Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 783584 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #405 on: December 04, 2012, 07:30:55 am »

Sewer vampires usually lurk near the exit of the sewers to the river. If you swim the river until you find those exits, it is posible to lure them
out and kill them in the surface.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 04, 2012, 04:21:13 pm »

i think he had trouble breathing...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 04, 2012, 04:23:39 pm »

I understood that he was unable to breath whilst under a bridge (can't breathe if there's something above you), not that he was unable to swim at all.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 04, 2012, 06:54:02 pm »

I understood that he was unable to breath whilst under a bridge (can't breathe if there's something above you), not that he was unable to swim at all.
Yep, I actually trained myself to legendary swimmer and could move faster underwater than I could on land. But, regardless, I would not survive under the sewers for long.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 05, 2012, 10:35:21 pm »

Yeah. I've experienced that myself in the caverns. It seems that the game assumes that bridges, walls, anything in the z-level above is perfectly flat and comes right down to the surface of the water and there's no way you can get any air down there. I'm going to recommend cave-ins somehow? Burn the water? Or maybe yeah, go find a evil cloud and zombify yourself, zombies don't breathe.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2012, 08:26:44 am »

We've had no response from Drunkencaveogre, he was last active on the forums in august, so It's time to move on. Ncommanders just started his turn for the adventurers retirement home game, so I'll move him down a bit, I've also send Sprin a PM.

Edit: And no response from Sprin. We'll move on, but first I'll allow Kromgar to fix his adventurer, he's somewhere near 70 years old now and survived two adventures, and will likely die of old age before Kromgar's next turn if no action is taken, I'll allow him to teach himself to read using DFhack, and study a necromancer book.

Usually I would not allow this kind of thing, but Kromgar's adventurer is actually the one who discovered the necromancer books and brought them to the museum, even though he could not read them. It should be possible for a person to learn to read when retired for multiple years. His character also unsuccesfully tried to acquire immortality by other means,  but could not acquire vampirism from them as vampirism seems to be broken in this world.

This will mean, that for now, we will not find out if adventurers can actually die of old age. I wonder if that actually ever happened to anybody.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:14:52 pm by Bralbaard »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 21, 2012, 03:44:02 pm »

Alright... I just saw the pms today... I had a few hectic days. I just made him legendary I just nead to figure out which book has the secrets of life and death.

Also in his later years Kaslun became a master in prose, writing, reading, and speaking. Ontop of a legendary reader.(Only way I could get reading up with my limited coding expertise)

Edit:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ehox2marsxexj5s

I accidentally forgot to retire. Sent the pm to Joost66

Also I know why people who take necromancy at the start get destroyed.

They have this tag.

NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN
No physical attribute gain
Your physical attributes (strength, agility, etc.) cannot be increased.

Edit: i decided to fuck around with my necromancer powers i ran west to find a weremole... and the Titan i brought to the museum proceeded to BITE ITS ARM OFF.

This is glorious.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:45:30 pm by Kromgar »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 22, 2012, 01:27:15 am »

Just saying this, but Kromgar's adventurer is badass.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2012, 03:31:03 am »

Just saying this, but Kromgar's adventurer is badass.
I think the major problem is everyone taking necromancy and other crap at the start. They get no attribute gains and ontop of it they make 100 zombies to join them. While messing around with my adventurer seperate of the game I turned the Titan i didn't even kill into a zombie. I only encountered a bandit group of 4. It then proceeded to rip them apart. I then restarted and went with the cavefish hand only. I then upgraded to a wereiguana skull that immediately died. But what i did was sneak up on the crossbowman and bash his brains in.

It really helps fighting werebeasts(transformed) to cut off their limbs. Then run and sleep. Having metal armor helps as well... when they attempt to bite they fail.

Wrestling for Kaslun at the moment is useless because his right hand is fucked but it was really useful for ripping the weapons out of enemy hands... one time I took a spear from a guy and threw it back at him impaling him... I love doing that.

Zombies + Stones = Hilarity

Raiding pyramids or the dungeons under the keep is definitely worth it.

Only have 1 companion to ward off bogeyman.

You best have a shield when facing bowmen or crossbowmen.

Run down the closest hill and sneak as they cant see you then go up behind the bowmen and either take his bow or cut off his limb(I tend to cleave off their limbs with a bronze greataxe)

This is my first time messing with necromancy to a full extend. Its a great distraction so you can go and sneak on bowmen
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:14:46 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 24, 2012, 02:21:44 pm »

I just have one final tip.

Dont start in omon woge. You need to go really far to find enemies. Or swim into the sewer drains going into the river to fight vampires...

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:24:22 pm by Kromgar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 24, 2012, 04:02:39 pm »

Is the area around Omon Woge depleted of enemies now? It took a long time for that to happen, we had quite a few to start with after the 1000 year world gen, but with the world slowly dying since we started, it had to happen sometime. 

There are still a *lot* of player fortresses near Omon Woge, many of them unexplored, so starting there may still be a good idea, but depending on the fortress you choose, it might be dangerous for a new adventurer.

I'm looking forward to the next version of DF where worldgen will continue after the game is started. I hope new quests enemies will be generated in the new worlds as well.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 24, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »

Is the area around Omon Woge depleted of enemies now? It took a long time for that to happen, we had quite a few to start with after the 1000 year world gen, but with the world slowly dying since we started, it had to happen sometime. 

There are still a *lot* of player fortresses near Omon Woge, many of them unexplored, so starting there may still be a good idea, but depending on the fortress you choose, it might be dangerous for a new adventurer.

I'm looking forward to the next version of DF where worldgen will continue after the game is started. I hope new quests enemies will be generated in the new worlds as well.

You ask for enemies to fight and get directed to sewer vampires. You can only find them along a river sewer entrance. The southern cities just point you to an area with 80 different caves of werecreatures. You have to check each cave... it gets old quick.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 25, 2012, 01:42:33 am »

Can't you use the directions in that little boxy thing in the top-left that gives you a general direction of nearby sites and quest objectives?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #418 on: December 25, 2012, 03:12:27 am »

I don't think anyone has explored my fortress (Lakelancers) yet. There are two entrances, north and south. Each has something worth seeing. I am willing to give bigger hints if someone is considering going there and needs an extra push.

And yeah, for quests, you can just follow the directions in the top-left box. The sites with TSK next to them have quest objectives. Just blindly follow the directions it lists and it will take you right to your destination.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 25, 2012, 07:54:26 am »

Can't you use the directions in that little boxy thing in the top-left that gives you a general direction of nearby sites and quest objectives?

You see caves in every direction thats what i got anyway
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 162