress attacks starting at the age of 143, most of them goblins, but notably 2 blind cave ogres (and he started his legend with a BCO of all things) and a forgotten beast. And after all that, he did not die in glorious battle, but of old age at 168 years. No necro, no vampire, no adventurer, just your average quiet old dwarf that took up defending his home and succeeded.

Cat vs. carp, that age old battle.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

Incidentally, the first named cat in the world.

Do you know The Curse of Mites? The enemies of the Museum's host nation and of their human's allies, all-around bad guys... or are they? Dipping into the historical map, I noticed that Ngokang En expanded only in their area, and it was Omon Woge that expanded over that territory, prompting wars. Moreover, the goblins didn't successfully conquer one single settlement and were fairly conservative in battling. They held out with only a total of 139 deaths to their enemies' near 5000 losses for almost 5 centuries for one settlement, as pointed out above. So I almost felt sorry for them... until I discovered they were actually abducting in mass, and worse, sending their own abducted country-men, and worse, taking toddlers. Back to the sentiment of killing all the goblins...

But one of them made it, rose out of the quagmire and that was Lide Kamcanelti, a human abducted exactly in the conditions described above. Legends Viewer outright states that she removed many oppressive laws of her predecessor (who was a human vampire). She lived until she was almost 90 (which is rare for humans) until she was murdered by a goblin. After World Generation. In a static world. How does that work? Who knows, but it's interesting none-the-less. Maybe an adventurer was visiting the place and something clicked? She was also their last Law-Giver (I had my doubts when Legends Viewer named her that, but she's also called that in the vanilla game if you embark as described in the wiki), so joke was on them. Or maybe not. Maybe without adventurers coming around, she would have reached the End of Mudungudon and someone was petty enough to not let her. It looks like we'll never know.

This appears to be a weird bug of a battle.

This is from Turn 1, mind you, so it didn't have time to get corrupted unless it was from worldgen. Aslot's death is also shown 5 times, I don't know what that's all about. I'll check Legends Mode to see if Aslot really has 1.5k+ kills, but I doubt it.

Fake-edit: Legends hasn't heard of Aslot. Sadly. Hopefully I'll crack this mystery someday.

You might have read the Orid Xem/Museum 3 thread first and saw I found someone being attacked alarmingly often by werebeasts until the victim was infected. Well, looks like this is older than 0.40 and I'm more and more confident that this is a bug, unless Toady told the AI "So you want to turn someone into a werebeast? Here's what you do: you send a werebeast after it, roll RNG, if it doesn't work, wait a few years, then repeat again and again and again until you get it right or the target dies." Our "lucky winner" is Estrur Nozamsong, the mother of Lide's murderer (so she can be found relatively easily in Legends Viewer by going to The Curse of Mites, clicking Lide, her murderer, then her mother). She had six encounters until the seventh finally infected her.

First sapient religious alligator zombie, oh my!

I've finally made a list/table of the civilizations in Mudungudon. It took a few days to put together, but I really needed it. If I want to explore Mudungudon well, I need to realize what civilization is named what, and perhaps also importantly, their population.

Degel Ekast / The Galley of Safety was an interesting dwarven civilization on the other side of the world of the Museum. It had a dramatic history, being ruled between the 8th and 10th century by elves, for half a decade by 8 cave fish men (none of the vampire variety) and then since 1027 what was left of it fell under the care of bat people, more specifically
House Woodenboot-Brassgulfs, who ruled it until the end of the world. Considering the last cave fish man ruler was killed in a war with elves and the civilization is considered extinct by Legends Viewer, there must be some history here.

Meet Acik Pimostsi. And Acik Pimostsi. And Acik... Pimostsi. Triplets! Right? Who knows. I have no idea what's happening, but 2 of the 3 have the "Respected for heroic deeds" description, so they may be adventurers or companions. What's strange is they all share the same name, the same civ and even the same hometown. This is rare, though I've seen until now 2 different people sharing the same first, last and translated name in the same world, but this is the first time there are three of them, and in such a short time-span for such a long spanning game. The timing of their deaths is suspicious, as it's after the end of World Generation.

Spoiler: Original post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 10:46:52 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: November 20, 2021, 08:54:48 pm »

I noticed the megabeasts in Mudungudon are a lot less dangerous or destructive than those in Orid Xem. Maybe I just have a small sample, maybe the world is too big, maybe it's the law of probability of them being killed before they manage to destroy a settlement, maybe it's the immense population in Mudungudon, maybe it's the game version, I don't know, but I haven't seen so far a routed civilized group from a settlement by a megabeast in Mudungudon yet.
It's the game version. Megabeasts didn't raze sites back in 0.34.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 21, 2021, 07:25:08 pm »

And now we come to Stukos Edansolon, one of the most badass NPCs of Mudungudon and probably the greatest NPC to be born in relatively modern times in the world. 98 kills in fortress attacks starting at the age of 143, most of them goblins, but notably 2 blind cave ogres (and he started his legend with a BCO of all things) and a forgotten beast. And after all that, he did not die in glorious battle, but of old age at 168 years. No necro, no vampire, no adventurer, just your average quiet old dwarf that took up defending his home and succeeded.

How have I only just seen this post?

Stukos Stirflag is probably my favourite NPC dwarf of any forts I had. He was the militia commander of Ironhelm the Ocean Castle, and he was a veritable badass. I made him my Baron, and made a grand tomb for him once his wife died. His neice was the mayor of the fort. He became the main character in my post-turn epilogue from my first Museum turn here. He had a legendary adamantine sword called Osed Catten - The Maze of Channels. Ah... what a blast from the past.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162]