Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 783813 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #960 on: July 16, 2013, 09:10:58 pm »

That was the dwarf woman living there, right? I think I recall she was relatively healthy short of an injured ear. Probably because of the kobold corpse my character raised as soon as I opened the door between the two rooms...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 19, 2013, 07:11:25 pm »

Sorry I took so long to respond. Would you mind switching to Feb's body for me, Bralbaard (or someone else)? I'm not at all familiar with DFHack. If nobody wants to (which I understand and expect), I can just start another adventurer.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 20, 2013, 06:53:25 am »

Sorry I took so long to respond. Would you mind switching to Feb's body for me, Bralbaard (or someone else)? I'm not at all familiar with DFHack. If nobody wants to (which I understand and expect), I can just start another adventurer.

I'll try and upload a save game later today.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 20, 2013, 08:24:42 am »

Trust me, DFHack is really simple to use.
Here's a short tutorial to bodyswapping, just in case you decide to do it yourself:

1.Download DFHack from here.
2.Unzip the downloaded file in you Dwarf Fortress folder.
3.Open Dwarf Fortress as you normally would to start playing. DFHack will start up automatically.
4.Create a new adventurer and play adventurer mode normally until you find the character that you wish to take control of.
5.Look at the character by pressing "l" and whatever letter there is next to character's name (such as "a").
6.On the DFHack console, type "adv-bodyswap force permanent" (without the quotation marks) and hit Enter.

And that's it. You will now have full control over the character.
As I said, it's a really simple process. The only thing involving DFHack is the typing out of that simple command.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 20, 2013, 11:56:52 am »

That works for any "historical figure" including animals, titans, goblins, ect... However, it won't work for randomly spawned animals until they get a "name" for killing one of your party, which can be a bummer sometimes.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 20, 2013, 03:54:47 pm »

Here's the save game:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1b6c4vawpkk7r42/Museum_turn_40b.rar

It's not identical to the original save game; I already downloaded Hostergaard's save game earlier and have been messing around with it, not knowing I would have to upload it later. No major changes: I've been testing adv-fort(dfhack) to see if I could build anything as an adventurer that would actually be saved properly. Turns out you can, if you first use dfusion adventurer tools to make a new site. The save game thus has one extra site, I don't think I changed anything else, except for body-swapping to Feb.

The site was for testing purposes, it's nothing fancy and very small, but it does fit with the lore of the world, so I couldn't be bothered to download a fresh save game for body-swapping.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:58:40 pm by Bralbaard »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 20, 2013, 04:47:39 pm »

So by making a new site in dfusion, adv-fort mode constructions remain constructed?!  This means that shrines to the dead are now a viable option, as well as traveler's way-stations along well traveled routes!  Cool!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 21, 2013, 01:25:51 am »

When you create the site it first asks you for a name, then for a number, for the type of site. Since I Had no clue what i was supposed to type in there I typed in a question mark, and everything worked splendidly. I later typed in a number at a different site, and at that site constructions were not saved. We should experiment a bit more to see what different numbers result in.

The created site is very small, you'll have to build within It's boundaries.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 21, 2013, 01:31:30 am »

Has anyone built the tables in the museum using adv-fort yet? If I remember correctly, furniture remains built even if a site isn't marked.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 21, 2013, 02:01:07 am »

Has anyone built the tables in the museum using adv-fort yet? If I remember correctly, furniture remains built even if a site isn't marked.

You remember correctly, if you replace "remains" with "does not remain" and "even" with "especially".

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 21, 2013, 02:11:49 am »

I think atomic chicken is right, he' s talking about furniture build in adventure mode using adv-fort/dfhack. Those seem to be permanent while walls deconstructed upon leaving the site. I don't think anyone properly placed those tables yet.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 21, 2013, 12:38:17 pm »

By "very small", do you mean a 10 x 10 area or what? (3x3 like a workshop?) I imagine several small areas could be placed next to each other to make a larger area, if needed.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 21, 2013, 12:58:48 pm »

I thought he meant it was either a 1x1 or 3x3 embark square (one being the plot you're in when you make it and the other the limits to what you could have loaded in adventure mode.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 21, 2013, 04:02:35 pm »

I think it's one embark tile. Sadly in adventure mode it's hard to tell where the border of that tile is, so you'll build a house, leave to get some supplies, and find out half your house collapsed while you were away, because you build it right on top of the edge of the tile.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 21, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »

Huh.

I suppose you'd have to "survey" an area using 1x1 pillars of wood/stone, leaving then coming back to see where the borders of your square were.  A few times of this and you'd be giving yourself a boundary line that would hold constructions permanently, while outside it, your scaffolding would automagically deconstruct.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 162