Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 783771 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #795 on: April 20, 2013, 03:30:14 pm »

Keep in mind that if you add the grasp tag to, for instance, the feet, then people will punch you with their feet, and wield extra shields with their feet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 21, 2013, 04:25:38 pm »

It'd have to be added to a body part, not the dwarf itself.

Lol, I definitely meant, add it to the teeth. Herp, derp.

But yeah. You might get some weirdness, but it's either, deal with the weirdness, deal with not being able to grasp, or jump in magma and pass the save along.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 22, 2013, 01:50:24 am »

According to my notes so far, there is also already another adventurer on exhibit, placed there as a morality tale by Teshuil Despairdaub himself.  Having Kaslun's body opposite would make that exhibit quite interesting: sort of a "Adventurers, Then and Now" type of thing.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 22, 2013, 01:48:10 pm »

so downloading the last save just to see that if I can recreate the issue. in-fighting can be solved by setting the 'spar' flag on adventurers known to fight with each other. You could possibly start a fighting tourney that way. First to be either knock out of the ring or pass out loses.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 22, 2013, 04:46:54 pm »

But what if we WANT them to fight to the death?
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 23, 2013, 05:14:28 am »

But what if we WANT them to fight to the death?
Then you end up pissing off other adventurers and cause factions issues and hostility to the retirement camp which is against the rules.
okay just reached the museum and now installing all those bins and tables using advfort, kinda wonder if it's the result of over 30 people making adventurers

hmm there's a active 30k historic figure mark? then I guess the solution is to kill all the other remaining active units to make room but not murder fellow adventures. though I can check the legends mode so... I just remember I have a travelsummon script that will summon any historical unit to you if you travel/wait/rest so it's possible for the group to use that to call old heroes. Though it needs work like a delay command script so that it waits for the right viewscreen and the ability to search which adventurer you want to summon.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 24, 2013, 12:37:39 pm »

That spar tag might be interesting to use in the "Adventurer's Retirement Home" as well.  Each new adventurer coming into the retirement home would help all the others to advance their skills as well.  What would really frost the cake is if retiring a character automatically added the "spar" tag, while unretiring them automatically removed it.  (So the whole process runs "in the background").  For people who want deathsport arenas for thier retired adventurers, maybe the process would need to throw out a comment screen like "do you wish this adventurer to continue their training? (Y/N)" with the "Y" toggling the "spar" tagging process to "on" while the "N" keeps the process in the default "off" position.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 24, 2013, 05:43:46 pm »

That spar tag might be interesting to use in the "Adventurer's Retirement Home" as well.  Each new adventurer coming into the retirement home would help all the others to advance their skills as well.  What would really frost the cake is if retiring a character automatically added the "spar" tag, while unretiring them automatically removed it.  (So the whole process runs "in the background").  For people who want deathsport arenas for thier retired adventurers, maybe the process would need to throw out a comment screen like "do you wish this adventurer to continue their training? (Y/N)" with the "Y" toggling the "spar" tagging process to "on" while the "N" keeps the process in the default "off" position.
When you say "Adventurer Retirement Home" I think of some nicely kept set of villas for the half-senile wheelchair bound adventurers who managed to not die long enough to reach old age.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 24, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »

the thing is spar flag pops off after reloading a site or npcs so by retiring your character with the spar flag on will be set off. Oh and setting your self to do nonlethal damage just means you don't provoke an attack but they could counterattack and hurt you causing them to be flagged as an enemy. Note how missing your first hit doesn't provoke an attack? that's what sparring does all the time. Though playing as an adventurer allows you to use sparring to wrestle a item out of anyone's hand without alerting the guards. Sadly forcing 2 units to fight each other in a spar match seem to be a match of endurance seeing who the one to pass out first. now as I think of it why am I setting up a wrestling ring in a museum?

When you say "Adventurer Retirement Home" I think of some nicely kept set of villas for the half-senile wheelchair minecart bound adventurers who managed to not die long enough to reach old age.
your kinda right well then time to pack up and move out to find ARH to set up a national Bogey wrestling league on their campus.
"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 25, 2013, 02:09:44 pm »

What is the "spar tag"? Is it just [SPAR]? Where in the creature entry do you put it?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 25, 2013, 02:20:26 pm »

It's not a raw token, he's talking about using DFhack to hack the game into believing the target creatures are sparring with each other rather than trying to murder each other.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 25, 2013, 03:15:24 pm »

My programming ignorance rears its ugly head once again.  Here I was just thinking that "spar" was a simple boolean flag.  My apologies for the confusion.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 25, 2013, 09:37:21 pm »

It's not a raw token, he's talking about using DFhack to hack the game into believing the target creatures are sparring with each other rather than trying to murder each other.
yes a creature flag "sparring" will make them fight as if their training. it can be set on any unit and seems to been there since the dawn of Dwarf fortress.
"body swapping and YOU!"

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 25, 2013, 09:53:00 pm »

However, as mentioned, once you offload the site, the sparring flag goes away and they try to murder each other.

I'm fairly certain that letting them duke it out won't cause long-term loyalty concerns, as they're mostly night creatures anyways. So I still vote for the Highlander solution.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 26, 2013, 09:00:33 am »

I guess everyone forgot about my turn. Everyone died. Unless you guys dont wnat me to upload my save... I had started another adventurer but I dont recall said adventurer dying at all but when I went to play him again i had to load up game type. I didn't do shit this week because I had Finals. Sorry. I was hoping to outdo Pie Maker but real life got in the way. Also I have no clue what the adventurers name was but he has the adamantine axe and shield kaslun wielded. He must of been retired
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 162